C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sunroof issue. Express closing only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 SLK230
Sunroof issue. Express closing only

2010 C300

The roof express opens fully with 1 touch. Closing it requires doing it 3 times. Once past the 1st notch in the switch and it goes almost fully closed but backs up a 1/4, pull switch past resistance and it closes almost fully again but this time only opens back up about a 1/4 of that distance to closed. 3rd try, I can hold it and it closes fully. Closes smoothly along track each time with no odd sounds or anything less than smooth. Opens smoothly. Raises smoothly.

I read the manual and it says to synchronize by pushing switch up until roof raises and hold for a second. I did this, it still opens fully on 1st try but takes 3 times to close. I tried this a few times. Same result. Still does not close fully on 1st or 2nd try. Can't hold switch down and close, it backs up the 1st two tries.

Am I doing this wrong?
Old 07-09-2015, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 SLK230
ok, so here's what I've come up with.

The resync worked BUT only if I had the ignition on. I had previously tried this with the car running and it did not work. I tried it several times. I went back out and just turned the ignition on without starting the car, and did the resync. It worked 1st time. Opens and closes with 1 touch now.

Weird but oh well. Moving on.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 GLE450 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Shore
ok, so here's what I've come up with.

The resync worked BUT only if I had the ignition on. I had previously tried this with the car running and it did not work. I tried it several times. I went back out and just turned the ignition on without starting the car, and did the resync. It worked 1st time. Opens and closes with 1 touch now.

Weird but oh well. Moving on.

Nice find We should add this fix to the Secrets thread if it isn't already there.