MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   '09 C300 Engine Shuddering/Hesitation (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/606414-09-c300-engine-shuddering-hesitation.html)

Naterrr3 11-17-2015 08:12 AM

'09 C300 Engine Shuddering/Hesitation

Good Morning all,

Just found this forum after researching heavily into why my 2009 C300 (V6 3.0L) has been shuddering/hesitating from idle to 3/4 throttle. I haven't wanted to take it flat out and break something... This happens at very random intervals and I can't seem to find a happy zone. I'm not getting any lights on the dash like a CEL... The first time this happened was immediately after a Service A at my last local dealership. I took it back to them and the manager put the air cleaners back on and it seemed to work fine. I drove it across country and it was fine until the last 20 miles of the journey. Then it stopped about 2 days later... That was back in June and now in November, it started again last Thursday when I didn't have enough time to let the engine warm up before driving it.
Is it the MAF? Fuel issue? Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for a DIY fix if possible.

Thanks!

Nate

Funkwagen 11-17-2015 09:14 AM

How many miles are on it? If it's higher up in mileage, have you checked/replaced the spark plugs? Also check to make sure the air filter housing is seated/fastened properly

Naterrr3 11-17-2015 09:39 AM

It has 85,xxx miles on it and I'm doing the Service B on Thursday. Does the air filter housing have any screws or fasteners on it? The last time I had this problem, the housing wasn't seated properly and a readjustment seemed to have fixed this... But it hasn't been touched since June

Funkwagen 11-17-2015 11:46 AM

It doesn't have any screws or anything to actually fix it to the engine, it's held down by a clamp at the rear and slots into a couple of holders at the front. It should be completely flush with the ECU in the middle. I would check your spark plugs also, that may be around the time they need replacing although I've heard people going up to 100k miles I think

Naterrr3 11-19-2015 11:45 AM

Checked the plugs, need to replace them. I have the plugs on order to pick up today. Is there any adverse reactions from driving an extra day on bad plugs? I'm hoping I can at least get them changed tonight.

Also, is there anything that a Mercedes spark plug job might need? Aside from the T30 (I'm assuming that's the size) for the solenoid, a 5/8" ratchet + extension, and a torque wrench?

95Sinned420 11-29-2015 12:45 AM

Should be fine to run another day. Heck, it doesn't even sound like you have a rough idle so that's better than most people with spark plug issues.

Symptoms remind me of a vacuum leak (not properly fitted air cleaner, etc). Although I did have intermittent similar symptoms when I had a bad MAF (on a w140 though).

As far as spark plugs go, very simple and basic procedure, like almost all cars. Just torque things to spec.