C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tune2Air Bluetooth 2011 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C300 Sport Calcite White / Black Anthracite
Tune2Air Aluratek CarPro Miccus Bluetooth 2011 C300

Hi,

I purchased a ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 to connect to my 2011 C300, which has the OEM iPod and AUX media kit/cable. I have OEM Navigation, flip screen with the software update.

Pairing was easy and simple. Plug into the 30-pin iPod and pair with Bluetooth.

The problem, I'm not able to play music unless I first pair an iPod. Once I've paired an iPod, disconnect, then pair my iPhone 5 (iOS 9.1), I'm able to stream music from Spotify, Pandora, MixCloud, et al.

As long as the car is running, no problem. Once I turn Off the engine and close head unit, I have to repeat the process.

Music streams via Media Interface settings. Track listing etc is visible once I've paired an iPod first, then my iPhone.
Telephone Bluetooth still works, I'm able to receive and place calls.

I'm at a loss. Getting a firmware update doesn't seem very easy from ViseeO. If I don't have a resolution by tomorrow, I'm returning the Tune2Air.

I really like the Bluetooth factor, so what is an equivalent replacement for the Tune2Air? No wires, plugging into accessory/cig lighter outlet etc??

Thanks!!

Last edited by GMTB; 12-21-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
I am also looking for a solution to having seamless Bluetooth in my 2011 c300
Old 12-14-2015, 07:30 PM

Well, I returned the Tune2Air as it never worked to my expectations. It worked great IF I paired my iPod before pairing my iPhone. Unpractical. I'm fairly certain the firmware on the Tune2Air needed an update, something the company made unnecessarily cumbersome IMO.

I ordered an Aluratek 30 Pin Bluetooth Audio Receiver for iPhone Dock. I will try that device. If it does not work, I will return that as well for a refund.

And back to using an aux cable for my music.

Originally Posted by Robertappel23
I am also looking for a solution to having seamless Bluetooth in my 2011 c300
Old 12-17-2015, 10:29 PM

Follow-up: The Aluratek 30 Pin Bluetooth Audio Receiver for iPhone Dock arrived and I plugged it into the 30 pin iPod cable in the glove compartment. No luck with sound.

So, at this point, I had some time to kill at work. A colleague got involved and we started testing.

She had a Bluetooth Aux adapter, which I paired with my iPhone and iPad. Both worked and I was able to stream music in the office.

Off to my car to test her Bluetooth Aux adapter. The Bluetooth Aux adapter worked! No problem pairing or playing / streaming music via the Aux cable and Bluetooth! Sound and volume were nice. I streamed Pandora, Podcasts, Spotify, et al. I made and received calls via Bluetooth paired to car without any issues.

The only drawbacks, the Aux Bluetooth adapter would require a power source and / or re-charging its battery every 5 - 10 hours, and the unit did not have an auto-off / auto-on feature.

It was fun while it lasted and I liked not connecting an Aux cable to stream / play music. Anyway, it ruled out an issue with my iPhone and iPad streaming via Bluetooth music.

While I was in the parking lot testing, she found this:

CarPro – Bluetooth Receiver for 2011 and Earlier Mercedes iPod Cable

http://coolstreamrocks.com/carpro-bl...es-ipod-cable/

I ordered one from Amazon: http://amzn.com/B017RW3DLG

I returned the Aluratek as well. So the hunt continues for a Bluetooth device that works in my 2011 C300!

I will update when I receive and test the CoolStream CarPro.

Originally Posted by GMTB
Well, I returned the Tune2Air as it never worked to my expectations. It worked great IF I paired my iPod before pairing my iPhone. Unpractical. I'm fairly certain the firmware on the Tune2Air needed an update, something the company made unnecessarily cumbersome IMO.

I ordered an Aluratek 30 Pin Bluetooth Audio Receiver for iPhone Dock. I will try that device. If it does not work, I will return that as well for a refund.

And back to using an aux cable for my music.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:52 PM

SL600
This looks like it could work. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Old 12-21-2015, 12:35 AM

The CarPro – Bluetooth Receiver for 2011 and Earlier Mercedes iPod Cable arrived today.

From Amazon: http://amzn.com/B017RW3DLG

I connected the CarPro to the iPod cable in the glove compartment and paired with my iPhone. Easy. No problem pairing.

I tried streaning music from SoundCloud. No luck. I've seen this before and I was already to start the return process and move to the
next solution BUT...

I decided to forget and pair again as I noticed something the first time during the pairing process and figured it could'nt hurt to repeat
the pairing process.

In previous attempts, see above postings, a message similar to "Device not compatible" would appear on the screen after pairing.

However, this time, "Device not compatible" did not appear on the screen. Instead, "No playable content" appeared on the screen. Progress!

So, I decided to spend $1.29 and buy a song from iTunes as I did not have music stored on my iPhone. I figured the HU recognized the iPhone but did not
find music on my iPhone.

Once I hit play, everything worked! I was able to play music and also stream from SoundCloud, Spotify, Pandora, etc! YES!!

Song info shows up, even from streaming sites. Control wise, FF, Rewind, etc do not work with streaming sites but work with the music on the iPhone.

Bluetooth phone calls work, music stops when a call is received or made, then continues playing. Awesome!

What worked for me:

CarPro – Bluetooth Receiver for 2011 and Earlier Mercedes iPod Cable

From Amazon: http://amzn.com/B017RW3DLG

The other option I was going to try next if the above did not work for me:

* This configuration will use Aux cable and not iPod cable. USB charger will use the 12V charging port in the glove compartment to power the Miccus.
This setup worked for me prior to purchasing the CarPro to use with the iPod cable in the glove compartment.

Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones by Miccus, Inc.

Link: http://amzn.com/B0038MA11U

AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Total Output (Black) by hotfuleco

Link: http://amzn.com/B00511PS3C

No Aux cable, connecting / reconnecting, Thank you!!

Bluetooth worked so well, I lost track of my phone! No Aux cable to tether! Lol

The car is more enjoyable for me.

Here are images from COMAND:

Old 12-21-2015, 09:43 PM

SL600
Lol I ordered the carpro one yesterday and got it in today, and it works great! Thanks a lot for finding that one. I figured that would be the right one and I got it set up working perfect. Great upgrade!

Its awesome how it links up right when you power on the radio.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Robertappel23
Lol I ordered the carpro one yesterday and got it in today, and it works great! Thanks a lot for finding that one. I figured that would be the right one and I got it set up working perfect. Great upgrade!

Its awesome how it links up right when you power on the radio.
Your'e welcome! Glad to be of assistance. I was going to post an update from today.

Music streams seamlessly upon start up of car or COMAND. I was streaming music and wearing my headphones, got in and started car, music continued playing via COMAND. I did not need to unplug headphones from my iPhone.

If I'm not streaming music but have Bluetooth activated on my iPhone, COMAND will play the first piece of music it sees on my iPhone, be it in iTunes, Podcast, etc.

It's as if it is always actively scanning to play music.

Lastly, retrieving song / artist title is not automatic when streaming from anything other than iTunes, Podcasts, or music on the iPhone. Nor do controls work as intended from streams other than what I just listed.

This is a minor inconvenience for me.

Cleaned up the cabin nicely as I did not like the Aux cable from the glove compartment arrangement. It looked dated and out of place when I had a passenger.

Now, my iPhone can remain in my pocket or center console for recharging.

I'm happy!
Old 12-21-2015, 10:24 PM

EDIT:

If someone wishes to save money or does not have the iPod cable, I was informed the Miccus Mini-jack RX has an auto-ON / auto-OFF feature when connected as below. I'm not able to verify as I do not have a Miccus to test at the moment.

The other option I was going to try next if the above did not work for me:

* This configuration will use Aux cable and not iPod cable. USB charger will use the 12V charging port in the glove compartment to power the Miccus.
This setup worked for me prior to purchasing the CarPro to use with the iPod cable in the glove compartment.

Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones by Miccus, Inc.

Link: http://amzn.com/B0038MA11U

AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Total Output (Black) by hotfuleco

Link: http://amzn.com/B00511PS3C

EDIT: I omitted the USB cable link.

AmazonBasics USB Cable - 2.0 A Male to Micro B by AmazonBasics
Link: http://amzn.com/B00NH13LSM
Old 12-22-2015, 02:03 PM

2009 C300 4Matic Sport
I have the Tune2Air for my 2009 C300 with factory navigation. It works fine. I get controls via steering wheel and song title on the dash, but not artist. I can't get the songs to show up on the COMAND LCD though. The input for the Tune2Air is simply "AUX." Mine does not say "ipod" or "iphone." Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Also for me, the calls are made via MB Bluetooth. It appears since the MB is not music streaming capable, I can connect two bluetooth devices at a time to my phone. When I get a phone call the phone defaults to MB hands free on the car.

The only other problem is using my phone for navigation (my navigation maps are from 2007 I believe). When I use the phone for voice guided navigation the car forces the phone to continuously play music. When I press stop on the phone, it stops for a second and restarts again. I think the car is constantly sending a "play" signal and I don't know how to make it stop.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by DuckySaysQuack
I have the Tune2Air for my 2009 C300 with factory navigation. It works fine. I get controls via steering wheel and song title on the dash, but not artist. I can't get the songs to show up on the COMAND LCD though. The input for the Tune2Air is simply "AUX." Mine does not say "ipod" or "iphone." Does anyone know how to remedy this?
My Tune2Air did not work as yours does in you car. Have you contacted Tune2Air for assistance? Have you updated COMAND in your car? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about COMAND can chime in, but was there not a COMAND update to address issues?

I plugged my Tune2Air into the Aux and iPod cable. Did not work when I tried connecting the Aux cable nor iPod connector.

The only other problem is using my phone for navigation (my navigation maps are from 2007 I believe). When I use the phone for voice guided navigation the car forces the phone to continuously play music. When I press stop on the phone, it stops for a second and restarts again. I think the car is constantly sending a "play" signal and I don't know how to make it stop.
I've not had an issue with navigation and music. I use Google Maps or Apple Maps. I will test tomorrow but I don't expect an issue.

I agree, COMAND initiates a "PLAY" signal immediately when I connect my iPhone. COMAND will either play the one song on my iPhone or play Apple Radio.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:12 PM

No problem with Google Maps or Apple Maps. I tested both today. Navigation voice provided turn-by-turn as needed and music played after navigation voice.

When I press stop on the phone, it stops for a second and restarts again. I think the car is constantly sending a "play" signal and I don't know how to make it stop.
I experienced that earlier today when I was using Apple Music. It did not happen when I was using Pandora, MixCloud, YouTube, etc, etc.

I will check tomorrow if there is a pause function in COMAND.

Hooray! A task!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:40 PM

C350 2012, C230K 2004, CLK320 2000, C230 1999
I have a 2012 C350 Coupe. The car has stock radio and bluetooth. I can pair my Android phone no problem. What I was curious is if I could map the "voice command" button on the steering wheel to activate Google Now (Android's version of Siri).
Old 04-11-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Max Joseph
I have a 2012 C350 Coupe. The car has stock radio and bluetooth. I can pair my Android phone no problem. What I was curious is if I could map the "voice command" button on the steering wheel to activate Google Now (Android's version of Siri).
I'm not sure. If you've not done so, you may want to start a thread or search in the Audio & Electronics form - https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics-38/

HTH
Old 07-28-2016, 05:17 AM

2012 GLK350 4Matic
I'm not sure. If you've not done so, you may want to start a thread or search in the Audio & Electronics form - https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics-38/

HTH
Hey GMTB,

I've read your posts and have the same issue. I have a 2012 GLK350. The center console has a weird looking plugged-in and on the open end of the wire is a USB female.

I am planning to purchase the CarPro setup as you've suggested but I have a few questions.

1. How does the CarPro wiring work. Like what plugs into what that plugs into what? I'm a bit confused here.
2. The reason I asked question one is because I have a Android phone and my wife has an iPhone 6. So right now, my phone can plug into this USB female thingy via a general USB charger cable. My wife the same with her iPhone 6 because of the USB as well.

Can you explain to me how the CarPro would work for us? I just want to ensure I have the appropriate wiring set up to work.

Here is a summary of my current setup which obviously won't work unless I get the CarPro.

Car > USB > Android Phone

Many thanks,
Wayne
Old 07-28-2016, 09:53 AM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2017 C43 AMG, 2010 C350 4Matic, 9 Motorcycles
Originally Posted by Clon3
Hey GMTB,

I've read your posts and have the same issue. I have a 2012 GLK350. The center console has a weird looking plugged-in and on the open end of the wire is a USB female.

I am planning to purchase the CarPro setup as you've suggested but I have a few questions.

1. How does the CarPro wiring work. Like what plugs into what that plugs into what? I'm a bit confused here.
2. The reason I asked question one is because I have a Android phone and my wife has an iPhone 6. So right now, my phone can plug into this USB female thingy via a general USB charger cable. My wife the same with her iPhone 6 because of the USB as well.

Can you explain to me how the CarPro would work for us? I just want to ensure I have the appropriate wiring set up to work.

Here is a summary of my current setup which obviously won't work unless I get the CarPro.

Many thanks,
Wayne

I believe that you require the 30-Pin multimedia plug-in for iPod connectivity, the CarPro I believe plugs into that and then streams bluetooth so the car belives your iphone is actually plugged in. I may be wrong but check it out and it should have a 30-Pin iPhone connector.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:03 PM

Hey GMTB,

Many thanks,
Wayne
Wayne. As Josh stated, this is a 30-pin Bluetooth adapter for an iOS iPod which allows you to stream music for an iOS device.

Android device - No coolstream: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/608974-tune2air-bluetooth-2011-c300.html#post6651462

If you purchased the CarPro Coolstream, it would allow your wife's iPhone 6 to stream music via BT.

See: http://coolstreamrocks.com/

Old video but the principle is still the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sSP_Dvnceo

Android phone: http://coolstreamrocks.com/faqs/does-the-carpro-work-with-android-phones/

Contact Coolstream / CarPro: http://coolstreamrocks.com/contact-us/

They will answer your questions.

HTH
Old 07-30-2016, 03:04 AM

2012 GLK350 4Matic
Hi GMTB,

Thanks for the abundance of info. Much appreciate it!!

I'll explain to you my current situation as all I want is to be able to play audio out of my Android/iPhone. Whatever is the easiest even if it's the oldschool way.

My 2012 GLK has and wire plugged into the center console. On the open end of that wire is a USB Female. I don't have any other connectors in the car. Nothing in the glove box as well.

My Comand Menu shows: Media Center as well as AUX.

I don't any iPod connectors (30-pin)

What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 07-31-2016, 02:33 AM

Hi GMTB,

Thanks for the abundance of info. Much appreciate it!!

I'll explain to you my current situation as all I want is to be able to play audio out of my Android/iPhone. Whatever is the easiest even if it's the oldschool way.

My 2012 GLK has and wire plugged into the center console. On the open end of that wire is a USB Female. I don't have any other connectors in the car. Nothing in the glove box as well.

My Comand Menu shows: Media Center as well as AUX.

I don't any iPod connectors (30-pin)

What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Wayne
Hi. I like the GLK, nice vehicle. I'm considering one to keep the C company.

Anyway, with a USB port, I would try the following;

* Too bad you do not have a MMI!

Cable connection:

iPhone: https://www.amazon.com/Music-Interfa.../dp/B015SNENKG

Check the Apple store for more information.

These cables are cheaper elsewhere on the net and brick and mortar.

Bluetooth:

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_ShowroomIt...0&hidShowID=21

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_ShowroomIt...0&hidShowID=22

* You should contact the company for more information and compatibility with your vehicle. Also verify the firmware is current.

I used a ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 and the firmware was not current. This led to compatibility issues. I returned the unit for a better solution as performing the firmware upgrade was not straightforward. Others users reported no issues, YEMV.

BestBuy was my last option before successfully using the CarPro. My local BestBuy had adapters "hidden" in the car audio section. It appeared they would work as well.

Lastly, if there is a local sound shop, try them.

HTH.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:09 AM

2012 GLK350 4Matic
Hi. I like the GLK, nice vehicle. I'm considering one to keep the C company.

Anyway, with a USB port, I would try the following;

* Too bad you do not have a MMI!

Cable connection:

iPhone: https://www.amazon.com/Music-Interfa.../dp/B015SNENKG

Check the Apple store for more information.

These cables are cheaper elsewhere on the net and brick and mortar.

Bluetooth:

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_ShowroomIt...0&hidShowID=21

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_ShowroomIt...0&hidShowID=22

* You should contact the company for more information and compatibility with your vehicle. Also verify the firmware is current.

I used a ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 and the firmware was not current. This led to compatibility issues. I returned the unit for a better solution as performing the firmware upgrade was not straightforward. Others users reported no issues, YEMV.

BestBuy was my last option before successfully using the CarPro. My local BestBuy had adapters "hidden" in the car audio section. It appeared they would work as well.

Lastly, if there is a local sound shop, try them.

HTH.
Hi GMTB,

On my comand system, I do have a menu option for MMI. However, there is nothing in my glove box. I do have the MMI port in the center glove box though.

If I purchase a CarPro and a 30pin MMI cable. Would this actually work properly like your set up? I would have to select "MMI interface" (NOT AUX) on Comand system right?

Btw, my card does NOT have the multimedia package, but I do have the MMI port in the center console.

Many thanks,
Wayne

Last edited by Clon3; 07-31-2016 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:14 PM

Hi GMTB,

On my comand system, I do have a menu option for MMI. However, there is nothing in my glove box. I do have the MMI port in the center glove box though.

If I purchase a CarPro and a 30pin MMI cable. Would this actually work properly like your set up? I would have to select "MMI interface" (NOT AUX) on Comand system right?

Btw, my card does NOT have the multimedia package, but I do have the MMI port in the center console.

Many thanks,
Wayne
Hi.

Yes, Media Interface is used and not AUX.

If you've verified all of your connections and the CarPro and 30 pin MMI cable will fit your vehicle, why not give it a try? Amazon does have a generous return policy, so at best, you are out of time instead of money.

You should contact CarPro/CoolStream for more information before making a purchase.

You can buy direct or purchase via Amazon where CoolStream is a seller.

Ask about a coupon for a discount. When I purchased, $20 off coupon, so the price was $59.99 instead of $79.99 via Amazon. Likely expired but worth asking anyway.

Manual:
http://coolstreamrocks.com/wp-conten...ercedes-MC.pdf

HTH
Old 08-12-2016, 01:32 PM

2012 GLK350 4Matic
Got my Carpro and 30-pin MMI cable. Plugged in and worked like charm for both my Android and my wife's iPhone.

As someone mentioned above for iPhone, my wife needed to buy a song from iTunes first, then everything worked perfectly after that. Android was straight plug and play.

I'm liking this setup, although a bit pricey.

Thanks again for the help and recommendations!

Cheers,
Wayne
Old 08-12-2016, 09:17 PM

Got my Carpro and 30-pin MMI cable. Plugged in and worked like charm for both my Android and my wife's iPhone.

As someone mentioned above for iPhone, my wife needed to buy a song from iTunes first, then everything worked perfectly after that. Android was straight plug and play.

I'm liking this setup, although a bit pricey.

Thanks again for the help and recommendations!

Cheers,
Wayne
Awesome! I'm glad it worked out well for you.

As I mentioned above, buying a song from iTunes "tricks" COMAND into thinking the iPhone is an iPod with music. At some point, if your wife's iPhone has Apple Music / Radio, COMAND will bypass the song and activate Apple Music / Radio and play music.

If you are streaming music via Pandora, Spotify, etc, and the music buffers or there is an issue with the app, COMAND will automatically activate Apple Music / Radio as it is always actively searching for music to connect / play.

A slight nuisance as it happens randomly and is easy to bypass by pressing play on your streaming app of choice.

I've had mine for 8 months and that's the only issue thus far aside from needing to re-pair / force start (unplug / plug) the CoolStream.

Enjoy!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:53 PM

2012 GLK350 4Matic
Thanks GTMB,

My wife already have Apple music, but for ssome reason she still needed toactivate song to activate it. Today she paired, and it instantly played the song to start.

You mentioned you needed to re-take and force replug the carpro, what do you mean exactly? Are you saying sometimes it just stops detecting the phone and you need to re-pair it? How often does it happen?

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 08-14-2016, 11:47 PM

Thanks GTMB,

My wife already have Apple music, but for ssome reason she still needed toactivate song to activate it. Today she paired, and it instantly played the song to start.

You mentioned you needed to re-take and force replug the carpro, what do you mean exactly? Are you saying sometimes it just stops detecting the phone and you need to re-pair it? How often does it happen?

Thanks,
Wayne
Hi.

Song on iPhone: You need a song as COMAND recognizes the iPhone but is looking for an iPod, the initial design of COMAND. Otherwise, at least in my case, a "No playable content" message appears b/c music is displayed.

As a default, COMAND will always play a song or songs stored on my iPhone unless I stream from Pandora, Spotify, SoundCloud, et al.

Lately, instead of the song on my iPhone, Apple Radio / Beats Radio plays. It's OK. Depending on my mood, I will listen to whatever is playing.

Re-pairing: Yes, on the rare occasion, I need to unplug and re-plug the CarPro. It is probably the result of me constantly using my phone, no reboots, many apps open, etc. At some point, a strange feedback, long tone, can be heard and no music plays. That's my cue to turn OFF COMAND, disconnect CarPro, reconnect CarPro, turn ON COMAND, reboot iPhone, stream music. Rebooting of iPhone takes the longest sequence.

How often, once every couple of months out of 8 months. So it is not an issue for me. Re-pairing, I've probably re-paired at least 2 times in the past 8 months. Again, not an issue for me. Same can happen on OEM Bluetooth car setup from factory.

For me, it has been great! I enjoy it and I would buy another CarPro without hesitation if this one died today! I have an unlimited data plan, so whenever I'm in my car, I'm streaming music / map directions via the CarPro.

Enjoy your CarPro!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tune2Air Bluetooth 2011 C300