C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

My findings with variant coding tweaks and throttle delay

Old 06-24-2016, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by michail71
Do you mean TCU reset? The TCU flashes run about $800 and possibly just do what was described above.
Not a TCU reset, I have an OBDII TCU flash. It fortunately cost much less than $800, because the claims in terms of what it does are bogus. They don't do much more (if anything) than reset your transmission adaptations, so you'll go back to wonky transmission status within no time. There's a reason the brands behind these tunes offer absolutely no explanation on how they work beyond their marketing.

The variant coding of that one major parameter permanently disables adaptive elements of the throttle, correct? Hence my interest in doing this rather than spending hundreds on a temporary adaptations reset device.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:04 AM

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2010 C250 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Fendmarson
The variant coding of that one major parameter permanently disables adaptive elements of the throttle, correct? Hence my interest in doing this rather than spending hundreds on a temporary adaptations reset device.
Yes, and only the throttle.

The "lastschlagdaempfung" (or throttle change damping) parameter is actually stored as a value between 0-255, and as far as I could tell, the greater the number, the less responsive the pedal was.

Disabling the parameter means the value is permanently 0, making the pedal 100% responsive all the time.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:17 AM

2007 W204 C280
Question

Originally Posted by Funkwagen

The "lastschlagdaempfung" (or throttle change damping) parameter is actually stored as a value between 0-255, and as far as I could tell, the greater the number, the less responsive the pedal was.

Disabling the parameter means the value is permanently 0, making the pedal 100% responsive all the time.
Hi, I have the lastschlagdaempfung deactivated as default and when tried to activate it, DAS gave me an error. Being deactivated I do feel worse throttle response after some parking lot driving, and then merging in traffic. ECU and TCU are updated. Car is 2007 W204 C280. (ECU is ME9.7).
Should I change another parameter in the coding menu for the dynamic throttle response?

Or maybe my DAS software is not ok ? Should I use another software (Vediamo, etc.) or change another parameter in the coding menu ?

I use these codings:

Pedalkennlinie - KLD 4 (default)
Momentenbegrenzung - disabled
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe - MSG
P.S.
Originally Posted by michail71
I can be in S mode and stomp on the gas only to have a sluggish start off the line.
If I put it in neutral first and gun the engine a few times it surges off the line like a W205 in S+ mode.
I have exactly the same car behavior, but I don't rev it in neutral. I do it in gear. Stomp the gas pedal several times, then break to lose the speed and back on stomping the gas several times. After that the car goes wild, has more off the line power and upshifts later than usual.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by cryo; 07-09-2016 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:01 AM

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2014 CLS63 S AMG
Originally Posted by cryo
I have exactly the same car behavior, but I don't rev it in neutral. I do it in gear. Stomp the gas pedal several times, then break to lose the speed and back on stomping the gas several times. After that the car goes wild, has more off the line power and upshifts later than usual.

Thanks in advance!
I do this all the time before some spirited driving, it helps the car open up and hold the RPM more at the top end before shifting.

Pedalkennlinie should be set to KLD2, look at first post.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:23 AM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2008 C-230 4Matic Sport
Funkwagen, I wish I lived near you so I could get this done.

For my 2008 C230 (C250) this is my solution in case anyone knows of a better ECU flash. I can send Eurocharged in Toronto my ECU. $600 US

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...lass/c230.html

Anyone heard bad things about Eurocharged?

Last edited by Colin G; 12-13-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
C300 sport
Originally Posted by Colin G
Funkwagen, I wish I lived near you so I could get this done.

For my 2008 C230 (C250) this is my solution in case anyone knows of a better ECU flash. I can send Eurocharged in Toronto my ECU. $600 US

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...lass/c230.html

Anyone heard bad things about Eurocharged?
I started a Eurocharged/OEtune group buy thread a few months ago. I currently have a Eurocharged tune and I love it. They are both great tuning companies and you can't go wrong with either.

I'm not entirely sure what tune parameters are adjusted compared to variant coding, but I think that the tune and the variant coding together would be an amazing combo. It could be that the tune does everything variant coding does and more.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:02 AM

2008 C-230 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Rodpwnz
I started a Eurocharged/OEtune group buy thread a few months ago. I currently have a Eurocharged tune and I love it. They are both great tuning companies and you can't go wrong with either.

I'm not entirely sure what tune parameters are adjusted compared to variant coding, but I think that the tune and the variant coding together would be an amazing combo. It could be that the tune does everything variant coding does and more.

I was too late to the party on the group buy. I missed a %25 off black Friday sale at eurocharged also but I had no idea about that. Maybe OEtune may still give a discount. I'll try those guys.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:39 AM

2008 C-230 4Matic Sport
I guess Eurocharged will honour the black Friday discount for me since that is when I first e-mailed them about my ECU flash. I think I'll go for it. Will be about $507 CAD plus shipping mine to and from.

Now I just have to drive 2 1/2 hours to go remove it since my car is in storage for the winter.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:05 PM

X204 GLX Facelift
fault codes with MSG setting

Many many thanks for this post!
I have played arround. For the moment, i dont know which PLD is the best for me and my GLK X204 220 CDI (Facelift).
But i learned: without "Lastschlagdämpfung", its to "hard" for me. :-)

When i change the "Momentenerhoehung Getriebe" to the "MSG option", the ECU saves fault-codes! Why? Here the default was set to the "CSG option". But you don't recommend that setting.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:32 PM

X204 GLX Facelift
And what is with the Fahrdynamik Paket?
We can all coding it without problems.
Does it override the Pedalkennlinie with an separate one?
Old 03-05-2017, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by wuerfel
Many many thanks for this post!
I have played arround. For the moment, i dont know which PLD is the best for me and my GLK X204 220 CDI (Facelift).
But i learned: without "Lastschlagdämpfung", its to "hard" for me. :-)

When i change the "Momentenerhoehung Getriebe" to the "MSG option", the ECU saves fault-codes! Why? Here the default was set to the "CSG option". But you don't recommend that setting.
Yeah, you might find Lastschlagdämpfung off to be a bit harsh, especially with a different type of vehicle. Lastschlagdämpfung might operate different on a diesel engine.

Same for the Momentenerhoehung Getriebe parameter, since the vehicle is different, the GSG/CSG "stock" option might be the best way to go.

Originally Posted by wuerfel
And what is with the Fahrdynamik Paket?
We can all coding it without problems.
Does it override the Pedalkennlinie with an separate one?
The Fahrdynamik Paket as far as I can tell has to do with the dynamic/adjustable suspension/drive mode selection (a bit more advanced than C/S mode that comes standard) package, so it likely won't do anything if you enable it without the corresponding hardware. It probably acts sort of like a modifier to throttle damping for the engine, the ESP system, changes shift points in the transmission, etc.
The following users liked this post:
wuerfel (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 12:16 PM

X204 GLX Facelift
Question

My Goal is: The Transmission should only shift down, when i do a kick down or drive up to a mountain :-) I want to use the full torque of the diesel engine and want to drive with minimal rpm. I hate it, when the transmission shift down above 1600 rpm.
What do you think, is the best settings for minimal rpm in the most situations?

For example: When i turn the "Momentenerhöhung Getriebe" to "not allowed", than, does the transmission later or earlier shift down??

Last edited by wuerfel; 03-05-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:18 AM

X204 GLX Facelift
Question V6 petrol engine (MED177)

1)
Does somebody know, if the PDKL of a V6 petrol engine (M276) are the same?
So, if i choose PDKL 1-2, do i use the "natural" one, same as the CDI one?
See pictures.

CDI R4

Petrol V6

_____

And: Does somebody know, whats the differents between "Lastschlagdämpfung ON/OFF" and "Erweiterte Lastschlagdämpung 1-7".
Have somebody test the numbers one to seven and how it works?
The Petrol Engine do not have the First One.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
I wanted to see if my menu structure was the same on my 2006 E320 CDI. Key in 2 position. I followed it all the way down to this screen (12:40 on the video):

User-defined procedures
User-defined actuations
Complete index of actuations

But when I choose User-defined actuations, I get this message:

Internal error: SGML file pkw\flexecu\flexua.s not found

And I get the same message at that point when I run the simulator.

Thoughts, anyone? I guess I'll poke my nose around the simulator some to see if I can find those actuations in another location.

Must be doing something wrong...just can't figure what.

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
I am, however, able to access "Complete List of Actuations." Should it simply be a matter of digging through those submenus to find vmax, torque limiter, etc...? I don't see any of those on the first level down.

EDIT: Did that...still nothing.

I'm stumped.

Last edited by shertex; 06-23-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 4MATIC SPORT
Variant Coding Issues

Sorry guys to wake up an old thread. I really need to perform the throttle delay tweak on my 2008 W204 C300 4Matic Sport. I have tried everything mentioned in this thread to no avail. I seem to be having the exact same problem that Merserybenze had ( a few posts back).

I am constantly getting the dreaded "Error: Service execution failed. Reason: CAESAR : DiagManager : 06067: DiagService refused.", it don't look like Merserybenze's issue was solved either.

I am asking everyone that succeeded in performing this tweak, what exact models are your vehicles? what ECU did you code (ME97)? Did you do anything specifically to "unlock" the ECU so it could accept coding? Any one care to share the exact CBF file that was used? It almost feels like some of these ECUs were locked to prevent coding.

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:47 AM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
You just have to keep playing with it. Whenever I go make any changes to ECU and I get that error code, I Google it and try to do most of the suggestions I read on forums like *******. There is something that has to be pressed under one of the folders (Session, routine, etc.) to allow the car to accept the changes.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
'08 C300 4Matic Sport / '11 C63
Interesting thread indeed, Thanks to all that have compiled some of this information and put it out there. This is my first time running across this thread and I have to say it has me very curious.

I don't think I'm in a position to do the tinkering but from the results you all are mentioning it may be fairly worth it. xEryx do you happen to still be willing to help if one would happen to drive to your neck of the woods? I do have the OETuning ecu flash which helped but still not liking shifts or initial response. I wish I had a shop around here I would trust but not even close. haha

Seems like this is one solution to one of the very few annoyances I have come to not love about with our w204's. Has anyone done this as well as any ECU tuning? I read that pwnz has eurocharged tune but not this varient setting yet. Would there be anything I might need to keep in mind as far as needing to flash to stock setting before?
Old 07-15-2017, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C300 4MATIC SPORT
Originally Posted by xEryx
You just have to keep playing with it. Whenever I go make any changes to ECU and I get that error code, I Google it and try to do most of the suggestions I read on forums like *******. There is something that has to be pressed under one of the folders (Session, routine, etc.) to allow the car to accept the changes.
Does it work sometimes? just curious, I have tried all suggestions even the ones suggested by ******* members, including the one I assume you are referring to (double-click on Function - DJ_Zugriffsberechtigung) supposed to enable ECU coding. Meanwhile I have successfully coded various functions on other ECUs in this vehicle. Just this particular ECU has me stumped. There are suggestions from some members at ******* that the ECU is factory locked and may require a seed/key combination to unlock. So far I have been unsuccessful in finding a seed/key solution.

I am just curious why some have had success in making these changes without a lot of hassles. I am thinking there must be some differences in the ECUs.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:34 AM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
Originally Posted by dsenela
Does it work sometimes? just curious, I have tried all suggestions even the ones suggested by ******* members, including the one I assume you are referring to (double-click on Function - DJ_Zugriffsberechtigung) supposed to enable ECU coding. Meanwhile I have successfully coded various functions on other ECUs in this vehicle. Just this particular ECU has me stumped. There are suggestions from some members at ******* that the ECU is factory locked and may require a seed/key combination to unlock. So far I have been unsuccessful in finding a seed/key solution.

I am just curious why some have had success in making these changes without a lot of hassles. I am thinking there must be some differences in the ECUs.
I've done it on 2 vehicles and it has worked on both after some tinkering. I believe locked ECU's are more common on the newer MB cars i.e. W205. It is possible you have a bad ME97.CBF file, try downloading this specific engine file from another source.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Mercedes-benz C180 W204 `12
if u try to code ecus like sim271DE20 or med40 u need to pass seed/key protection to be able to code, though on sim271de20 old firmwares there is no seedkey
Old 09-08-2017, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by myztique
if u try to code ecus like sim271DE20 or med40 u need to pass seed/key protection to be able to code, though on sim271de20 old firmwares there is no seedkey
Do you have any more info/where I could find good info on this seed key stuff?
Old 09-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Mercedes-benz C180 W204 `12
Do you have any more info/where I could find good info on this seed key stuff?
you can buy seedkey access or find special files that will allow coding without seedkey
Old 09-24-2017, 10:18 AM

Small update:

The Lastschlagdaempfung mod also works with 2009-2011 C63 models.

With the amount of power the C63 makes, making that change isn't for everyone..
Old 09-25-2017, 11:56 AM

2014 CLS63 S AMG
Small update:

The Lastschlagdaempfung mod also works with 2009-2011 C63 models.

With the amount of power the C63 makes, making that change isn't for everyone..
Make it hard to control the power due to the instant throttle?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My findings with variant coding tweaks and throttle delay