PLEASE HELP newbie. Front lip and rear diffuser - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
PLEASE HELP newbie. Front lip and rear diffuser > PLEASE HELP newbie. Front lip and rear diffuser
Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008-Present: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

PLEASE HELP newbie. Front lip and rear diffuser

Reply

 
 
Old 04-18-2016, 11:09 PM
  #1
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300
PLEASE HELP newbie. Front lip and rear diffuser

Just purchased a 2011 C300 sport and wasn't really looking to do a modifications. After driving the car the itch has spread. I'm looking for a front carbon lip and rear diffuser that has the right fit. I've had horrible experience in the late 90's with my delsol and a overseas kit.


What I'm confused about is that every vendor states Yes for a 2011 C300 but says AMG Only. Does anyone makes lips and rear diffusers for regular 2011 c300? Any links would help. I'd try an overseas company if anyone can vouch for the quality.


Thank you.

Last edited by islandcreations; 04-18-2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: figured out model
islandcreations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:16 PM
  #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MB Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 1,338
Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
http://daveknowscars.com/2014/04/12/...luxury-models/ theres lots of options find out what car you have first lol
MB Marko is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MB Marko For This Useful Post:
islandcreations (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 11:18 PM
  #3
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300
Originally Posted by MB Marko View Post
http://daveknowscars.com/2014/04/12/...luxury-models/ theres lots of options find out what car you have first lol


C300 sport ha ha ha thanks for the article
islandcreations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:09 AM
  #4
Member
 
Demvang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 111
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Is your C300 a sport model? If it's true, any rear diffuser for AMG will fit it. My suggestion is to get one with big fins. I just finished with my diffuser and exhaust tips installation, looking for to post some pics.
Demvang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:34 PM
  #5
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300
Originally Posted by Demvang View Post
Is your C300 a sport model? If it's true, any rear diffuser for AMG will fit it. My suggestion is to get one with big fins. I just finished with my diffuser and exhaust tips installation, looking for to post some pics.


Demvang, did you install the diffuser yourself? Please send me a link I'd like to see it.


Thanks
islandcreations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:38 PM
  #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MB Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 1,338
Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-install.html

Heres a rear diffuser install thread I followed this for my 2012 that i just did this past friday.

do you want carbon fibre or just a black plastic OEM diffuser? I'd say go black plastic like the OEM a lot of people have fitment issues with the carbon fibre. It's a lot cheeper and the fitment will be perfect.
MB Marko is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:43 PM
  #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 41
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
W204 2009
Big fin carbon rear diffuser from jlmotoring, I've purchased one from them for my 2009 c300 sport and the fitment is dead on.
peridon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:43 PM
  #8
Super Member
 
xjaymzzx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long island new york
Posts: 781
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport
Originally Posted by MB Marko View Post
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-install.html

do you want carbon fibre or just a black plastic OEM diffuser? I'd say go black plastic like the OEM a lot of people have fitment issues with the carbon fibre. It's a lot cheeper and the fitment will be perfect.
Hmmm lol that sounds familiar 😜
xjaymzzx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xjaymzzx For This Useful Post:
MB Marko (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 09:51 PM
  #9
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300
Originally Posted by MB Marko View Post
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-install.html

Heres a rear diffuser install thread I followed this for my 2012 that i just did this past friday.

do you want carbon fibre or just a black plastic OEM diffuser? I'd say go black plastic like the OEM a lot of people have fitment issues with the carbon fibre. It's a lot cheeper and the fitment will be perfect.
MB Marko, I want to change the exhaust tips to dual for each side. Do they have a OEM diffuser to accomdate that? Thanks
islandcreations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 09:56 PM
  #10
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MB Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 1,338
Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by xjaymzzx View Post
Hmmm lol that sounds familiar ��
took your word of advice and am passing it on ahahahaha!!!

i should add, i got the whole set up done finally thanks for the help!

Last edited by MB Marko; 04-19-2016 at 10:03 PM.
MB Marko is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:02 PM
  #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
MB Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London ON Canada
Posts: 1,338
Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by islandcreations View Post
MB Marko, I want to change the exhaust tips to dual for each side. Do they have a OEM diffuser to accomdate that? Thanks
tip's are the most expensive part of this whole thing. Depends on what you want do you want ones that say AMG or just regular tips? the ones that say AMG are like $299USD. You can get other ones cheeper depends on your budget I can send you a link of the ones i bought. The shop that I went to they said they were the best quality ones they've seen. Mine are polished stainless steel very good quality i paid $400 Canadian, from a US seller on ebay.

If you find a good custom exhaust shop they can actually make you the tips taking 4 that are a similar size and shape to the AMG ones and weld them to a Y or h pipe.
MB Marko is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:26 PM
  #12
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300
Originally Posted by MB Marko View Post
tip's are the most expensive part of this whole thing. Depends on what you want do you want ones that say AMG or just regular tips? the ones that say AMG are like $299USD. You can get other ones cheeper depends on your budget I can send you a link of the ones i bought. The shop that I went to they said they were the best quality ones they've seen. Mine are polished stainless steel very good quality i paid $400 Canadian, from a US seller on ebay.

If you find a good custom exhaust shop they can actually make you the tips taking 4 that are a similar size and shape to the AMG ones and weld them to a Y or h pipe.

Can you send me the link to the OEM diffuser along with the tips. Thanks
islandcreations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:38 PM
  #13
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 808
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Funny. If there was 2 mods I wish I could take back, it would be the front lip and rear diffuser. While it does look nice, I have doubts it'll last the full 10-year/155k miles I plan to take my w204.
edgalang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:43 PM
  #14
Member
 
Demvang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 111
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by islandcreations View Post
Demvang, did you install the diffuser yourself? Please send me a link I'd like to see it.


Thanks
I probably need to bring the car back for a left tip adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE HELP newbie. Front lip and rear diffuser-20160420_122230.jpg   PLEASE HELP newbie. Front lip and rear diffuser-20160420_122134.jpg  
Demvang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:52 AM
  #15
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300
Originally Posted by Demvang View Post
I probably need to bring the car back for a left tip adjustment.

Nice. Where did you get the diffuser and along with what tips are those? Thanks Love the look!
islandcreations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:55 AM
  #16
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 C300
Originally Posted by edgalang View Post
Funny. If there was 2 mods I wish I could take back, it would be the front lip and rear diffuser. While it does look nice, I have doubts it'll last the full 10-year/155k miles I plan to take my w204.

Curious why you say it wouldn't last 10 years? Thanks
islandcreations is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:09 PM
  #17
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Posts: 808
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by islandcreations View Post
Curious why you say it wouldn't last 10 years? Thanks
...just a feeling since it is not an OEM part. Hopefully I'll be mistaken.
edgalang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:44 AM
  #18
Member
 
Demvang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 111
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by islandcreations View Post
Nice. Where did you get the diffuser and along with what tips are those? Thanks Love the look!
I got the diffuser from Ebay and tips are E63 style
Demvang is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AutoTalent
C63/C63S AMG
9
02-20-2017 07:09 PM


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: