C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New Member!! 2010 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC, 2005 Silverado Z71 6.2L V8
New Member!! 2010 C300

Hey! I'm Jackson and I'm from Cary, North Carolina. I graduate from high school in less than 2 weeks, and I will be attending the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill next year after making a hard decision between UNC, Duke, Vanderbilt, and Davidson College!

I have driven a lifted 2005 Silverado Z71 VortecMax for the past year and a half, and as a graduation present, I have been given my mom's 2010 C300 4MATIC. I enjoy having a lot of fun with it! I plan on doing several modifications to it as I did to my truck which I got bone stock from my dad!

Here are both the cars as they sit now! We have a home in Figure Eight Island, NC, so I frequently visit that area as well as you may be able to tell from the pictures!

New Member!! 2010 C300-8huxroz.jpg
New Member!! 2010 C300-y5xotuj.jpg
New Member!! 2010 C300-u4szznx.jpg
New Member!! 2010 C300-c2p4som.jpg
New Member!! 2010 C300-5bdhl29.jpg

and one special one for you guys!

New Member!! 2010 C300-kwptt8n.jpg

Last edited by ChapelHillW204; 05-10-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:02 PM

Received 101 Likes on 78 Posts
325Ci, 325Cic, C300
Welcome!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
So you're my age.

LOL

Welcome to the forums!
Old 05-09-2016, 07:16 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld. Looks like that Silverado got a lot of fun use out of it lol. Grats on inheriting the w204.

Let us know if you ever want to upgrade her lighting. We specialize in plug and play canbus LED and HID upgrades for whiter, brighter lights
Old 05-09-2016, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by cvx5832
Welcome!
Thank you! I love your wheels!

Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
So you're my age.

LOL

Welcome to the forums!
Thank you! I am kind of worried about catching flack on here because it's "daddy's money" like I do on instagram with my truck, but I will stay as humbled as possible to avoid that!

Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Welcome to MBWorld. Looks like that Silverado got a lot of fun use out of it lol. Grats on inheriting the w204.

Let us know if you ever want to upgrade her lighting. We specialize in plug and play canbus LED and HID upgrades for whiter, brighter lights
Thanks for the warm welcome! After having super bright 6000K HIDs in my silverado in lows, DRLs, highs, and fogs, and usually keeping ALL of them on at once, these headlights are just not cutting it. Especially since I plan on tinting the windshield. I will keep you in mind!

Right now I am more focused on getting a new quad exhaust setup done, new grille, getting a new front bumper and getting an AMG spoiler, but it will be headlight time soon enough! I have a long list of things planned.

And no it is not a beater like it looks like in the first picture parked on the grass! It is just as dirty as dirty gets! I will have it detailed and glowing soon enough.

Last edited by ChapelHillW204; 05-09-2016 at 11:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AZN Optics (05-10-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Eurocharged
Jackson, how many miles on the car? How well was the maintenance performed on it? Before you go spending tons of money on things that don't make the car perform any better (i.e. exterior stuff), why not make sure it's running at top performance first? Has the differential fluid been replaced? Brake fluid? Tranny fluid? How many miles on the shocks? Are the tires good, bushings good, etc?
Old 05-09-2016, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
Originally Posted by ChapelHillW204
Thank you! I am kind of worried about catching flack on here because it's "daddy's money" like I do on instagram with my truck, but I will stay as humbled as possible to avoid that!
Eh, us old guys are probably just a little jealous. But those are some good schools so you're doing something right and putting in hard work. Stay humble and welcome!
Old 05-10-2016, 12:15 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4

Thanks for the warm welcome! After having super bright 6000K HIDs in my silverado in lows, DRLs, highs, and fogs, and usually keeping ALL of them on at once, these headlights are just not cutting it. Especially since I plan on tinting the windshield. I will keep you in mind!

Right now I am more focused on getting a new quad exhaust setup done, new grille, getting a new front bumper and getting an AMG spoiler, but it will be headlight time soon enough! I have a long list of things planned.

And no it is not a beater like it looks like in the first picture parked on the grass! It is just as dirty as dirty gets! I will have it detailed and glowing soon enough.
No problem. Just hit us up for any help.

For your exhaust, are you thinking cat back or just Y split tips?
Old 05-10-2016, 06:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
It is just as dirty as dirty gets! I will have it detailed and glowing soon enough.
It may be very satisfying learning how to detail the car yourself. There are lots of experts here who are only too willing to give you the fine points on clay baring & polishing, vacuuming & leather maintenance etc.

How about starting to do some simple maintenance jobs like changing the interior air cabin filter . You can progress to changing the engine oil & filter, fuel & air filter then even changing the auto trans oil.

This experience will hold you in good stead to fully understand the workings of a car & lead you to buying the right car for your needs in the future. It is also a very enjoyable past time.

Good luck & start asking questions.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by LCPLPunk
Jackson, how many miles on the car? How well was the maintenance performed on it? Before you go spending tons of money on things that don't make the car perform any better (i.e. exterior stuff), why not make sure it's running at top performance first? Has the differential fluid been replaced? Brake fluid? Tranny fluid? How many miles on the shocks? Are the tires good, bushings good, etc?
When my parents got this car new, it was with the intention of it becoming mine eventually, so it has not been driven much, and I was on their backs to make sure it was kept up well LOL. It has 42k miles and is in amazing shape. The only thing really wrong with it is that the front right parking light is out, and it needs new rear tires eventually, but we will be taking it in for the 3k mile oil change next week, so I will get the parking light taken care of by the dealer then. I plan on getting new wheels so I'll do tires then. Also, it just has a small white mark on the plastic under the side view mirror, so I will be getting that replaced. My truck was a show truck, and I plan on keeping this car the same! I'm new to this car, but our family has had several Benz's, most of them AMGs, so we know how to treat these cars right!

Originally Posted by michail71
Eh, us old guys are probably just a little jealous. But those are some good schools so you're doing something right and putting in hard work. Stay humble and welcome!
Thank you for the advice and warm welcome! Your car looks great!

Originally Posted by AZN Optics
No problem. Just hit us up for any help.

For your exhaust, are you thinking cat back or just Y split tips?
I am planning on getting the stock mufflers replaced with either magnaflows or glasspacks, and I plan on getting the resonator replaced with an x-pipe leading out to quad tips and a carbon fiber C63 diffuser. My truck has straight pipes no cats no muffler, and that is way too loud, and I don't want the W204 to be that obnoxious.

Originally Posted by Carsy
It may be very satisfying learning how to detail the car yourself. There are lots of experts here who are only too willing to give you the fine points on clay baring & polishing, vacuuming & leather maintenance etc.

How about starting to do some simple maintenance jobs like changing the interior air cabin filter . You can progress to changing the engine oil & filter, fuel & air filter then even changing the auto trans oil.

This experience will hold you in good stead to fully understand the workings of a car & lead you to buying the right car for your needs in the future. It is also a very enjoyable past time.

Good luck & start asking questions.
Thank you sir! I'm not sure if you're familiar with trucks at all, but that Silverado was totally stock when I got it. I enjoyed doing everything that I could on my own and by hand, and it taught me a lot about that vehicle and vehicles in general. I plan on doing as much of the maintenance on this vehicle that I can, and I plan on self-installing most of my modifications. However for safety-related features, such as brakes and suspension and other major work, I will probably let the dealer do it.

As far as detailing goes, my truck was/is a show truck and I would do full exterior and interior details on my own, and I actually do it for some extra money on the side for others who don't want to detail their own car. Time has been hard to come by with final exams and graduation and parties and everything, but I'll find the time this summer and get it looking spotless. Maintaining a clean car is easy but getting it spotless the first time is what will take me a whole day.

Last edited by ChapelHillW204; 05-10-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:07 AM

325Ci, 325Cic, C300
When my parents got this car new, it was with the intention of it becoming mine eventually, so it has not been driven much, and I was on their backs to make sure it was kept up well LOL. It has 42k miles and is in amazing shape. The only thing really wrong with it is that the front right parking light is out, and it needs new rear tires eventually, but we will be taking it in for the 3k mile oil change next week, so I will get the parking light taken care of by the dealer then. I plan on getting new wheels so I'll do tires then. Also, it just has a small white mark on the plastic under the side view mirror, so I will be getting that replaced. My truck was a show truck, and I plan on keeping this car the same! I'm new to this car, but our family has had several Benz's, most of them AMGs, so we know how to treat these cars right!
What is a 3k mile oil change and where do you take it?
Old 05-10-2016, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by cvx5832
What is a 3k mile oil change and where do you take it?
Mercedes Benz of Cary. And we don't drive that much, as you can see by the 42k miles on a 7 year old car. So we take it in for an oil change every 3k just because it might take us 9 months to a year to drive 5k and we don't want the oil sitting that long. Sorry for not clarifying that. We still get service done every 5k or whenever it pops up on the dash. We just change fluids early. It's more like we get the oil changed every 4 months and that ends up being around 3k.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
2013 C250 Sport
For that white mark on the side mirror you mentioned have you tried buffing with a clay bar? Sometimes what looks like paint damage can be fixed with clay.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by michail71
For that white mark on the side mirror you mentioned have you tried buffing with a clay bar? Sometimes what looks like paint damage can be fixed with clay.
Haven't tried it yet. It's actually on the plastic under the painted part on the bottom of the mirror. It's from my mom hitting the side of the garage trying to pull the car in one day. I'm 99% sure it's just paint transfer from the garage part she hit, because it has white paint and the spot the mirror hit looks to have came off. However, since it's plastic I'm not sure if clay will discolor it further.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:39 PM

325Ci, 325Cic, C300
Haven't tried it yet. It's actually on the plastic under the painted part on the bottom of the mirror. It's from my mom hitting the side of the garage trying to pull the car in one day. I'm 99% sure it's just paint transfer from the garage part she hit, because it has white paint and the spot the mirror hit looks to have came off. However, since it's plastic I'm not sure if clay will discolor it further.
In any case, that part is cheap. One of my dealer horror stories that I won't get into.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:49 PM

325Ci, 325Cic, C300
Mercedes Benz of Cary. And we don't drive that much, as you can see by the 42k miles on a 7 year old car. So we take it in for an oil change every 3k just because it might take us 9 months to a year to drive 5k and we don't want the oil sitting that long. Sorry for not clarifying that. We still get service done every 5k or whenever it pops up on the dash. We just change fluids early. It's more like we get the oil changed every 4 months and that ends up being around 3k.
Thanks for the explanation. Oils today, especially those holding Porsche, BMW and Mercedes certs are of very high quality. If the car just sits most of the time but actually goes on freeway drives when it does, the oil will be fine. It's the short drives that really kills the oil because you don't burn the condensation off and the oil eventually turns acidic.

All that to say to do some reading and see how that oil change interval fits YOUR driving habits before listening to that monkey (Service Advisor) at the dealership. Look into UOAs for the oil you use and the trips you do. You'd be surprised.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 540 Likes on 477 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....

I was a tad the same but the community is very nice!

Remember, the kids are just jealous*
But that is assuming you are a smarter individual with a nice family and such, because if you're just going to be some bloke street racer (doubt it) then I'd just end up losing respect for you.

The "you" is interchangeable, I'm not calling you out btw;

It's just that a lot of teens do stupid crap, and really don't care much for their futures.

Also we are Class of '16 Squad