C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Northeast Replacement Key information

Old 07-04-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300 4matic sport
Smile Northeast Replacement Key information

Hi all new here nd just wanted to share information as all have you have been very helpful to read about your benz and issues etc.

I recently purchased my first benz a 2014 c300 sport 4matic. It had only one key with is from a large European sport car dealer in Massachusets.

Just wanted to share that I checked replacement key prices as i do not like not having a second key. Prices and information varied from dealer to dealer but this was also a good chance to feel them out for future needs.

Manchester NH MB (Prime motor group)
Key $302
Programing $68

Portsmouth NH MB (Holoway Motors)
Key $261
Programing $40

Burlington Massachusetts MB
Key $237 (tax in MA) = $251
Programing (service guy -"They come programed and wouldnt charge you to verify the vin and that it works")

Guess where I went yesterday to order my key? They could not have been friendlier and apologetic that today was a holiday and tey would not have the key until Friday
The following users liked this post:
maxnrelax (07-10-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 02:52 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your contribution...

One thing that I think is consistent when ordering a replacement key is that all dealers will request proof of ownership from the person placing a key order. Or at least they are supposed to for the obvious reason that this is a theft related item and only the vehicle's owner should be receiving one.

Was this consistent with your experience? Did you have to show them a vehicle registration card or a similar document?
Old 07-05-2017, 04:21 PM

c300 4matic sport
Very Consistent among all of the dealers I called. They all told me the process on the phone.

When I went to Burlington they wanted the registration and my Identification in order to proceed.

They did confirm that when I come to pick up the key that I would have to have the vehicle with me so they could confirm the vin and make sure the key worked. They again confirmed there would not be a "programing fee" for them to do this.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:20 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by IamPsymon
Very Consistent among all of the dealers I called. They all told me the process on the phone.

When I went to Burlington they wanted the registration and my Identification in order to proceed.

They did confirm that when I come to pick up the key that I would have to have the vehicle with me so they could confirm the vin and make sure the key worked. They again confirmed there would not be a "programing fee" for them to do this.
That is definitely great to hear. It is a big liability for them, and even more so for us. It is the same way here out on the best coast (hahaa)...

Great forward vision on your part to get the 2nd key now rather than when you REALLY need one because key #1 was lost or something.

Thanks for following up and enjoy your C-Class.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 PM

c300 4matic sport
Thanks for the welcome! I thought it was good information to share after calling 3 dealers and only 1 being honest and reasonably priced without charging extra on delivery for "programing"

I really did not want to get caught losing or locking my key in the car and having to have it towed to a dealer and then waiting for the key.
Then I would have been .