C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android 10.25 Screen Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 03:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
And that is exactly what you have if you just ignore that stuff. Nothing says you have to use that part.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i see other units with so much better specs, like newer android , 8 core cpu , double ram.. that could be a reason why google maps is choking.

i wonder if they will bump the specs... for the price of this unit the specs are not that good.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Show me ONE unit that do what ours do with can bus interaction with old comand and car features. Mine do not choke on google. AND you can use both USB and sd card for bigger storage. I you just want a unit the dont interact with the car and sits with this bracket just bring a ipad with you.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by benzdude
Any info on how firmware updates are provided? Was there a "MPH" update yet?
I'm going to check with my seller on this one. At the same time, I'm trying to learn making custom roms. If I can at least change the image here to US speedometer I'll be happy.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C180 Kompressor (2008)
I just noticed, my screen won't show the temperature I've chosen.
It only says "HI" no matter how I set the AC temp, the other stuff like fan and ac on/off works tho.

Why?
Old 04-01-2018, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
Show me ONE unit that do what ours do with can bus interaction with old comand and car features. Mine do not choke on google. AND you can use both USB and sd card for bigger storage. I you just want a unit the dont interact with the car and sits with this bracket just bring a ipad with you.
​​​​​​Have to agree with Chris on this one. Nothing comes close to this one yet as far as function. I don't have issue with Google maps either. But I prefer to use waze for navigation.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:07 AM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Tectitgrau S210
Since there is a lot of good usefull info in this thread, I'd like to add that if you go to the setting, click "Factory Pattern" passcode 111111 it will take you to the service menu. Here you can at minimum change the boot screen so that it says "Mercedes-Benz" instead of AMG. I cant stand AMG logos on non AMG cars.

Also in this meny you can go to the full android system settings, though a lot of the sub-menu's are taken out.

I will definitely try to root and load to SD card tomorrow, I need to download the offline map to whole SoCal so I dont have to keep tethering my phone. Oh, and google maps does not lag for me either. I have my antenna on the dash behind the center channel grill mesh.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:00 AM

Tectitgrau S210
Originally Posted by aznmode
I was able to move youtube (200+mb) to sd card. So I can only assume I've made room for only that much. So I am still limited to downloading any app larger than 200gb. Which is good for now as most app I want to install are less than that. I just need to keep moving them to sd after install.

Since I'm rooted, if remember back in the old android days I was able to make storage the internal storage so potentially I can increase my storage to 32gb. I will try to see if it will recognize a 64gb then that's even more room.
I tried the 64GB U1 card out of my phone and it did not recognize it, I did not format it prior because I didnt want to loose my data so that may factor in, but doubt it.

Good to know that at least it recognizes up to 32GB
Old 04-02-2018, 03:04 AM

Tectitgrau S210
Originally Posted by deepthought66
Have you tried installing 'Android Auto'? I haven't read enough about Android Auto, but I see APK's available for Android 5.0+...I'm wondering if these will work.
Have you tried automating anything (for example - auto-launch Spotify) using Tasker or similar?
Any other noteworthy app-based mods?
per the other thread, I've been trying all day to get AndroidAUTO to work but not luck, all I get it the screen below telling me to connect my phone. iPhone's CarPlay worked immediatly. Same thing applys to screen mirroring, which I really dont car much for. Iphone worked, Android did not.

I have tried 3 different versions of the AutoPlayBox APK but they all say the same thing, just different interfaces.

Newest verions of APK

Old 2017 version of APK

Old 04-02-2018, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by adro92
I just noticed, my screen won't show the temperature I've chosen.
It only says "HI" no matter how I set the AC temp, the other stuff like fan and ac on/off works tho.

Why?
I only get this when I adjust the knob all the way to the right. When I dial back, each click increments down. When I go all the way left, it shows "LOW"
Old 04-02-2018, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by deepthought66
Have you tried automating anything (for example - auto-launch Spotify) using Tasker or similar?
Any other noteworthy app-based mods?
I posted this in reply to your question in the w212 forum but figured I'd share my answer here as well.

I use this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llReviews=true

To auto launch this app (it takes time if you have other things trying to launch on boot like LMT Pie)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....motorcar.free

Paid version (not sure entirely the difference)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncher.motorcar

The Car Launcher is my go to app now as I can customize it better to have my specific set of app list. If I need to go back to the standard android one I just press home button. Using LMT PIE I can easily go back to Car Launcher.

Here is why I like Car launcher (Sorry for the blurry pics):
1. Built in voice search button

2. Choose any player installed and control play pause forward back

3. Create custom app list

4. MPH. Minor but still a plus (far right of screen)
Old 04-02-2018, 08:03 PM

Tectitgrau S210
UPDATE: Fix for my memory issue (for now)

Root with Kingroot
Install Foldermount and move app data to SD card (I currently have a 32gb sd card in the unit)

Working with Chris at CKM on the audio auto switch intermittent issue & mirroring issue with my Samsung Note 8 (this mirroring issue might be Note 8 specific)
Quick question, after you install kingroot and foldermount, do you have to keep them both installed for it to continue working on apps you have re-directed to SD card? Reason I ask is because I dont want a bunch of random apps on my homescreen. I want to install the 5 apps I really want, re-direct them to SD and then get rid of the "tool apps" so they dont take up realestate on the home screen
Old 04-02-2018, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by Ungarisch
Quick question, after you install kingroot and foldermount, do you have to keep them both installed for it to continue working on apps you have re-directed to SD card? Reason I ask is because I dont want a bunch of random apps on my homescreen. I want to install the 5 apps I really want, re-direct them to SD and then get rid of the "tool apps" so they dont take up realestate on the home screen
Kingroot I don't think so once you have installed superuser, but you have to keep foldermount for sure. But I did switch from Foldermount to Move to SD app instead just because it's easier to use. Your random apps wont be in the home screen but rather in the app section of the home screen so it won't clutter the main screen. Unless you meant the app screen.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300
Originally Posted by xliltimcuzx
Looks good! I just got mine in the mail today. How long did it take you to install?
How long did it take for you to receive the item ?
Old 04-03-2018, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by maxnrelax
How long did it take for you to receive the item ?
Depending where you get it from and how it's shipped. Mine came directly from China, shipped via DHL on March 2nd @ 11:11am. I think Hong Kong is almost a day ahead so I would count this as shipped March 1st US date. Delivered March 5th @ 10:30am PST. So if you have to order from China, I would select DHL (6 -13 days). There is EMS which is usually free but that usually takes longer (20-40 days). But double check with your seller for shipping rates.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300
Depending where you get it from and how it's shipped. Mine came directly from China, shipped via DHL on March 2nd @ 11:11am. I think Hong Kong is almost a day ahead so I would count this as shipped March 1st US date. Delivered March 5th @ 10:30am PST. So if you have to order from China, I would select DHL (6 -13 days). There is EMS which is usually free but that usually takes longer (20-40 days). But double check with your seller for shipping rates.
Thanks but I thought you got it from Chris the Swede.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by maxnrelax
Thanks but I thought you got it from Chris the Swede.
I got mine for Aliexpress. But Chris is always on these forums to answer any questions you may have if you have bought from him. Very cool dude. My seller is also responsive but I do have to wait because email is my only point of contact.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 444 Likes on 344 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
I got mine for Aliexpress. But Chris is always on these forums to answer any questions you may have if you have bought from him. Very cool dude. My seller is also responsive but I do have to wait because email is my only point of contact.
There is now a different Andriod 6.0 2gb version on Aliexpress but the interface looks less refined. Carsara versions are better.

Last edited by benzdude; 04-04-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
There is now a different Andriod 6.0 2gb version on Aliexpress but the interface looks less refined. Casara version are better.
I've seen them before prior to buying mine but couldn't find more info or support for them so I opted against it.

But from what I know on our units, the Mercedes interface is just a Home Launcher. If I install another home launcher such as Car Launcher, it will then ask me to chose which home launcher to use when pressing the home button. That is confirmation that it's just a home launcher application. If we can get access to the home launcher APK then it's probably just as easy as installing it on the new version unit.

Last edited by aznmode; 04-03-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 444 Likes on 344 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
I've seen them before prior to buying mine but couldn't find more info or support for them so I opted against it.

But from what I know on our units, the Mercedes interface is just a Home Launcher. If I install another home launcher such as Car Launcher, it will then ask me to chose which home launcher to use when pressing the home button. That is confirmation that it's just a home launcher application. If we can get access to the home launcher APK then it's probably just as easy as installing it on the new version unit.
Well someone could take a 2gb hardware version and install carsara software on it or simply upgrade the Andriod version on any unit (with some experimentation).

I give it about 3 to 6 months before they start selling Andriod 7 or 8 versions. I waits.

The "Aquarium" launcher. Lol.

Last edited by benzdude; 04-04-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Well someone could take a 2gb hardware version and install casara software on it or simply upgrade the Andriod version on any unit (with some experimentation).

I give it about 3 to 6 months before they start selling Andriod 7 or 8 versions. I waits.

The "Aquarium" launcher. Lol.

LOL. I actually saw a FL w204 version that was android 7.1. Similar spec 2gb RAM 16gb Nand flash. Emailed the seller to see if they have a Pre FL version just out of curiosity.

Last edited by aznmode; 04-03-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
And 2 more big boxes to fit somewhere...And a bad interface that do NOT work with old comand. This is a standalone interface. No MB features. And when it comes to space you can have it all a sd card.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:56 PM

Tectitgrau S210
Originally Posted by Ungarisch
I tried the 64GB U1 card out of my phone and it did not recognize it, I did not format it prior because I didnt want to loose my data so that may factor in, but doubt it.

Good to know that at least it recognizes up to 32GB
I did some reasearch and found out that the unit only accepts SDHC cards and not SDXC. SDHC tops out at 32GB max storage, and SDXC is not backwards compatible. You can however use the latest and greatest U3 speed rating (30MB/s), but I doubt the unit would be able to utilize it, it does see the U3 card though.

However, I dont think you really even need to upgrade the SD card. The 16GB card that comes with the units is already U1 rated, but the main issues is that even when you use AZNMode's Apps2SD application to move apps to the SD card, it reallty only moves the app from the 1GB internal system memory, to the 13GB "other" internal memory, not the external SD card. Also, when google maps downloads the local offline maps to SD card, you can only choose the 13GB internal memory to download to, not the external SD card. Spotify on the otherhand you can choose to download all songs to the external memory, so there's at least that!

I've been researching for 3 days now on german forums and other MB model forums, but I still can't find a way to use the CKM/CarLife Mall CarPlay/AndroidAUTO dongel with an android phone, only iOS works and it works just fine though the screen aspect ratio is stretched out. The reason I REALLY want this to get working with Andorid is becuase when you are using AndroidAUTO, all of the apps techincally run on your phone, not the head unit, so if you have even a low end phone it'll be faster than this headunit. Not that I really think the headunit is particularly slow, but first boot on Spotify does take about 12 seonds on top of the headunit itsef taking 30-35 seconds to boot itself.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Mail me....
Old 04-04-2018, 05:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 Mercedes C350 Coupe
Does anyone know if theres shops that are willing to perform this upgrade for our cars? I'm located in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and I have the 2014 facelift W204 C350 Coupe. I wanna get this but don't want to install it myself as I'm scared I might screw up something :/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Android 10.25 Screen Unit