C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android 10.25 Screen Unit

Old 09-03-2018, 04:02 AM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
2011 W212
I have used APKs using the built in APK installer/manager.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport 4Matic
That's interesting. Not sure what I'm missing. I downloaded the apk I needed from apkmirror.com. I know the apk works cause I successfully installed it on other devices. Are you referring to the apk installer in the "storage" options in android settings? I've tried using that to install it but the only apk it finds is the iGO_North America_Ext.apk. It can't seem to find any other apks. I even tried installing an apk installer from the playstore but it can't find apks either. How are you doing the installs? I must be doing something wrong. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
There is an APK installer in the Apps icon (on the main screen) on mine where all the other installed apps are. Not tried using it as of yet though.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:27 AM

B250 W246
Problem connecting my OBDII to Torque Pro

Originally Posted by aznmode
So I bought a bluetooth OBDII scanner that plugs into my OBDII. This way I can see information such as RPM, speed, boost, temp etc on the screen. Except I can't get it to pair. When I go to my bluetooth setting, I see the OBDII on the list but when I try to pair, it won't pop up the screen to where I can enter the pairing code. Do you guys know of any bluetooth OBDII devices that do not require a pairing code?

This is the one I bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

UPDATE: Solved my issue
Found this app to pre program pin code for bluetooth connections. Well worth the $1.99 price tag for what I'm trying to accomplish.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...con.btautopair

I purchased Torque Pro from the play store and here is a screen shot.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.prowl.torque

Not sure I like the interface of Torque Pro so I will keep searching for one that I like.

+

Hi, I hawe installed the 10.25 Android Screen in my B250 W246 - but I'm not able to connect the TorquePro App to my OBDII device...
The OBDII are shown on the Android, but when looking for it in the TorquePro it do not exist???
You are referring to a program for UPDATE, but I can't get into the webside...
Anybody have a hint?
Kind Regards.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by forevr5688
That's interesting. Not sure what I'm missing. I downloaded the apk I needed from apkmirror.com. I know the apk works cause I successfully installed it on other devices. Are you referring to the apk installer in the "storage" options in android settings? I've tried using that to install it but the only apk it finds is the iGO_North America_Ext.apk. It can't seem to find any other apks. I even tried installing an apk installer from the playstore but it can't find apks either. How are you doing the installs? I must be doing something wrong. Thanks.
Where are you launching the APK from? If it is on a USB stick, move it to the download folder on the device and launch it from there.
The following users liked this post:
Gonzosax (09-14-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts
2010 c300
How to use android auto on V1:

This will use android auto on your phone and you will be able to output it on the 10.25 screen. You can use either usb or wifi hotspot on your phone to activate it. Using on my note 9. YMMV. What I like about android auto is it will announce when you have a notification, which it can read to you. It will give you an option to reply and will also read out your reply. Also since android auto is running off your phone, it is using your phone data so no need for tethering. It is limited however to mainly music streaming, navigation (waze or gmaps), phone calls/ messages.

1. Download android auto on your phone.
2. Download the Headunit Reloaded Trial version to see if this will work first before you buy. Developer has included instruction there.
2. Once confirmed working, then buy it here Headunit Reloaded and install on your 10.25 screen. Delete the Trial version after.
The following users liked this post:
Gonzosax (09-14-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 07:29 PM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by LaggyP
I just installed mine, any suggestions on how to stop a buzzing noise coming through the speakers after the install?
Just wondering if you bought the ground loop isolator and if it worked for you?

I bought one, and made absoluetly no difference. Static is still there for me... And its quite frustrating..
Old 09-21-2018, 08:50 AM

B250 W246
Smile TorquePro works with OBDII WiFi!

Originally Posted by Gonzosax
+

Hi, I hawe installed the 10.25 Android Screen in my B250 W246 - but I'm not able to connect the TorquePro App to my OBDII device...
The OBDII are shown on the Android, but when looking for it in the TorquePro it do not exist???
You are referring to a program for UPDATE, but I can't get into the webside...
Anybody have a hint?
Kind Regards.
I have had the same kind of problem in my MB250, but have solved it, by using a BDOII WiFi - That one connect to the TorquePro automatically, and you have all your engine details on the 10,25 screen... :-)
Old 09-21-2018, 12:28 PM

I assume then that you are doing a direct wifi connect and as such can't also have a tethered wifi to internet connection. Or have you created a wifi network that multiple devices are connected to?

If direct, then I think most people will want to avoid that as they will want to be using that for tethering.

Its frustrating in that it is a blacklisting that the firmware has put in which they could remove quite easily. Have asked Chris if he can ask the supplier to remove the restriction, but not had any response from him on the matter at all. Its one of the things that may drive me to looking at rooting it, but want to avoid that if possible.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:05 PM

B250 W246
You are so right...

Originally Posted by 400ixl
I assume then that you are doing a direct wifi connect and as such can't also have a tethered wifi to internet connection. Or have you created a wifi network that multiple devices are connected to?

If direct, then I think most people will want to avoid that as they will want to be using that for tethering.

Its frustrating in that it is a blacklisting that the firmware has put in which they could remove quite easily. Have asked Chris if he can ask the supplier to remove the restriction, but not had any response from him on the matter at all. Its one of the things that may drive me to looking at rooting it, but want to avoid that if possible.

Yes You are so right, and I haven't found a way to have both thing available, the App and the internet... The engineer - from 10.25 android Screen - answer me back:
>>Hi Stefan, sorry that our HEAD UNIT neither support OBD nor 2 WiFi devices at same time<<
>>If our engineers can make a new version head unit, I will let you know. But at this moment, not have plan to develop new head units<<

They have to, otherwise it's just a... Gimmie!
Old 09-21-2018, 03:08 PM

They don't need to develop a new head unit, they just need to remove the restrictions of which bluetooth devices appear for pairing and then that way wifi is freed up for thethering.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:28 PM

B250 W246
Originally Posted by 400ixl
They don't need to develop a new head unit, they just need to remove the restrictions of which bluetooth devices appear for pairing and then that way wifi is freed up for thethering.
Thank You, and I have relayed that to them... Then we will see what happen...
Old 10-10-2018, 08:01 AM

2013 C63 P31
I'm in the middle of installing this in my 2013
How the F$@# do you fit the headunit back in?
I've spent a good hour shoving all the cables and connectors down but the #$@#$ still won't go back in
Plus the hazard light connector gets in the way also
I'm tempted to sit in the backseat and use my foot to push the @#$@#$ back in but something tells me I would instantly regret doing that

Old 10-10-2018, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
Originally Posted by filthy
I've spent a good hour shoving all the cables and connectors down but the #$@#$ still won't go back in
I'm tempted to sit in the backseat and use my foot to push the @#$@#$ back in but something tells me I would instantly regret doing that
HAHAHA!!! Everytime...The more you remove the easier it is..
Old 10-21-2018, 01:56 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2009 C350
1. If you're using the stock radio command, does it auto dim from day to night? I presume so.

2. There's no auto dim for day/night I presume. I'm concerned about brightness at night...

Thoughts?
Old 10-21-2018, 02:13 AM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
2011 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Nicholi2007
1. If you're using the stock radio command, does it auto dim from day to night? I presume so.

2. There's no auto dim for day/night I presume. I'm concerned about brightness at night...

Thoughts?
The newer version (Android 7.1) does dim at night. In-fact I have mine set to auto dim when the headlights are on, and works perfectly.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 c63
And I thought mine was a pain to get in correctly. At least there are a lot of you guys have the same unit so you can get advice and help from each other! I'm still happy I went my route, but it sure would have been nice to have help with getting it installed. I feel your pain, I thought about just tossing the unit several times in frustration while working on it.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:50 PM

2009 C300 4Matic Sport
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of buying this. However since I'm in there I'd like to attach a backup camera as well. Can anyone recommend a backup camera with nightvision and radar?
Old 10-24-2018, 07:04 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 c63
Originally Posted by DuckySaysQuack
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of buying this. However since I'm in there I'd like to attach a backup camera as well. Can anyone recommend a backup camera with nightvision and radar?
FWIW I used the wireless type and am having some transmission issues. I originally quick tapped it directly into the backup light 12V wire for both turn on and power. . I may change it to a relay triggered by the backup wire and powered off the rear fuse panel to see if the extra current helps out.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:22 AM

2010 C300
Android 10.25 Screen Unit for Cheaper Price!

Hello

Last edited by LaggyP; 10-24-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 E350
Originally Posted by filthy
I just fit the unit back into my 2014 E350 and it is difficult, scraped both my hands up trying to feed the wires. I noticed a few things:

1. if your large wire bundles hanging from the headunit in the back are all jumbled up, it helps to take the wires off and reconnect them so they are more streamlined.
2. the fiber optic cable is connected fairly close to one of the large cable bundles, so I pulled this back some to give the large bundle a little more leeway and movement. It kept on wanting to creep up since it was so closely taped to the fiber optic cable
3. the large square connector MUST be pushed below the headunit
4. try to push the larger cables as far under the airconditioning ducts as possible, so they can continue to slide further in.
5. at least in the 2014 model (and likely more recent models, absolutely no help taking out the glove box. I took it out on suggestion of one of the other members with an older model, but there is no room to access the back of the headunit from the side. Don't waste your time.

Hope this helps.

If you ended up wiring through the center console, remember to reattach the airconditioning controls before sliding back the headunit since there are two screws that need to go in to secure the controls that are only accessible with the headunit pulled out a little. I had to slide it back out after I realized this.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:15 PM

09 w204 c63, 08 G35 6mt Sedan
Question - looking at one of the no-name units identical to this on amazon, (so I can return it if it's garbage) however it says android 6 on it, the unit is branded AIMTOM. I see some people on ebay selling identical looking units saying 'android 6 flashed to 8' is that something you can do to your own unit from an sd card by getting an image somewhere? I've done android dev before and familiar with adb if that's needed. I've done custom roms on phones before usually involved rooting the device, unlocking bootloader, then some sequence of buttons on boot to load and flash an image from sd card. Haven't seen much discussion on this though or if anyone here has attempted it?

Also anyone get their hands on one of these 4gb ram/64 storage versions? I see lots of complaints about apps not having enough space sounds like it would make a big difference. The video
their english isn't too good in the comments but it sounds like its android 6 and they force installed some 8 stuff onto it to look like oreo. Plus the stats on their page are kind of funny like cpu cores: 64G heh 8 core in one place, quad core in another all over the place.

Last edited by rvanderwerf; 12-07-2018 at 07:57 PM. Reason: addl info
Old 12-08-2018, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
android 6 and with force installed 8 stuff is the only thing avalible.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 E350
Originally Posted by rvanderwerf
Question - looking at one of the no-name units identical to this on amazon, (so I can return it if it's garbage) however it says android 6 on it, the unit is branded AIMTOM. I see some people on ebay selling identical looking units saying 'android 6 flashed to 8' is that something you can do to your own unit from an sd card by getting an image somewhere? I've done android dev before and familiar with adb if that's needed. I've done custom roms on phones before usually involved rooting the device, unlocking bootloader, then some sequence of buttons on boot to load and flash an image from sd card. Haven't seen much discussion on this though or if anyone here has attempted it?

Also anyone get their hands on one of these 4gb ram/64 storage versions? I see lots of complaints about apps not having enough space sounds like it would make a big difference. The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJKfjUaOQzU their english isn't too good in the comments but it sounds like its android 6 and they force installed some 8 stuff onto it to look like oreo. Plus the stats on their page are kind of funny like cpu cores: 64G heh 8 core in one place, quad core in another all over the place.
I've been able to connect through ADB on the V1 unit, so I'm pretty sure you could do that on these units as well. I can see two problems with buying an android 6 and flashing a new ROM. 1. It may be difficult to get to the bootloader. I've seen a video of how to get to it since using a combination of screen swipes and buttons. 2. Finding a proper ROM. that's probably going to be the hardest part since they're not freely available.

Having said that, you may just want to ask if the vendor you're thinking of buying from has an updated unit. Most of these no-name vendors should have access to the updated units.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by kavik
And I thought mine was a pain to get in correctly. At least there are a lot of you guys have the same unit so you can get advice and help from each other! I'm still happy I went my route, but it sure would have been nice to have help with getting it installed. I feel your pain, I thought about just tossing the unit several times in frustration while working on it.

Who sells this unit!? I hate the exposed/bulging screen everyone else is using. I love this clean in dash look.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Android 10.25 Screen Unit