C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Android 10.25 Screen Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glc
Update software

Is there a way to update the OS on here to the latest 7.1 or 8?
Old 01-22-2019, 03:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes w205
Originally Posted by motomd
Is there a way to update the OS on here to the latest 7.1 or 8?
The only way that I can think of, apart from the manufacturer delivering a software update, is that somebody creates a ROM.

To create the ROM Somebody has to download the code from Google for the specific version and platform and merge it with the drivers for the screen. The question is if the libraries for the screen are compatible with the version of the libraries of the new Android version.

​To install the ROM access via root will be needed, that means there should be a way to install sbin/su on the system.

Once there is access via root, a custom recovery can be installed and then backups from the current software can be made (important). Afterwards, the ROM can be installed.

​​​​​​This is from my point of view a rough description of what would it take to upgrade the Android version, based on what is needed in a normal phone.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 4Matic Sport
Seriously considering doing this upgrade. Couple of questions:

1. How is the Bluetooth quality/functionality for phone calls? I have a 2010 C300 Sport and consistently tell me my voice quality over Bluetooth is pretty terrible.
2. Does 'Ok Google' work?
3. While I realize it's not a 'tablet' in the traditional sense, can you install any app on the Play store?

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C280 2008 PF
Question Screen sound volume and aux cord option

I saw the audio guide, but i have a question, on ntg 3 and 3.5 (Audio 20 only, no command, 2008 pre facelift version) does the audio work WITHOUT the aux cable?? I don't wanna pass a cable to my glovebox just to send it back, doesnt the quad plug has the pins to aux for normal use? I know on original unit i have to select audio source, but the plug should be on pins 12,13, and 6 of quad plug, does it work that way? I have other alternatives if i have to use the aux minijack on glovebox... Also isn't the audio too low? on phone/mp3 i have to put my unit on max volume to hear something, will it happen the same with the screen? Please any help and info would be apreciated...
Old 01-24-2019, 09:50 AM

C280 2008 PF
U can install several apps, but not recomended to fill the unit, ram issues may occur. The ok google idk yet :/
The following users liked this post:
72killerfish (01-24-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 11:09 PM

W204 2008 C300 4matic
Does anyone has the unit in Toronto, Canada? Could you show it in real life?
Old 02-06-2019, 05:50 AM

C63 AMG
I have a 2008 C63 (pre-facelift) with AUX in only (no bluetooth audio).
I bought the Android screen from DMP Car Design - Android 8.1, 2gb RAM 32gb and purchased the Carplay dongle.

I have a few observations/questions:

1. Build quality is great
2. I'm having a minor issue where the AC temp only report "HI" instead of the actual temperature I have set it to. The fan speed and vent location reports fine. Any ideas?
3. After some troubleshooting, I have audio going from the unit to my stereo without using the AUX input or the mini jack connector. Has anyone else noticed this? The longer story is I was troubleshooting poor audio quality coming from a ground loop isolator. I removed the isolator from the system and as I did this, I realized the audio continued without using the AUX mini jack output from screen to the car's input. The audio quality was immediately vastly improved and no engine noise. Not sure what connection the audio is going through, but I don't have Bluetooth audio in the car radio. Any thoughts? I'm super happy about it, but just curious.
4. My Carplay adapter only works when I initially plug the box in to the usb port. Otherwise, it say the adapter is not compatible. Any way to fix that?

My final thoughts: Although it's "only" a screen replacement, it's breathed new life into the ride. I love it.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:17 AM

C280 2008 PF
Exclamation 2008 C63 (pre-facelift) with AUX in only

Originally Posted by zyprexa
I have a 2008 C63 (pre-facelift) with AUX in only (no bluetooth audio).

2. I'm having a minor issue where the AC temp only report "HI" instead of the actual temperature I have set it to. The fan speed and vent location reports fine. Any ideas?
3. After some troubleshooting, I have audio going from the unit to my stereo without using the AUX input or the mini jack connector. Has anyone else noticed this? The longer story is I was troubleshooting poor audio quality coming from a ground loop isolator. I removed the isolator from the system and as I did this, I realized the audio continued without using the AUX mini jack output from screen to the car's input. The audio quality was immediately vastly improved and no engine noise. Not sure what connection the audio is going through, but I don't have Bluetooth audio in the car radio. Any thoughts? I'm super happy about it, but just curious.
4. My carplay adapter only works when I initially plug the box in to the usb port. Otherwise, it say the adapter is not compatible. Any way to fix that?
My final thoughts: Although it's "only" a screen replacement, it's breathed new life into the ride. I love it.
2. I'm having a minor issue where the AC temp.
++Reset the unit, if you can open it again, unplug the quad lock and plug it again, its a glitch on the communication..

3. After some troubleshooting, I have audio going from the unit to my stereo without using the AUX input or the mini jack connector.

++ Dude i have that question for so long!! What model of radio did you have? Audio 20? with just the 1st screen not movable? Or the folding one? or command? that only works in a very few models, I want to use it that way!! The audio can go through the quad lock, because the aux input is in 3 of those pins, that model has the pins right! You still have to leave the original unit on aux input tho, right? Just no need to use the jack plug on glovebox, is it? How did you solved the ground loop if i have the same issue??

4. My Carplay adapter only works when I initially plug the box in to the usb port. Otherwise, it say the adapter is not compatible. Any way to fix that?
I don't have car play, but it might just be a config error, again go to settings see if there's a crply menu and try to reset or try change some details...

Thanks a lot! Cheers!

Old 02-07-2019, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by sentralfyr
Hi
Nice writeup
I have almost the same screen as you but a newer version.
I also like the OBDII and Torque, but the screen cant find my OBDII.
As far i can understand you just downloaded the "bluetooth auto pair" and installet Torque?
Can you see the bluetoothconnection on the screen?
Could you please tell me exactly what you did?
My OBD2 needed a code to enter to the screen unit to pair it I think most of them do. But check with the manufacturer of your OBD2.
The btautopair app allowed me to preprogram the code in because by default, I couldn't get the screen to pop up the screen to enter the code. But even before I paired them the screen unit can still see the OBD2 in the bluetooth setting. So I'm not sure why your screen unit cannot see the OBD2 at all.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by rvanderwerf
So when it's all said and done was it worth it getting the 10.25 screen unit? Eyeballing the latest 4gb ram.64gb storage one. I'm wondering if the whole thing becomes 'meh' after the novelty wears off. I know my pfl 09 63 could use a tech upgrade!
I barely use it now to be honest.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:10 PM

C300 Sport 4matic

Originally Posted by angrybober
Does anyone has the unit in Toronto, Canada? Could you show it in real life?
i am from TO

Last edited by L Francis; 02-12-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:32 AM

2009 C300
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
When and if its done I will provide it to my customers. Just send me an email.
Is there a firmware available ?

Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 AM

2009 C300
I have owned the original Android from day one purchased back in April and now Iam getting this message storage is full. What can I uninstall ?

Old 02-16-2019, 10:34 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by miguelvrr
2. I'm having a minor issue where the AC temp.
++Reset the unit, if you can open it again, unplug the quad lock and plug it again, its a glitch on the communication..

3. After some troubleshooting, I have audio going from the unit to my stereo without using the AUX input or the mini jack connector.

++ Dude i have that question for so long!! What model of radio did you have? Audio 20? with just the 1st screen not movable? Or the folding one? or command? that only works in a very few models, I want to use it that way!! The audio can go through the quad lock, because the aux input is in 3 of those pins, that model has the pins right! You still have to leave the original unit on aux input tho, right? Just no need to use the jack plug on glovebox, is it? How did you solved the ground loop if i have the same issue??

I don't have car play, but it might just be a config error, again go to settings see if there's a crply menu and try to reset or try change some details...

Thanks a lot! Cheers!

I believe that I have the Comand NTG4.5 with 1 moveable screen. The sound quality is so much better than through the AUX input. Absolutely no engine noise, no ground loop isolator needed!

When I install the rear view camera, I will take apart the unit and hopefully reset the AC temp issue. I will keep you posted. Still have the CarPlay box error. Hoping there is some way to resolve this.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:20 AM
SSJ

Mercedes E200
Originally Posted by aznmode
I barely use it now to be honest.
What do you mean you barely use it?

If you use the car you automatically use the screen right? Even if its just for music or whatever.

I mean even if you don't use the extra features you'll still use it for the original features from factory such as radio and calling
Old 02-19-2019, 01:05 PM

C63 AMG
"BOX VERSION DOES NOT MATCH"

Has anyone found a solution to this problem when plugging in the CarPlay Adapter?

Old 02-19-2019, 01:12 PM

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Tectitgrau S210
that software is incredibly out of date. Version number shows 2017. The latest versions is 2019.1.18 I think
Old 02-19-2019, 01:58 PM

C63 AMG
Thanks for the quick reply.

How do I go about updating the software version? Is that the software version on the box or the android screen?

I have reached out to DMPAudio where I purchased it, but he has not been able to provide me with an update.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:17 PM

Tectitgrau S210
download link is on the box of the adapter. enter in the address from your head unit's web browser. download it and launch it.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:20 PM

Tectitgrau S210
Originally Posted by maxnrelax
I have owned the original Android from day one purchased back in April and now Iam getting this message storage is full. What can I uninstall ?

clear the cache of spotify or whatever music app your using. Whenever you listed to a song on a music app, a copy of that song gets stored on the device so that next time you listen to it the unit doesn't have to download it again. This all adds up quickly. If you clear the cache from settings, all of these get errased and you should get several hundreds of megs back.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:31 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Ungarisch
download link is on the box of the adapter. enter in the address from your head unit's web browser. download it and launch it.
I have a white CarPlay adapter box. There is no writing on it. Do you think it's still ok to use the above address to update?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2019, 02:38 PM

2009 C300
clear the cache of spotify or whatever music app your using. Whenever you listed to a song on a music app, a copy of that song gets stored on the device so that next time you listen to it the unit doesn't have to download it again. This all adds up quickly. If you clear the cache from settings, all of these get errased and you should get several hundreds of megs back.
I don't use any music app .
Old 02-19-2019, 02:51 PM

Tectitgrau S210
Originally Posted by zyprexa
I have a white CarPlay adapter box. There is no writing on it. Do you think it's still ok to use the above address to update?

Thanks!
by box I mean packaging, not the adapter itself, yes the adapter is white for me too. Nothing bad can happen if you download that app, so do it
Old 02-19-2019, 03:35 PM

C63 AMG
by box I mean packaging, not the adapter itself, yes the adapter is white for me too. Nothing bad can happen if you download that app, so do it
My actual box packaging is also white without any labeling or information on it.
On my android screen (android 8.1), I have a "CarPlay" icon that I press to get into CarPlay, not AutoPlayBox.

Still safe to upgrade that file? I should say that if I unplug the usb connection of the CarPlay dongle and the screen, and then plug it in, CarPlay works.

(sorry for being so cautious, there's just no documentation anywhere and worried that reverting to factory defaults may not be possible if I mess anything up!)
Old 02-19-2019, 03:43 PM

Tectitgrau S210
Once you install the AutoPlayBox the actual name of the app icon is called CarPlay, not Autoplay.

2 Scenarios can happen. If it's the same app then it gets updated and you will have the latest version, or if Autoplay is a completely different app then you will know as you will have 2 different apps in your app drawer, both called carplay.

Absolute worse case scenario if you completely mess up the unit, you can always just hold the reset pin on the side and go back to factory state.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Android 10.25 Screen Unit