C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C350 DYNAMIC HANDLING RETROFIT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 07:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 Mercedes C350 Coupe
C350 DYNAMIC HANDLING RETROFIT

Hey guys,

So as many of you may know, the dynamic handling package for the c350 (adjustable dampers, full manual "M" mode, additional sport mode button beside the heated seats) was a factory order only option, therefore very few C350 actually had it. Do you know if its possible to retrofit the package? I've asked my dealer, and they said they cannot do anything, not even program in the full "M" mode. I know that part is possible from this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...s-package.html

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 04-14-2018, 11:14 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
Corrugated gravel roads-FAIL

I ordered that option with the AMG package, as seen from Mercedes Internet site to assemble the options yourself. I printed that. Except one dealer the others told me that option cannot be done with the AMG package, even if website say its possible.I wanted this option because I believed it would have a soft ride, which turned out to be true(Dealer was not sure).
I chose that dealer, waited 7 months before car eventually arrived.
Experience:I Found the suspention option likeable on tar roads, but a complete failure on rough(corrugated)gravel roads, I mean at between 15-30Km/h it complately fails in all modes(C + S +M) so much so I did not see fit to go fater than 30Km/h. This was one type of experience.
The other type of experience was in Comfort mode(C) approuching a speed bump. Going over the speed bump slow, the suspension relaxes completely, it feels like all shocks failed to damp. Interesting, however if I increase speed a bit and take bump a bit faster it glydes over it as if it was not there, now the shocks feels good like it should and better. Now not all bumps you can approach at higher speed, some are bad and nasty in design, making your exhausts bump road at rear(Lower suspension).
In sport mode(S) I had no complaints with the speed bump.

Dealer: I reported this on various occations(The found no fault), and when the steering lock failed, I tackled this again(Long letter)-(Head office rep). They replaced a control unit. It basicly made no difference.

So do your research about this before you fork out a lot of money.

Last edited by Moto_Guzzi; 04-14-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 Mercedes C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Moto_Guzzi
I ordered that option with the AMG package, as seen from Mercedes Internet site to assemble the options yourself. I printed that. Except one dealer the others told me that option cannot be done with the AMG package, even if website say its possible.I wanted this option because I believed it would have a soft ride, which turned out to be true(Dealer was not sure).
I chose that dealer, waited 7 months before car eventually arrived.
Experience:I Found the suspention option likeable on tar roads, but a complete failure on rough(corrugated)gravel roads, I mean at between 15-30Km/h it complately fails in all modes(C + S +M) so much so I did not see fit to go fater than 30Km/h. This was one type of experience.
The other type of experience was in Comfort mode(C) approuching a speed bump. Going over the speed bump slow, the suspension relaxes completely, it feels like all shocks failed to damp. Interesting, however if I increase speed a bit and take bump a bit faster it glydes over it as if it was not there, now the shocks feels good like it should and better. Now not all bumps you can approach at higher speed, some are bad and nasty in design, making your exhausts bump road at rear(Lower suspension).
In sport mode(S) I had no complaints with the speed bump.

Dealer: I reported this on various occations(The found no fault), and when the steering lock failed, I tackled this again(Long letter)-(Head office rep). They replaced a control unit. It basicly made no difference.

So do your research about this before you fork out a lot of money.
Thanks for all the information. I hate how it was a special order and I didn't want to wait 6-8 months for it. I really regret it now since my stock suspension is too soft and the body roll is crazy. Do you have any idea on how to retrofit this option? Do you know anyone that has done it before?
Old 04-17-2018, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 548 Likes on 484 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
just add some coilovers and strut bars and youll be set.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2008 C350-Sport-AMG-Active Agility Pack + B170 2008+Mitsibishi+Mazda
My car is low riding and horizontal running on the road, not at a slant to the front as I see the others do, I am not a racer but did not detect body roll as noticible.
I saw the newer ones(2014+) with AMG package running at a slant, rear higher than the front.

I think my car's problem is the Monroe shocks themselves, which in my opinion was maybe perfect for the 1st 10 00Km about. The dealer refuse to replace shocks under gurantee unless they leak oil or jammed inside. Luckily its ok on tar roads. Out of 140 000Km the car only run not more that 5Km's on gravel road I know of. If I stayed on a farm this option would have been a disaster for me.

You say your stock suspention is soft, I find that strange because I was driving another one(without this option) while my car was for a service and it was firmer feeling(Noticed immediately) than my Comfort mode and slightly softer than sport mode, like the previous B-Class I owned.

I dont know anybody fitting this afterwards. I think theres software changes to gearbox & engine management too as well. Another problem may be wheel alignment on this one, settings not the same as others, so I bought a lot of front tyres untill a guy at private tyreshop corrected it.

Last edited by Moto_Guzzi; 04-18-2018 at 05:12 PM.