C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

10.25 screen issue. Original radio function not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes C350
10.25 screen issue. Original radio function not working

I have a 2008 C350 prefacelift with the multimedia 7" flip screen. I recently bought the 10.25" to replace my malfunctioning original. When finished, everything seemed fine, the bluetooth works, screens on, sound comming out good. then i checked out the video, the video plays but no sound comes out, then i tried the music, the musics playing but no sound again i tried others and no sound also. i pressed the radio button on my car command unit and it starting playing again. so it seems like i only get sound when im using my stereo but when i want to watch video from the screen it doesnt work. Also i was told that i would still have functions of the original radio comand options but im not getting it. my knob wheel is not operating and i cant get to the system screen of the original system. I followed all the steps in the video and im still having this issue. Help
Old 11-23-2018, 04:53 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
The AUX must be selected in order to hear sound.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:09 PM

W212
Im facing exactly the same problem , have you resolved it ?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2011 C300 Sport
I just installed one of these a few weeks ago. For the knob not working (assuming it did before) check the CAN BUS plugs (the A/B B/A things). Swap those around and see if things change. You should get the knob to work as well as the vehicle indicators (such as door open).

As for not hearing the sound, the stock radio has to be on AUX. On mine I did not have to plug into the 3.5m jack as it came thru the connector at the back of the radio.

Good luck.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:20 AM

W212
When i first istalled it i had sound from both the factory mode and the android mode , but few hours later i have sound only from the factory radio, and there is no sound in the things like BT , youtube or anything apart from factory radio .

And another problem that the screen in the gauge cluster keeps dimming since I installed it , any idea ?
Old 03-08-2019, 09:58 PM

2011 C300 Sport
If the audio was working and then stopped I would look for something coming disconnected (Quad Lock connector) or the Android output died or the MB input died. If you have a radio with a external input (old boom box or something similar) you should be able to plug the 3.5mm jack into it and see if the Android is putting out sound.. This would point to either the Android output or the MB input. I would also double check and make sure the Android volume didn't get turned all the way down.

I have no idea on the cluster thing. The CANBUS of the Android should only be a slave (listening to message traffic) and not command anything. If it is corrupting the CAN BUS then it could cause stuff to malfunction. There could also be a short in the wiring causing an issue. You may have to pull the Android out an see if the gauge display acts normally or not. Then start reconnecting things to see when it starts to happen again.

Electrical gremlins are a pain..

Any chance you can get some support from the seller?
Old 03-10-2019, 07:13 AM

W212
thanks for the reply .
the issue with the sound was that if I wanna use the screen on android mode I have to go first to the oem mode and press AUX , then I can hear the sound perfectly . but as far as I know that the screen should make auto switch , and not each time I have to put it on AUX in order to hear sound .
Old 03-10-2019, 10:41 AM

2011 C300 Sport
Glad you figured it out.. On the Latest version of these things (v2) there is a setting in the secret menu to set that up so it will change to AUX automatically. Basically you need to go in and tell the Android where in the MB menu system the AUX function is. Then it send the commands like you were pressing the buttons to get there.

On my version of the stock MB radio, There is no obvious way for this to work. I have the basic radio with CD player and I have to press the DISC button to bring up the AUX. I have seen other versions where you can get to AUX directly from a menu along the top of the screen. This seems to work better with the auto-switch to AUX function (i.e. 2 columns over and then 5 options down). It has a vertical and horizontal offset setting which is easily mistaken for moving the stock screen around, but that is not what it does :-(. I have not been able to get it to work on mine so I just hit the DISC button.

There is a youtube from Raymond on this and maybe will give you an idea on what you have to do.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:57 AM

W212
Oh this is exactly the thing , i tried to adjust the columns so the screen can “reach” the aux,but exactly as you said , the aux option is only reachable by pressing the DISC button.
I sent an email to raymond he is very helpful , we are still discussing regarding this issue.
I was wondering isnt it possibly to make a version update to the oem screen so the aux option will be visible ?