C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Squakey Drivers Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 08:46 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Car
Squakey Drivers Seat

Hi,

Any one got any ideas how to fix a creeky seat?

It seems when I lean back on the the back and push I get a creak, as i'm drinving and the force of my my weight changes, like braking or accelerating I get the creek.

I removed the seat but couldn't see any bolts to lubricate that connect the back of the seat to the base, I used grease and greased the track and ran the seat back and forth a few times, removed the 4 bolts that secure the seat and also greased those, and tightened them but still no improvement.

I can't seem to track it down, it seems its coming from the back side, possibly near the bottom?

Any ideas?
Old 02-22-2019, 02:31 PM

Car
Fixed this with WD-40, it was hard to track down but had to put the seat flat and pull the bottom/side cover over and carefully spray some joints.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 250 AMG Line, Premium Plus
If all that squeaks is the drivers seat, you should feel very lucky. Everything in mine squeaks. Seats, panoramic roof, LCD screen, centre console armrest, in fact most of the car. The build quality is absolutely awful in comparison to the 4 previous Audi cars I have owned. Mercedes just aren’t in the same ball park.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:57 PM

Car
My issue was that as I brake or accelerate the weight of my body changing directions would cause that seat to CREEAK! AGH!

my sun roof squeaked as well, I added grease and it didn’t help. I gave up and didn’t use it as much i opened it last week and there was no squeak... don’t know why that went away?

armrest does creak if I push on it but needs force.

I’ve never had an Audi but I’ve heard of mechanical horror stories with those too, I just got over the suspension creak and rattle a few months back which made me nuts and resulted in both bad front and rear shocks at just over 100k being replaced.