C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Memory seats retrofit questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 109 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic Sport Sedan
Memory seats retrofit questions

Hey i've seen a few threads rambling about this but im curious if anyone has done this?

I lent my trim tool kit to my friend so I cant pop off the door trim to see if they have the panel to connect the controls behind it.

I hope its like the paddle shifters mod all the stuffs there just buy the control and maybe just program it and buy a seat module and it might work?

has anyone dug deep into this? I only care to have it on the drivers side obviously lol
Old 07-09-2019, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 241 Posts
2016 S550, 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid
Interesting question ... assume you're thinking of the passenger seat? I bought and added right door-mounted seat switches and the wiring does plug into the electrical unit on the door, same as on the driver's side. However, these door switches do not function at all, so there is more to the story ...

I think the passenger seat has all required motors inside (but possibly not the one that moves the headrest up and down?), so what else might be needed is a controller unit of somekind to connect up the various motors. I haven't looked but suspect there is already a control unit of some kind in there behind the switches on the seat bottom side trim. So my guess is the memory control unit replaces this and with it, a blank side trim goes on with no switches.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Tom in Austin
Interesting question ... assume you're thinking of the passenger seat? I bought and added right door-mounted seat switches and the wiring does plug into the electrical unit on the door, same as on the driver's side. However, these door switches do not function at all, so there is more to the story ...

I think the passenger seat has all required motors inside (but possibly not the one that moves the headrest up and down?), so what else might be needed is a controller unit of somekind to connect up the various motors. I haven't looked but suspect there is already a control unit of some kind in there behind the switches on the seat bottom side trim. So my guess is the memory control unit replaces this and with it, a blank side trim goes on with no switches.

no i'd like to have it on the drivers seat like the picture, im curious if its just buying the switch and plug and play or do you need to have something programmed. i don't have my trim removal tools at the moment if anyone has them and can remove the one small piece of time that doesn't have the option, it would be cool to see if its already wired up.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250
I'd like to know, also. I don't have memory seats and want to add it.

Last edited by Schnauzer75; 04-14-2020 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bump anyone try this yet?