C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-09-2015, 04:43 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Anyone here remove the center console yet?

Old 11-04-2014, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C400 loaded
Anyone here remove the center console yet?

http://fuzdesigns.com/products/everdock-go

Planning on adding this in my car in the cup holder as I want my phone in sight not locked away. But I am a stickler for hiding wires so I want to route it under the cup holder and into the center console enclosure to plug it in. Just wondered if anyone here has an guidance on how to get it out without messing things up. I am fairly versed in how most cars are put together but not this one
Old 11-04-2014, 11:30 AM

G37x Coupe
Originally Posted by abstractls
http://fuzdesigns.com/products/everdock-go

Planning on adding this in my car in the cup holder as I want my phone in sight not locked away. But I am a stickler for hiding wires so I want to route it under the cup holder and into the center console enclosure to plug it in. Just wondered if anyone here has an guidance on how to get it out without messing things up. I am fairly versed in how most cars are put together but not this one
If you want the phone in sight, Proclip makes custom mounts for a lot of cars and models. This is what they're offering for the W205 so far. http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-..._leftorright=0

I have a similar placement in my G37 where the USB cable runs out of sight between the console and the front seat. Personally I prefer that look to the cup holder solution though Proclip mounts are not cheap.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:31 AM

2015 C400 loaded
eh I'm not a huge fan of those kinds of mounts. Looks like the old car mounts of the 90s
Old 11-04-2014, 10:29 PM

B200T
There's room between the screen and dials...not sure how visible it would be there with the steering wheel, though...I think that's the spot I'd be trying to get my phone in somehow. Perhaps with a Spiderpodium
Old 11-04-2014, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E300, 2019 CLS 450

Last edited by bluechappy; 11-05-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,060 Likes on 699 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
You must be kidding.......
Old 11-05-2014, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
OMG!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:20 AM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Old 11-05-2014, 10:10 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
I haven't taken delivery....why does the phone need to be in-sight...especially in a loaded C400? I thought that was the purpose of the infotainment center. Good luck finding a suitable mount....
Old 11-05-2014, 10:31 AM

2015 C400 loaded
Some apps I have I want to be able to access for music and can only be done on screen. If carplay were out it still would only solve part of the problem because not everything is carplay enabled yet. But i'm not mounting it on a dash, ewwww
Old 11-05-2014, 10:48 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
Originally Posted by abstractls
Some apps I have I want to be able to access for music and can only be done on screen. If carplay were out it still would only solve part of the problem because not everything is carplay enabled yet. But i'm not mounting it on a dash, ewwww
Makes sense...maybe they'll come up with a software update where you'll be able to access common internet streaming sites. I currently have a Kenwood that has Pandora, Aha, IHeart...so I see your dilemma. A good car audio shop might be able to integrate it seamlessly...mmm they might even be able to get your unit to mirror your phone screen...I'm just thinking out loud here...I would at least check that out. Good luck...keep us posted...
Old 11-05-2014, 10:57 AM

2015 C400 loaded
Yeah I'm sure once carplay is out iheart will work fine, but who knows how long until things like soundcloud or mixcloud become carplay enabled. I use to do car stereo installs for a high end shop many years ago, and trust me, on a new car its trial an error on how to take it apart. Sometimes seeing someone else go first has its advantages
Old 11-06-2014, 09:22 PM

B200T
Originally Posted by NYC-Style
I haven't taken delivery....why does the phone need to be in-sight...especially in a loaded C400? I thought that was the purpose of the infotainment center. Good luck finding a suitable mount....
It IS! But until MB gets Android Auto, I'm mounting the sucker! I don't want to use the MB navigation when I can get live traffic updates, reports of jams and cops, road hazards, etc. through Waze. I don't need to look at other things like Digitally-Imported (streaming music), or TuneIn I suppose, but good navigation is important for me.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:23 PM

B200T
Originally Posted by DBOC205
Golden!
Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by mihaelb
It IS! But until MB gets Android Auto, I'm mounting the sucker! I don't want to use the MB navigation when I can get live traffic updates, reports of jams and cops, road hazards, etc. through Waze. I don't need to look at other things like Digitally-Imported (streaming music), or TuneIn I suppose, but good navigation is important for me.

Are you insane? No phone based system is even close to the accuracy, quickness or functionality of a GPS hard drive system. The command system includes traffic and weather. BTW, Garmin is one of the best in the market when it comes to car based systems. Phone navi doesn't even work where there is no cell signal!
There's simply no comparison, period.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:21 PM

B200T
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Are you insane? No phone based system is even close to the accuracy, quickness or functionality of a GPS hard drive system. The command system includes traffic and weather. BTW, Garmin is one of the best in the market when it comes to car based systems. Phone navi doesn't even work where there is no cell signal!
Not sure about the accuracy (I don't think you're right, as the maps in the car get updated once a year). But Waze is pretty quick, and is a LOT more functional than any car-based system out there.
What car-based system out there gets reports on hazards on the road, side of the road, construction crew working on a pothole, traffic, cops with speed traps, accidents?
No argument that Garmin is one of the best for navigation, but there is a lot to say for input by users.

Yes, where there is no cell signal, most phone-based navs won't work. But no cell service has not been an issue for me in Canada. In Spain a few times in the Pyranees, but almost never in Canada, so my priorities are different. There is no comparison, period, as you say
Old 11-06-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C 300
Not sure I agree with your statement. Two major advantages to phone based navigation systems:

1. Updates are literally made daily, not yearly. And updates are always free!
2. Most importantly, voice recognition / search on phones is exponentially better than that on car systems. This point alone is why I can't wait for CarPlay.

Of course in car systems don't use cellular data which is great. Nice to have both options available depending on circumstances.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by mihaelb
Not sure about the accuracy (I don't think you're right, as the maps in the car get updated once a year). But Waze is pretty quick, and is a LOT more functional than any car-based system out there.
What car-based system out there gets reports on hazards on the road, side of the road, construction crew working on a pothole, traffic, cops with speed traps, accidents?
No argument that Garmin is one of the best for navigation, but there is a lot to say for input by users.

Yes, where there is no cell signal, most phone-based navs won't work. But no cell service has not been an issue for me in Canada. In Spain a few times in the Pyranees, but almost never in Canada, so my priorities are different. There is no comparison, period, as you say
All the systems which include traffic, basically every system in US for the last 6 years! Gee guys have you been living under rocks? The MB system even includes weather alerts! Guys Ive had navi systems since they were invented for cars, I can assure you, I only reach for my phone when there is no other remedy and every time I do, I'm sorry I had to! On my S2000 I use a Garmin that maybe a few years out of date since I don't upgrade it regularly. Even out date I prefer it to my phone by a mile!
Old 11-06-2014, 11:35 PM

B200T
All the systems which include traffic, basically every system in US for the last 6 years! Gee guys have you been living under rocks? The MB system even includes weather alerts! Guys Ive had navi systems since they were invented for cars, I can assure you, I only reach for my phone when there is no other remedy and every time I do, I'm sorry I had to! On my S2000 I use a Garmin that maybe a few years out of date since I don't upgrade it regularly. Even out date I prefer it to my phone by a mile!
Then maybe I'm behind on things (the last time I looked at a car navigation system was 3 or 4 years ago, in an E or S class, and felt VERY sad for anyone who had to use that over Google Nav-which has improved by a LOT since)?

My Garmin (standalone GPS) only gets traffic updates during certain hours of the day (admittedly covering the busiest hours). I want to know of traffic at night and middle of the day too, though, not just on my way to/from work. Lost 10 minutes are lost 10 minutes, no matter how you look at them.

You still didn't say what you think about being informed about hazards on the road and on the side, cops hiding, construction, accidents, etc., which car navigation systems just don't have. They just report traffic (during certain hours), and that's it.

I'm still not sure why you are so excited about weather alerts. I get them on my phone too (native as well as an app).

The only thing I prefer on my Garmin to Google Nav is multiple alternate routes (even when slower). Waze addresses this shortcoming as well.