MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   lowering, springs? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/568707-lowering-springs.html)

Khoat6 12-24-2014 02:37 AM

lowering, springs?

has anyone lowered their w205 with springs or coil overs yet? ive seen some from h&r and vogtland. any suggestions? and would this void my warranty? please post pics if you have thanks!

floridadriver 12-24-2014 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Khoat6 (Post 6272929)
has anyone lowered their w205 with springs or coil overs yet? ive seen some from h&r and vogtland. any suggestions? and would this void my warranty? please post pics if you have thanks!

Vic Viper on the board is a wealth of information for this and lowered airmatic. There's already some aftermarket parts available specific to the W205.

I've lowered another car in the past, and returned it to stock before taking it in for warranty work (not related to suspension) just in case. I doubt they would call you on a change, unless that modification was in any way related to your warranty issue...but YMMV.

Capt Slo 12-30-2014 05:23 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e5e4039a87.jpg

I'm definitely going to lower my car with a set of springs. The Vogtlands can be had for about $230 shipped from an ebay seller. I found this sweet photo of a car with H&R springs but H&R's website doesn't list the W205.

Forum sponsor, 3W Distributing was recently advertising that they'll have springs available from Brabus in mid-January. I'm guessing they'll be significantly more expensive but we'll have to wait and see.

xcalibur 12-30-2014 10:01 PM

Capt Slo, that's actually the picture of my car straight after the AMG wheels and spring installation. Haven't had the opportunity to take any pics of my own as we're experiencing monsoon rains for the past 2-3 weeks straight.

Anyway, H&R and Eibach do list their applications online. Try going to the German website - for H&R this is it. Look at the middle right side of the page under "PARTS CATALOGUE" and you'll be able to find the application for W205 including part numbers.

In Malaysia, all current deliveries of C250s come in Exclusive trim guise only, hence the traditional grill. We can't individually spec the car like in the US/UK/etc.. and you buy as it is spec'ed by Mercedes Malaysia.

With the H&R springs, it's now a 1 finger gap all around thanks to the 45mm & 35mm drop (FA & RA) from the standard setup - just need to be more careful with our road conditions but it looks fantastic over the original 4 finger gap! I'll be swapping the standard shocks to Bilstein's B8 or B16 once they are available, which should be in a couple months time.

Eibach lists a 35mm (FA & RA) drop so you can consider those as well.

Together with the 19" AMG wheels setup, handling is significantly improved - hardly any body roll now. Only thing is I may need to re-level the headlamps since my illumination distance is shorter now I think - probably get it done once the shocks are installed.

Vic Viper if you're reading this, did you have to re-level your headlamps after you lowered your car with lowering links? I have the LED High Performance system and although it features an auto-leveling function, I'm guessing it works off the standard height instead of the current lowered height?

Capt Slo 12-31-2014 12:34 PM

Your car looks excellent! If it looked that good from the factory I would've purchased a Luxury model (I prefer the traditional grille vs the sport grille)

Thank you for the informative post, I'll do a bit more research before moving forward.

BlackjackM 12-31-2014 08:36 PM

Wow talk about a true mini S Class!

xcalibur 12-31-2014 09:47 PM

Thank you for the compliment Capt Slo! The luxury grill on the W205 is better proportioned compared to its predecessors and the sportier design of the standard front bumper does give this combo some punch. That said, I still prefer the sport grille better yet the AMG kit if given the choice :p I'll be happy to help answer any questions you have if I can :)

I actually paid a visit to the dealers to have my headlamps re-levelled - it was off just a few degrees and fixed in 10 mins. So happened they worked on it next to the W222 and like BlackjackM said, dang it's really the smaller twin brother haha!

Capt Slo 01-02-2015 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by xcalibur (Post 6278797)
Capt Slo, that's actually the picture of my car straight after the AMG wheels and spring installation. Haven't had the opportunity to take any pics of my own as we're experiencing monsoon rains for the past 2-3 weeks straight.

Anyway, H&R and Eibach do list their applications online. Try going to the German website - for H&R this is it. Look at the middle right side of the page under "PARTS CATALOGUE" and you'll be able to find the application for W205 including part numbers.

I searched the H&R website you linked to and lists availability for 2WD cars only...I wonder what the difference in springs is between 2WD and 4M versions?

xcalibur 01-03-2015 08:13 AM

Capt Slo, you are correct. Both H&R and Eibach list applications for C200 & C250 petrol and diesel variants at the moment. I'm not sure if the springs can be applied to C300/C400 and/or 4M models. Best to enquire with the respective manufacturers.. They may be in development.

For example, according to Bilstein's website, they are preparing shocks and coilovers for the C200/250 but nothing for other petrol models yet.

It is possible applications are being prepared for the standard steel suspensions without electronic controls first.

Capt Slo 02-13-2015 05:48 PM

I hopped on 3WD's group buy last month to get a set of the Brabus springs but was just recently told they're not compatible with 4M cars. :(

vic300 02-18-2015 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Capt Slo (Post 6278541)

Originally Posted by xcalibur (Post 6278797)
Capt Slo, that's actually the picture of my car straight after the AMG wheels and spring installation.

:boink::boink::boink: wow makes the luxury model look amazing

Capt Slo 03-03-2015 06:44 PM

I purchased a set of the Vogtland's a couple of weeks ago and tried to have them installed last weekend but the shop I used said they couldn't remove the rear springs with the spring compressor they have. I know there haven't been many people on here yet that have tried to swap springs but has anyone had this issue?

I've reached out to the dealer I bought the car from to see if I could rent their tool for a day but haven't heard back yet.

V12toHybrid 03-09-2015 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Capt Slo (Post 6351262)
I purchased a set of the Vogtland's a couple of weeks ago and tried to have them installed last weekend but the shop I used said they couldn't remove the rear springs with the spring compressor they have. I know there haven't been many people on here yet that have tried to swap springs but has anyone had this issue?

I've reached out to the dealer I bought the car from to see if I could rent their tool for a day but haven't heard back yet.

updates? what is the problem? I thought about diy but if the shop is having problem........

Capt Slo 03-09-2015 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by V12toHybrid (Post 6357773)
updates? what is the problem? I thought about diy but if the shop is having problem........

Yeah, I looked underneath the car while it was in the air and couldn't understand what the problem was...something about the way the rear springs have to be removed wasn't compatible with their compressor. I've been told they were buying one this week so I could have the swap done on Saturday. I'm supposed to have portions of the car blacked out and the rear roof spoiler installed on Wednesday, I'll post pics when everything is complete.

bguybrad 03-09-2015 10:07 PM

springs and spoiler

i just got my vogtland springs today. waiting on m spoiler. am considering getting an illuminated star as well. once i get all the parts i'll make the apt to get the work done.

let me know how the vogtland springs work out. thx

FondmetalC300 05-06-2015 03:00 AM

Lowered 1.2" on H&R by 168 Motoring

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Khoat6 (Post 6272929)

I got my 2015 c300 lowered 1.2" inch with H&R springs. It looks great and handles so much better. I could not be happier. The ride is still smooth and quite, definitely worth it. Next, Fondmetal STC-10 wheels... Install done by 168 Motoring in Torrance, CA.
Attachment 309172

V12toHybrid 05-06-2015 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by FondmetalC300 (Post 6423764)
I got my 2015 c300 lowered 1.2" inch with H&R springs. It looks great and handles so much better. I could not be happier. The ride is still smooth and quite, definitely worth it. Next, Fondmetal STC-10 wheels... Install done by 168 Motoring in Torrance, CA.
Attachment 309172

looks great!!!

Khoat6 05-06-2015 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by FondmetalC300 (Post 6423764)
Attachment 309172

Where did u get the h&r springs? I haven't seen any applications for the 4matic. I have seen vogtland springs for the 4matic, but heard they are quite stiff. Are the h&r springs stiff? How much did 168 motoring charge for the drop? I also live in SoCal. Thanks

FondmetalC300 05-06-2015 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Khoat6 (Post 6424088)
Where did u get the h&r springs? I haven't seen any applications for the 4matic. I have seen vogtland springs for the 4matic, but heard they are quite stiff. Are the h&r springs stiff? How much did 168 motoring charge for the drop? I also live in SoCal. Thanks

My C300 is the rear wheel drive. Hows the 4matic? I hear good things?
You can email Kevin@168Motoring.com for any pricing. Their number is 310-618-0888. They have really good customer service. They did work for both Fondmetal's SEMA vehicles last year an Audi R8 and 458.

FondmetalC300 05-06-2015 11:08 PM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...14268c209d.jpg

H&R springs lowered 1.2"

angeloxnet 05-07-2015 12:46 AM

i know it's been said many times before,
but damn i can honestly say scrolling i thought it was an S class.

FondmetalC300 05-09-2015 05:50 PM

I got my calipers painted red with ceramic paint by Hydrix Customs in Anaheim, CA. They specialize in hydro dipping: auto interiors, wheels, guns, etc... Brian the owner and operator hooked it up for me. www.hydrixcustoms.com

Hydrix Customs
Telephone: (714) 299-8259
Email: info@hydrixcustoms.com

Next week final layer. Stay tuned...

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...970188c4fa.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...36faec38ae.jpg

MASSC450 05-10-2015 12:10 PM

After seeing all the pictures of how awesome the C300/C400 looks when lowered with aftermarket springs, all I can see now is the money Mercedes is leaving on the table by NOT offering some sort of additional lowering option for it's customers.

:nix:

BruinJ26 05-16-2015 12:35 AM

I had 168 Motoring in Torrance install the H&R lowering springs on my W205 RWD. I'm loving the result. About a 1-finger gap now. I echo everything FondmetalC300 was happy about.

Next up, wheels!

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...839ae9c8e2.jpg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...861cf6797d.png

Taken by Kevin at 168

FondmetalC300 05-16-2015 01:51 AM

Very nice BruinJ26. Handles so much better than stock. Wait til it settles in and you'll love it even more.