C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Modified W205s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by vic viper
lol, I'm very familiar with thermal expansion. Typically a round tube would extend in diameter (and minimally at that). Do you typically see exhaust tips be flush with the bumper when cold and 2" past it when hot.

Doesn't happen.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B200T
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
so what you're saying is that the exhaust system expands 2 inches in length?

Do you have any factual support for this frankly ludicrous statement?

Also, all the whining over the kids stupid badge? Really? Who cares? Its not your car, and its not like he's claiming its a C63, so whats the big deal.

heritage and craftsmanship???? give me a freaking break.
Waitwaitwait! I can put a C63 badge on my C200 Bluetec??
Old 01-19-2015, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by mihaelb
Waitwaitwait! I can put a C63 badge on my C200 Bluetec??
You could put an SL Black series badge on it for all I care.

If I saw a 63 badge on your 200, i'd say "lol, thats not a c63" and then go on with my day. Anybody who spends any more time on it than that is a loser.
The following users liked this post:
kanji0513 (09-04-2018)
Old 01-19-2015, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
lol, I'm very familiar with thermal expansion. Typically a round tube would extend in diameter (and minimally at that). Do you typically see exhaust tips be flush with the bumper when cold and 2" past it when hot.

Doesn't happen.

First of all I said up to 50mm.s and second, yes, I have seen this many times, typically more often in vehicles with straight exhausts with fewer silencers, the driftcar I built a few years ago was extreme in this regard.

If you are under the impression that welded exhaust tips could be bumper fitted without problems, fine, try it out yourself.
Mercedes and I know better.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:28 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
You could put an SL Black series badge on it for all I care.

If I saw a 63 badge on your 200, i'd say "lol, thats not a c63" and then go on with my day. Anybody who spends any more time on it than that is a loser.

Exactly what I thought and expected when I put on the AMG badge. I guess there are a lot of people who don't have a life. I came here to share my pics because I'm excited with my new car, just like everyone here. It is supposed to be like a community where people would have different tastes and preferences. You don't have to like it, but you don't have to be that mean.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
First of all I said up to 50mm.s and second, yes, I have seen this many times, typically more often in vehicles with straight exhausts with fewer silencers, the driftcar I built a few years ago was extreme in this regard.

If you are under the impression that welded exhaust tips could be bumper fitted without problems, fine, try it out yourself.
ha, ok.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by huyuci
Thank you ! I was starting to think that everyone on this board is an insane fanatic who's going to make this forum an AMG caliphate. I mean, I get called "scum of the earth" for putting a stupid badge on my trunk? Not that I give a crap what they call me, but don't you see how ridiculous that is?

So, get off my NUTS. It's making me uncomfortable
Just for the record, no one called you "scum of the earth"

Originally Posted by Tjdehya
If you run into a car enthusiast in real life they will likely ridicule you on the spot and look at you as someone who is less than the scum of the earth.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
Damn...all of this over a badge? We know when its a real amg and when it isnt...isnt that enough?

Im not saying lets hold hands and sing songs...but jeez
Old 01-19-2015, 10:28 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by p30amg08
Damn...all of this over a badge? We know when its a real amg and when it isnt...isnt that enough?
Nope.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by Mark's M
Nope.
Jeez, this starting to get on my ****, a bit, now.

Look, the guy wanted to put a badge on his car, he likes it - so what!

About time we all put the Teddy Bears back in the pram, and concentrate on people's effort to mod their cars a little.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:06 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by jolt8631
About time we all put the Teddy Bears back in the pram, and concentrate on people's effort to mod their cars a little.

Believe me, I agree with you 100%. I have added mods to EVERY car that I've owned, mostly performance oriented, some cosmetic. In terms of cosmetics, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I'm afraid that I (and others) found these particular additions offensive. Not earth shattering, end of the world offensive. Just offensive. But that's me...I own what I can afford and am proud of it. I don't have to play with numbers and letters to turn my vehicles into things they are not.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Guys, go easy on Huyuci; I have worked in this business for 25 years back when AMG was an independent tuner, I have worked for companies that imported AMG before Mercedes, and I have worked for Lorinser, Brabus, and Carlsson and over the years I have seen many posers and wanta Be's and you gotta give this guy a break, if he wants the AMG on his car and he has AMG branded parts, then he has every right to promote the AMG brand on his car. Now if it said C63s on the right side, then that would be a reason to heckle him a bit, but the fact is that he has a car that is heavily dressed with AMG, so run the badge and enjoy your great looking car!

For all of you that feel the need to promote any of the brands based on them having the engine power, I appreciate your passion! I can tell you that there are many members on this site new and old that used to buy Moven (Brabus wheel copies) and would contact us at Brabus to buy a $110.00 badge to go with their copy wheels, or many would just want the badge because the Brabus name was always a name that people would pose to make everyone think they had a big horsepower engine in their MB!
We always badge a car with the cosmetic packages, and anything related to performance or engine mods will have an additional designation. Any of the performance upgrades always include those designations.

If you do some body parts, wheels and you want to promote a tuning brand by having those genuine parts and a badge, well I thank you for your support!

:-)
The following users liked this post:
kanji0513 (09-04-2018)
Old 01-20-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Jeez, this starting to get on my ****, a bit, now.

That is freaking hilarious. Are you a woman or this a British saying?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by Mark's M
Believe me, I agree with you 100%. I have added mods to EVERY car that I've owned, mostly performance oriented, some cosmetic. In terms of cosmetics, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I'm afraid that I (and others) found these particular additions offensive. Not earth shattering, end of the world offensive. Just offensive. But that's me...I own what I can afford and am proud of it. I don't have to play with numbers and letters to turn my vehicles into things they are not.
I find your comment that you found my car offensive offensive. But that's me.
I don't always buy what I can afford, and if I can play with anything to make my car look better the way I want, I go to town.

Last edited by huyuci; 01-20-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Just thought we'd share a C300 equipped with our spoiler...just to calm things down a little

Old 01-21-2015, 02:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by coladin
That is freaking hilarious. Are you a woman or this a British saying?
Sorry - should've included a translation..... It's a very British saying - you know, the sort of thing the Queen says when her Butler forgets to warm the Teapot....
Old 01-21-2015, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Sorry - should've included a translation..... It's a very British saying - you know, the sort of thing the Queen says when her Butler forgets to warm the Teapot....

--

VFR Tuning, that spoiler looks great! Thats CF right?
Old 01-21-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350

I love it! I am going to try it out next chance I get!
Old 01-21-2015, 01:01 PM

S205

Lol... Two inch expansion lenghtwise will never happend on a car. Not even on a straight unrectricted exhaust with occasional unspent fumes detonation. You would need about 30 meters of piping to get to two inches thermal expansion.

It is not even relevant to this discussion you just bring it up because you are upset once again.

The AMG exhaust is fake, becuse it is not a proper in-bumper-integrated-exhaust like this one:
Old 01-21-2015, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Originally Posted by Eilers
Lol... Two inch expansion lenghtwise will never happend on a car. Not even on a straight unrectricted exhaust with occasional unspent fumes detonation. You would need about 30 meters of piping to get to two inches thermal expansion.

It is not even relevant to this discussion you just bring it up because you are upset once again.

The AMG exhaust is fake, becuse it is not a proper in-bumper-integrated-exhaust like this one:

And again ranting about with your ignorance,
I have worked with cars for over 20 years, 15 of wich dedicated to Mercedes, I have from stock built a 600+ hp car, and yes I have seen the extreme thermal expansion, I dont search internet for info as you do, I try stuff out for myself.

Again, please explain why the Mercedes exhaust is "fake" ?
The exhaust gasses exit the tips as well as sound as I explained before just like any other car,
and look at the Picture above, there is almost an inch clearence around the tips, I find Mercedes solution much cleaner and better looking, and certainly not "fake".
Old 01-21-2015, 02:33 PM

S205
And again ranting about with your ignorance,
I have worked with cars for over 20 years, 15 of wich dedicated to Mercedes, I have from stock built a 600+ hp car, and yes I have seen the extreme thermal expansion, I dont search internet for info as you do, I try stuff out for myself.

Again, please explain why the Mercedes exhaust is "fake" ?
The exhaust gasses exit the tips as well as sound as I explained before just like any other car,
and look at the Picture above, there is almost an inch clearence around the tips, I find Mercedes solution much cleaner and better looking, and certainly not "fake".
You do not know anything about me, or what i have experience from.

Talking about a 50mm thermal expansion on the exhaust system of a modern road car, and then sticking to it, shows you are either total ignorant on the subject, or just agumentative to the point of being embarrasing.

You do not get the point about fake end exhausts vs real end exhausts, because you choose not to, so stop wasting our time.

By the way i am so not surprised to hear that you would be the type that is into drifting....you fit the asociated stereotypes to a tee.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Originally Posted by Eilers
You do not know anything about me, or what i have experience from.

Talking about a 50mm thermal expansion on the exhaust system of a modern road car, and then sticking to it, shows you are either total ignorant on the subject, or just agumentative to the point of being embarrasing.

You do not get the point about fake end exhausts vs real end exhausts, because you choose not to, so stop wasting our time.

By the way i am so not surprised to hear that you would be the type that is into drifting....you fit the asociated stereotypes to a tee.

The only one sticking to 50mm.s is you, I said up to as an extreme example, as I recall it was you criticising me for measuring your words with a ruler?
But I guess this is the only argument you can keep going with as you cannot answer the simple question I have asked several times now, why is the bumper mounted exhaust tips fake?

Well it figures that you were a man of prejudice, I bet you are searching the web as we speak looking for dirt in the same way you tried to tip your arguments against Glyn to your favour.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma

--

VFR Tuning, that spoiler looks great! Thats CF right?
Yes it is pure carbon fiber. Thank you!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:38 PM

'13 C350, '13 GLK250
Originally Posted by VFR Tuning
Yes it is pure carbon fiber. Thank you!
It looks excellent btw, more aggressive than the OEM unit but not too much. Would look great painted body colour as per your question in the other thread. I suspect many more C owners would opt for the painted vs CF version - lots on here seem fairly conservative with mods IMO.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:04 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
Guys come on. Lets just see more pics of cool cars and mods!

The world is fillled with hate everywhere. Everyone go get laid n then come back to ypur computers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modified W205s