C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Any Guess on when C450 orders open up? Price?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 BMW X5
Originally Posted by DanielSL
Originally, as a tuner, AMG would not let you get an AMG badge unless you had three separate items from the catalog on your car.
Not only were they a tuner, they were a boutique builder. Everything was custom, by the customers wishes, and a-la-carte.

My 87' 560 SEC AMG came from AMG Fort Lauderdale, NOT Affalterbach. It does not have an AMG tuned engine. Not a 4-cam. Not a 6.0 stroker. No engine tuning at all...

And you know what, you AMG Snob trifling Bi-Atch **** owners: My car is More of an AMG than yours will ever be.

Because mine was built when AMG was still AMG GmbH. Not a watered down, teeth pulled, nails clipped AMG Owned by Mercedes, because Mercedes saw a way of increasing profits, and not losing sales to the grey market.

My car came equipped with the following:

AMG Headers / down-pipes
AMG full exhaust
AMG full body-kit
AMG rear decklid rear wing
AMG shocks
AMG springs
AMG differential, with LSD and R/P
AMG wheels
AMG steering wheel

Oh yeah, and an AMG Fort Lauderdale applied AMG trunk badge.

As it had more than 3 items out of the catalog, by AMG Affalterbachs Own rules.

AMG Fort Lauderdale was as much of an AMG shop, as BHMA or AMG Westmont.
well, it looks like the c450 qualifies as a TRUE AMG by the original wishes and intents of the AMG founders.

guess the marketing guys were right after all!

Last edited by synaptik; 02-11-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by DanielSL
How did so many ****-holes come to own Mercedes lately? I mean, really; you AMG snobs claim to know the history, and then belittle other MB owners that want to have something that stands apart from the standard MB offerings.

Idiots! ****-Holes! Pay attention.

Originally, as a tuner, AMG would not let you get an AMG badge unless you had three separate items from the catalog on your car.
Not only were they a tuner, they were a boutique builder. Everything was custom, by the customers wishes, and a-la-carte.

My 87' 560 SEC AMG came from AMG Fort Lauderdale, NOT Affalterbach. It does not have an AMG tuned engine. Not a 4-cam. Not a 6.0 stroker. No engine tuning at all...

And you know what, you AMG Snob trifling Bi-Atch **** owners: My car is More of an AMG than yours will ever be.

Because mine was built when AMG was still AMG GmbH. Not a watered down, teeth pulled, nails clipped AMG Owned by Mercedes, because Mercedes saw a way of increasing profits, and not losing sales to the grey market.

My car came equipped with the following:

AMG Headers / down-pipes
AMG full exhaust
AMG full body-kit
AMG rear decklid rear wing
AMG shocks
AMG springs
AMG differential, with LSD and R/P
AMG wheels
AMG steering wheel

Oh yeah, and an AMG Fort Lauderdale applied AMG trunk badge.

As it had more than 3 items out of the catalog, by AMG Affalterbachs Own rules.

AMG Fort Lauderdale was as much of an AMG shop, as BHMA or AMG Westmont.

I also have a W220 S600 which came from the factory with an applied ///AMG badge, even though it only had an AMG body kit, sport suspension, and wheels.

My W209 CLK500 has a factory installed AMG bodykit, and AMG wheels (All CLK 500's in NA came that way), and no ///AMG badge.

My W220 S55 ///AMG has a badge, but is a True MB owned AMG. Same with my R230 SL55.

In the end, I regard the W126 the truest, real AMG car, because thats when AMG was owned by the founders still.
Now for your history lesson

Your 560 SEC did not come with AMG wheels, it came with ATS wheels or Ronal wheels. Your car did not come with AMG suspension it came with bilstein struts or a crappy air ride system....shall I keep going? I grew up in Hinsdale, IL less than two miles from AMG Westmont. AMG Westmont is now called MB of Westmont and owned by the same owner that owns MB of Naperville where I purchase all my Mercedes. The body shop that painted every AMG built at AMG Westmont is now located in Naperville, IL the city I now live in, they work on my AMGs and I was pointed in the direction of large a stock pile of old, original unpainted AMG body panels, bumpers and rear decklids and bought them all. The first 560SEC built by AMG Westmont in the early 80s was owned by a neighbor when I was just a kid. My AMG experiences go back to the early or mid 80's.

Just becuase you're some old timer don't assume that the younger crowd is clueless.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:37 PM

E90 335i
Originally Posted by jrcart
Now for your history lesson

Your 560 SEC did not come with AMG wheels, it came with ATS wheels or Ronal wheels. Your car did not come with AMG suspension it came with bilstein struts or a crappy air ride system....shall I keep going? I grew up in Hinsdale, IL less than two miles from AMG Westmont. AMG Westmont is now called MB of Westmont and owned by the same owner that owns MB of Naperville where I purchase all my Mercedes. The body shop that painted every AMG built at AMG Westmont is now located in Naperville, IL the city I now live in, they work on my AMGs and I was pointed in the direction of large a stock pile of old, original unpainted AMG body panels, bumpers and rear decklids and bought them all. The first 560SEC built by AMG Westmont in the early 80s was owned by a neighbor when I was just a kid. My AMG experiences go back to the early or mid 80's.

Just becuase you're some old timer don't assume that the younger crowd is clueless.
Pretty sure you are missing the point.... Your cars are cool man. You can relax, nobody is going to confuse a C450 with your 1200 HP Weistec Black series....

Have you looked at the C450? It doesn't even have an AMG badge on the back...

And BTW if your cars are all Weistec'd out anyways why do you care so deeply about AMG? Weistec is playing the role for you that AMG was originally made for so you should strip the AMG badges and put Weistec badges on, then ain't nobody gonna mistake your status. Now relax.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by bwoodbmw
Pretty sure you are missing the point.... Your cars are cool man. You can relax, nobody is going to confuse a C450 with your 1200 HP Weistec Black series....

Have you looked at the C450? It doesn't even have an AMG badge on the back...

And BTW if your cars are all Weistec'd out anyways why do you care so deeply about AMG? Weistec is playing the role for you that AMG was originally made for so you should strip the AMG badges and put Weistec badges on, then ain't nobody gonna mistake your status. Now relax.
Actually my AMG's are all Black Series and those are for the most part built by HWA, but that's will put this discussion way WAY over your head so I will keep things on a level that you and the other fake AMG owners will understand and keep HWA out of the conversation.

Last edited by jrcart; 02-11-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 AMG
I drive a CLK63 AMG. She just turned 21,000 miles. A few may say my ownership in itself is not sufficient to consider me a worthy AMG owner. I don't drive the car to its potential, it is only my first AMG, and I bought it used. I could not have afforded the $110,000 that it cost in 2008.

My point is that AMG already builds products that can be obtained by members of classes other than the elite drivers who possess the means to own the world's finest things.

I'm moved to recall my grandfather's departure from the St Croix Yacht Club. He was voted out of office by his fellow club members because he proposed that members of the exclusive group should own a boat.

People own and love their AMGs for many varied reasons.

Building a model or models that become affordable to a vast segment of the market once excluded can be devastating to those owners who bought their AMGs to have a brand others cannot afford.

To sacrifice performance elements in an effort to make the product affordable, while not changing the brand associated with earlier uncompromising iterations, serves to change the brand.

It is my opinion that only the insecure or egotistical will suffer however. As surely as the newer cars will have different performance aspects, their price will expand the market. The purists, however, will always know the difference. They don't buy because of a badge, they buy because they know themselves and they know what they like.

The 70's film Gumball Rally offered a toast "to internal combustion and wind in the face." No matter what AMG produces, it does not, in any way, diminish what they have built to date...it just changes the way a few look at it.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Actually my AMG's are all Black Series and those are for the most part built by HWA, but that's will put this discussion way WAY over your head so I will keep things on a level that you and the other fake AMG owners will understand and keep HWA out of the conversation.
Dude... why are you trying so hard? Nobody here really gives a damn about your AMGs. Remember, there's 1 letter different between crass and class.

Last edited by MDMercedesGuy; 02-11-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by Redcab
It is my opinion that only the insecure or egotistical will suffer however.
Hammer meets nail.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:13 PM

C450 (pre-ordered Jan 14)
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
Dude... why are you trying so hard? Nobody here really gives a damn about your AMGs. Remember, there's 1 letter different between crass and class.
Halleluiah! No doubt Jrcart inherited his money. No one who came by it the hard way would behave like him.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:48 PM

'07 CLK 63 AMG

Last edited by BeachDoc; 02-11-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:09 AM

CLA 250
Originally Posted by Dabo
Halleluiah! No doubt Jrcart inherited his money. No one who came by it the hard way would behave like him.

Last edited by dreamerak; 02-12-2015 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:45 AM

2010 BMW X5
that's a cool story bro, you can tell it in the private lounge where the rest of your circlejerkers will give you a pat on the back.

no one here cares.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:50 AM

E250 CGI Sportwagon, SLK350, C350 cdi sport
Ok, after reading many posts regarding the 'AMG' issue, please let me have an opinion on this.

First and foremost I consider myself a Mercedes owner, yes I aspire to own an AMG but for the time being I will stick with what I have got.

My daily driver is an E250 CGI with the AMG styling pack, I have no AMG badges placed on the car apart from the dealer fitted interior mats and the cast in AMG symbols on the alloys.

I have no intention of having my car perceived as an AMG and I have no delusions of thinking it as an AMG, plain and simple, I prefer a more sporty look, I couldn't care less if it didn't have any AMG branding or even if the model name was just 'sport'.

It's not our fault Mercedes never made the true AMG look totally different from the AMG sport styled models.

There is no need for snobbery from the true AMG crowd, you all have amazing pieces of engineering, the engines alone speak for themselves.

I do believe that only a minority of Mercedes owners get AMG badging put on their vehicles, usually along with debadging of the C220 or E250 etc.

My wifes SLK350 has no AMG anything on it and that is the way it will stay as after all it isn't an AMG, although I am pretty sure that in the near future there will be an SLK55 sat on my driveway and possibly an E63, but I will not frown upon owners of 'AMG styled' Mercedes models unless of course they are wrongly badged as AMG's.

Rant over

Steve
Old 02-12-2015, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
There will be no winner in this thread. I vote for it to be closed/locked.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:56 AM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
I just want to know when the C450 is going to be released... :\
Old 02-12-2015, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
I just want to know when the C450 is going to be released... :\
Perhaps ask the Manufacturer directly... before world war AMG breaks out
Old 02-12-2015, 08:26 AM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Perhaps ask the Manufacturer directly... before world war AMG breaks out
LOL! I'm quite shocked at the developments on this thread.

Two different people at MB say two different things. I think it's safe to say that nobody really knows at MB - or at least the people I can talk to! Hurry up already!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Guys ~ clean up this sandpit or we will clean it up for you. Enough or beheadings will begin!