C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

w205 Estate(Wagon) Order Confirmed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Cool w205 Estate(Wagon) Order Confirmed...

So the car is now confirmed by the factory and should be with me late March.

The basic car: C200 Petrol Estate (182bhp turbo 4 pot, 7.7 seconds 0-62). Currently the only pure petrol version available as I don't want a noisy diesel and I don't care about MPG, life's too short.
The trim level: AMG Line ( currently the top of the range model );
AMG Line adds, over the SE entry model ;

Active parking assist incl. PARKTRONIC
Folding rear-seat backrests
Garmin® MAP PILOT
Sports suspension
LED Non Adaptive Headlamps
AMG bodystyling
Wheel-arch widening for AMG wheels
18" AMG 5-spoke alloy wheels
Front seats - heated / Manual adjusting
Interior lighting package (not ambient)
AMG Line Interior
AMG Line Exterior
Parking Package
Mirror Package
Run-flat tyres
Floor mats in black with "AMG” lettering

Further options;

Brilliant Blue exterior colour
Light Grey interior Leather
19” AMG Multi-spoke Alloy Wheels
Black Open Pore (matte) Ash wood trim
7 Speed Automatic Transmission
Privacy Glass
Air Balance Package (Interior Air fragrance and Ionisation)

In addition;

Premium Plus Package (which encompasses);

Hands-Free Access (keyless entry/exit and sensor activated boot open/close)
Keyless GO
COMAND Online (iDrive equivalent with voice control, music HD etc)
Adjustable Lumbar Support
Panoramic Sliding Glass Sunroof
Traffic Sign Assist
Burmester Surround Sound System
Ambient Lighting ( with colour and brightness control )
Illuminated Door Sill strips with ‘Mercedes-Benz’ lettering
DVD/CD Player
Centre console cup holders
Analogue Central Clock
Live Traffic Information
Remote Online
Passenger/Drivers Seats and mirrors, heated, electrically adjustable with memory.

…and to close the list;

AirMatic Agility Package (Semi Active Air Suspension with variable height and damping)
LED Intelligent HeadLight System - high-performance headlamps (adaptive with high beam assist)

Almost ‘fully loaded’ as the saying goes. The only things I omitted were the 360 camera, which I wanted but there’s a production issue upon so I opted not to have it to save the car being delayed by months. Also HUD as I don’t like anything in my view of the road (plus its just shy of a grand) and the ‘Nanny’ pack which is a £1500 lane assist/blindspot/etc which as I like to drive rather than the car was an option I could live without. The basic car has the de-rigueur emergency stop radar stuff and some other nanny options I can’t remove anyhow.

I’m quite looking forward to it.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Congratulations! We'll look forward to the pictures once you have it. It's a quick turn-around on the car too.

How many months was the 360 cameras going to push the delivery date out by?
Old 02-05-2015, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
Congratulations! We'll look forward to the pictures once you have it. It's a quick turn-around on the car too.

How many months was the 360 cameras going to push the delivery date out by?
The car was already on order by the dealer, they just updated the order before the modification close date for my spec.

The 360 Camera inclusion.. I was told June delivery or later. Seems to be a real issue. Because I dropped that option and went for the one on order I also managed quite a bit more discount.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacGT
The car was already on order by the dealer, they just updated the order before the modification close date for my spec.

The 360 Camera inclusion.. I was told June delivery or later. Seems to be a real issue. Because I dropped that option and went for the one on order I also managed quite a bit more discount.
From what I read the 360 camera is on back-order and is being restricted to a certain number per region per month...

For me the 360 is a must have because I like gadgets... But since I have to wait for that option anyway I may now wait for more news on the C450 and will probably purchase that instead.

Please post up pictures when you get the car - that brilliant blue will no doubt look great!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
From what I read the 360 camera is on back-order and is being restricted to a certain number per region per month...

For me the 360 is a must have because I like gadgets... But since I have to wait for that option anyway I may now wait for more news on the C450 and will probably purchase that instead.

Please post up pictures when you get the car - that brilliant blue will no doubt look great!
While I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the 360 camera, one tiny thing vs the entire car isn't a show stopper. It would be silly of me not to order a car or wait six months for just one small gadget. Just take a look at the spec on my order, there's plenty else to keep me engaged.

But then it doesn't sound like you're in the market for a car yet anyhow as its going to be a long time before the 450 arrives and I need a practical car asap.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacGT
While I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the 360 camera, one tiny thing vs the entire car isn't a show stopper. It would be silly of me not to order a car or wait six months for just one small gadget. Just take a look at the spec on my order, there's plenty else to keep me engaged.

But then it doesn't sound like you're in the market for a car yet anyhow as its going to be a long time before the 450 arrives and I need a practical car asap.
Yes you're right. I'm not in urgent need for a car, hence being able to wait for the C450. I'm hoping it will be hitting the UKthis summer (at least to order) so I can get my hands on it later this year.

Like you have done, I would also spec up the car highly. I think the only boxes I didn't tick when I was pricing it up online was the AirBalance & tow bar.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:20 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
When we ordered a couple of weeks ago the salesman said the 360 camera was available to order with no caveats from jan ...our car is due end of april early may.

We are in france and the packs and options are different, luxury is available here for example with the traditional grille which we much prefer, the car looks like a proper mercedes to us, but that is just an opinion and if others, the majority it seems, prefer the sports grille so be it. Just glad we have the choice.

Likewise HUD v the panoramic roof, I could see little point in the sunroof but felt HUD was a real bonus. We need to keep a close eye on speeds about town here and HUD makes that a lot easier and if you have not driven a test car with it you may not find it too intrusive though clearly for some it is. Re the "nanny" driving features we specced them. None of us can hand on heart say we are perfect drivers, we are all human and humans are very fallible. I could not live with myself if I caused serious injury or death to someone and working in insurance I have seen too many tragic accidents. Just one toddler saved from being seriously injured or killed because the car radar spotted them whilst I was too busy focusing on other road happenings to see them is worth having. What I of course do not yet know is whether they will prove to be intrusive or if they will only make themselves known when needed, we shall see!

Also specced airmatic, we are changing from a glk 4matic and being able to raise the car height is important, rural french houses often have difficult access! Another difference is we can get 4matic in the c class here albeit only with the 250 diesel which makes the range much wider for those like us who need 4 wheel drive. They offer it in the e and s class too as well as the a, not sure about the b.

Not so long ago it was felt car prices in the uk were far too high let me assure you uk buyers you are getting a good deal from mercedes prices are substantially more across the board here even if we were able to get the old average exchange of 1.45 euro to the pound.

In case you were wondering in keeping with the old man grille we have chosen a staid conservative colour .....palladium grey with black interior, should show off the grille nicely!