C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

New MB-Tex replaced seats starting to bleed again. AAAAARGH!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 04:28 PM
KLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C-300 (2015) with bleeding seats & a Saab 9-3 convertible (that I am holding onto).
I am sorry to hear this StanNH. This sucks.

My seats are being replaced on February 20 and b/c no one from Mercedes Benz Corporate has sent an official recall letter or a letter at least explaining what is going on - that tells me (and I'm a PR Professional) that the are trying to keep this on the DL.

To date, my car has been sitting at my dealership for over a month now. The dealership I go to has been very accommodating, making sure I have a lobner to drive and that I get reimbursed from the oil getting on my clothes. But I have still not heard from MB Corporate and I have 0 faith in all of this.

If anyone is having this bleeding seats issue, call Kimmel & Silverman. http://www.lemonlaw.com These are Lemon Law Attorneys. I have worked with them in the past on a Saab I had that was a lemon. They took care of everything with no cost to me and got me out of that Saab within 30 days with all of my money back. If a car is deemed a lemon, you do not pay even 1 penny.

My 2015 C-300 with bleeding seats is considered a Lemon right now b/c of this reason which is a direct quote form the firm:
"If the car is 30 days out of service in the first 12 months/12,000 miles and we have inferred lemon law. You certainly do not have to do anything but open a claim."
Old 02-12-2015, 04:44 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Sincity
The quality of MB-Tex from the late 90s to current is not what it used to be. The "old" MB-Tex, like the one from my parents '86 190e that they purchased new has lasted "like new" till I sold the car in 2014. Still soft and supple. I had MB-Tex in my '99 ML320 and that only lasted about 4 years before it started to crack. I have seen MANY late model MBs with that have the same issues with cracking. Granted they didn't bleed like these, but nonethelss, MB-Tex is not the same as the older-gen MBs.
Same experience with my 1989 300E, had it for 15 years with about 350K mi and the MB-Tex still looks like new till the front wheel fell off but that's another story. That's why I didn't even worry about getting the MB-Tex for the C; granted that I have not have any bleeding issues.

Last edited by miketc; 02-12-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
The word I just got from MB-USA is no trade assistance towards a new car, and no upgrade to leather seats. They felt the lack of safety or mechanical/electrical issues did not justify that action on their part.

They will offer to extend the warranty, but I don't have a commitment regarding the length of the extension.

This doesn't leave me many options, so I may have to grin and bear it. If that's it, I'll keep it and hope for no more problems. In any case, I'm pretty sure it will get traded for a 2016 model.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:53 PM

E90 335i
Originally Posted by StanNH
The word I just got from MB-USA is no trade assistance towards a new car, and no upgrade to leather seats. They felt the lack of safety or mechanical/electrical issues did not justify that action on their part.

They will offer to extend the warranty, but I don't have a commitment regarding the length of the extension.

This doesn't leave me many options, so I may have to grin and bear it. If that's it, I'll keep it and hope for no more problems. In any case, I'm pretty sure it will get traded for a 2016 model.
Well at this point you better get a better loaner from your dealer than a C300 luxury.... time for an S Class loaner for the next stint

I just wonder how many people are dealing with this that don't realize that it is 100% a manufacturers defect.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:53 PM

2010 BMW X5

That's pretty disheartening given everything you've gone through.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD

Lawyer time! I'd bet a buck that stuff leaching from the seats isn't healthy(irregardless of what is reported). And besides that. You got a half baked car at regular price. At least time to start building your case.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300W4, 2011 G37, 1998 528i Sport 5MT
Originally Posted by coladin
Your expectations with your car, gocal73, paid with your real money, have been met. The hassle you are creating in your mind, is not the responsibility of the manufacturer, but there are remedies you can look into.

Case closed.

What case?
You are obviously "all in" with your allegiance to The Star and this seems to affect your ability see things for what they are. Or maybe you just really hate the mention of legal action. I paid good money for a defective car. Maybe it is unreasonable for me to expect MBUSA to deliver a car with a properly aligned bumper, wind noise free and without seats that bleed. You would know better than I since you own several Benz's and this is my first. Possibly I should be lowering my expectations for MBUSA products. I guess that's what you are saying.

But you are definitely on to something. Having to wonder...there is a huge price to pay for that. If I have to wonder if my car's seats will bleed, or my car's brakes will squeal, or if my car develops wind noise , or my keyfob might not work, or if I have to replace the battery. That is truly insurmountable.

You don't have to worry about bleeding seats since you have leather in your C400. So, why are you posting on this subject at all?
Do you know how it feels to own a car with seats that might bleed because you had the audacity to drive your all-wheel drive vehicle to snow country? Oh, the irony. And, something you keep ignoring in your posts, do you know just how frustrating it is to be knowingly sold a defective car by the dealership and MBUSA? Do you even get that? Again, maybe that is an acceptable business practice to you as you do own more than one Mercedes. I guess I'm just a spoiled consumer who pays my money and expects full value in return. Silly me.
Where do I sign for the class action?

How should I know? I never said I was part of a class action suit, or planned to file one. (There's that reading comprehension thing.) What I did say is that if MBUSA screws over people with affected cars, then this avenue is available. However, in California we take Lemon Laws seriously, so that is the most likely route for me IF the bleeding seat issue is not resolved timely.
If you have been following along you would know that I have contacted MBUSA twice and was assured both times that my MBTex seats would be replaced whether they are bleeding or not since I have a build date prior to 1/5/15. So, at least MBUSA is agreeing with me that I don't have to actually go through the misery Stan has endured in order for them to repair the seat covers. Thankfully, they get this much anyway.

Stan rightfully should be compensated, and I could not disagree with etiennewheeler's post. Stan nor anyone here should be guinea pigs and there are expectations that must be met when a car is put for sale on the market. They certainly have not been met in Stan's case, but for many they have.

OK. Not exactly sure what you are saying so I might get this wrong. But, if neither Stan nor anyone here should be a guinea pig, then why are you criticizing me for not wanting to be a guinea pig? Also, what expectations are you taking about? Is producing virtually every W205 with misaligned bumpers your idea of meeting expectations for sale? Is knowingly selling cars with bleeding seats meeting expectations? If so, you have very low expectations for MB products. You can argue that initially MB did not know they were selling bleeding seats to the public. I would agree. In this case, I would not blame MB. How they dealt with the problem should be what matters (so far A for effort, F for execution). HOWEVER, once MBUSA knew of the bleeding seat problem they should have stopped sales of affected cars until they could be fixed. Or, at the very minimum make buyers aware before they signed on the dotted line. To knowingly sell anyway is the issue for me and thousands of others who purchased W205 cars AFTER MBUSA and their dealerships knew of the problem. There is a TSB posted on this site that proves what I am saying. As for the bumper misalignment, MBUSA must employ the Three Blind Mice as quality inspectors. How do you not see this problem and correct it at the factory or dealership before you sell the cars?
BTW, these two problems are not exclusive to Stan's car. Stan is not the only victim here. He is the most public. But there are others out there that have suffered fates similar to Stan. But, I guess they don't count if they are not posting on MBWorld? This is not to say that Stan does not deserve compensation for his troubles because he does, in a big way. But, so do others. The only difference is to what degree.

You should count yourself lucky and enjoy your car.

Well, funny you should say that. I was thinking the exact same thing! I would love to be driving my new C300 right now. It’s a beautiful blue sky day in the Bay. However, it is at the dealership for the bumper realignment, passenger doors realignments and wind noise issues that should have been handled at the factory. Oh, wait! I almost forgot the weather-stripping replacement on the driver’s side passenger door. Can't forget that. It will be one week tomorrow and last I heard it might be ready next week sometime. Maybe.
Can hardly wait until seat replacement time - I'm waiting for another guinea pig to go first - who knows how long that might take? 30 days?
This is my point. I did not pay my money to build a kit car (sorry Stan). I paid for famous Mercedes-Benz quality and attention to detail. The Best or Nothing! Right?
Old 02-12-2015, 07:31 PM

2015 C300 RWD
That's the first I heard of door alignment...what was the issue? And have they diagnosed accurate spot for wind I trusion?
Old 02-12-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by gocal73
Well, funny you should say that. I was thinking the exact same thing! I would love to be driving my new C300 right now. It’s a beautiful blue sky day in the Bay. However, it is at the dealership for the bumper realignment, passenger doors realignments and wind noise issues that should have been handled at the factory. Oh, wait! I almost forgot the weather-stripping replacement on the driver’s side passenger door. Can't forget that. It will be one week tomorrow and last I heard it might be ready next week sometime. Maybe.
Can hardly wait until seat replacement time - I'm waiting for another guinea pig to go first - who knows how long that might take? 30 days?
This is my point. I did not pay my money to build a kit car (sorry Stan). I paid for famous Mercedes-Benz quality and attention to detail. The Best or Nothing! Right?
Well you didn't mention that your car had issues, you only referred to the dreaded insecurities of your seats potentially bleeding. That was my only point. If your seats are not bleeding they are not going to rip your car apart. Whether my car has leather is not the issue as I am here supporting fellow owners with bleeding seats. You don't have bleeding seats.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:04 PM

2015 C400 4Matic

So sorry to hear that. Guess that doesn't bode well for my bid to have MB cover any depreciation on a trade to a later build. I am so disgusted with MB over this and seeing how it's not just me dealing with multiple C class issues but so many on this board and surely others.

Took my car in for service again today for wind noise, bumper/quarterpanel alignment, and another run at the loose sunshade and the advisor told me that since we had talked (a few days ago) there were now open campaigns for the tires and an evaporator something or other (I was so upset it wasn't registering). And we haven't even gotten to the seats yet, they are still on order.

On the sunshade issue, I have a later build C300 loaner right now and the sunshade is as taut as a snare drum. Doesn't tighten and loosen when you open and close it. So they are not all uniformly loose.

Not sure what I will do if I don't get some traction from MB on this. Have lost confidence in the car and starting to lose confidence in the company. I have half a mind to trade on another brand, take the hit and move on.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:07 PM

2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by Diesel Don
So sorry to hear that. Guess that doesn't bode well for my bid to have MB cover any depreciation on a trade to a later build. I am so disgusted with MB over this and seeing how it's not just me dealing with multiple C class issues but so many on this board and surely others.

Took my car in for service again today for wind noise, bumper/quarterpanel alignment, and another run at the loose sunshade and the advisor told me that since we had talked (a few days ago) there were now open campaigns for the tires and an evaporator something or other (I was so upset it wasn't registering). And we haven't even gotten to the seats yet, they are still on order.

On the sunshade issue, I have a later build C300 loaner right now and the sunshade is as taut as a snare drum. Doesn't tighten and loosen when you open and close it. So they are not all uniformly loose.

Not sure what I will do if I don't get some traction from MB on this. Have lost confidence in the car and starting to lose confidence in the company. I have half a mind to trade on another brand, take the hit and move on.
Is bumper malaligned on the loaner? Any difference in the wind noise in loaner? Keep us posted with your fix too, and good luck!!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
My guess is they dont want to set precedence. They know how vocal Stan has been on the forums and given how wide spread the issue is, they can't simply go replacing leather/and or buyback for everyone.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
'16 GL550, '12 C350
If I was Stan I'd contact a lawyer. MB had their chance. This is so far beyond unacceptable I want to .
Old 02-12-2015, 11:29 PM

Mercedes C300, BMW X5
Originally Posted by KLF
My seats are being replaced on February 20 and b/c no one from Mercedes Benz Corporate has sent an official recall letter or a letter at least explaining what is going on - that tells me (and I'm a PR Professional) that the are trying to keep this on the DL.
It is sad really that they messed this up so badly. Had they come clean and fix it. MB reputation would be have been save. For now, I am going to recommend those I know to avoid them.

On a side note, I am very curious what kind of substance that would require cooling and heating cycles for it to come out. I am not a chemist. This just seem very odd to me.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:23 AM

2015 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by floridadriver
Is bumper malaligned on the loaner? Any difference in the wind noise in loaner? Keep us posted with your fix too, and good luck!!
Thanks, will do. Yes unfortunately this loaner has the misaligned bumper and loads of wind noise. On a lark I visited a Lexus showroom today and test drove an IS 350, it was quiet.

The MB customer care rep told me that this was the first time he had heard a complaint about the bumper alignment. He also said they use the lemon law as a guide in deciding whether to allow buybacks or trade in offsets. I replied that at this stage I wasn't seeking a litigious or adversarial outcome, but rather a cooperative venture of good will. We'll see....
Old 02-13-2015, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
This response is very disappointing for you !

My suggestion would be for you to quickly arrange a meeting with the Dealer Principal or General Manager, with a view to negotiating a trade for a brand new C3004M or an upgrade into an E250BT4M. At the very least, I would expect your dealer to offer you a brand new car @ invoice and to give you a trade in value that comes close to the original purchase price. By getting your dealer on side, they will no doubt attempt to bring MBUSA into the picture for a financial contribution, but perhaps not officially.

Given the sad history of your car's troubles, your dealer will be most sympathetic to your needs and would hopefully go the extra mile to satisfy you. I would not delay this meeting; your leverage is strongest now !

You should also make it clear to your dealer that a failure on their part to make amends will result in potential legal action against them and adverse publicity.
In a situation like yours where the car has not come close to meeting your expectations, a reputable dealer would try very hard to satisfy you.

As you have already confirmed, pursuing a settlement via MBUSA is not going to produce the desired outcome. At this time, your dealer is your best hope.

Good luck !
Old 02-13-2015, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by coladin
Well you didn't mention that your car had issues, you only referred to the dreaded insecurities of your seats potentially bleeding. That was my only point. If your seats are not bleeding they are not going to rip your car apart. Whether my car has leather is not the issue as I am here supporting fellow owners with bleeding seats. You don't have bleeding seats.
Man, you don't get it do you? It's not whether I have seats that are currently bleeding or not. The problem is that the seats are subject to bleeding due to defective materials. Even MBUSA understands and agrees with my concern. Why can't you?

Plus, considering how MBUSA is dealing with this issue, I am among those who wonder what is really in the defective MBTex. At this point, there is little reason to believe MBUSA is telling the whole story. Instead they seem to be trying hard to keep all these W205 problems on the down low, as KLF suggested. Whatever is oozing out of these seats can't be good for anyone.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by floridadriver
That's the first I heard of door alignment...what was the issue? And have they diagnosed accurate spot for wind I trusion?
Yep. The passenger side doors. there is a drop between the door and the fenders. I guess you can say they are not flush. This is most noticeable at the top portion of the doors, where they meet the fenders. They are perfectly aligned at the center where the doors share a seam. The dealer agreed that there is a difference when compared to the driver side doors. They are checking against MBUSA specs to determine if they are out-of-spec or not. if they are they will fix. I haven't heard from them except early this week to tell me the repairs will take at least until next week sometime. No update on what they found. I will let you know know when I hear back.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:04 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
W205
We are getting record low temperatures the next five days in the East Coast so expect more bleeding reports.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by gocal73
Yep. The passenger side doors. there is a drop between the door and the fenders. I guess you can say they are not flush. This is most noticeable at the top portion of the doors, where they meet the fenders. They are perfectly aligned at the center where the doors share a seam. The dealer agreed that there is a difference when compared to the driver side doors. They are checking against MBUSA specs to determine if they are out-of-spec or not. if they are they will fix. I haven't heard from them except early this week to tell me the repairs will take at least until next week sometime. No update on what they found. I will let you know know when I hear back.
If misalignment is noticeable then it's out of spec. Benz has very close specs on gaps & alignment that vary from zero to 0.5mm tolerance from norm depending on location. I've always been amazed that the CKD plant in Vietnam runs purpose made dial gauges around all gaps in assembly.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
I would be lying if I said I wasn't really pissed off at MB-USA for offering so little in helping me resolve the reliability issues with my car. They are correct in saying the issues have been minor, but it's the frequency of these minor issues that has ruined my ownership experience. The build quality is just poor, and there's no way of justifying that.

I'm tempted to just dump it now and look for something else but, as my very stoic wife pointed out, it is a really good car and we both like it. I will ask my dealer if there's anything they can do regarding a trade for a newer production car. If not, I will give the car a chance and see if it holds up. I'll try not to look at the sagging sunroof shade, hope we don't get locked out of the car with its flaky Keyless Go system, and see how long the driver's door light stays on this time. The irony, of course, is if I had gone with any of my other choices ... Subaru Legacy, Buick Regal, Ford Fusion, or BMW 3xi series ... I probably would have gotten a well built and trouble free car. I never expected Mercedes Benz would be the brand with the worst build quality and worst reliability.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
The irony, of course, is if I had gone with any of my other choices ... Subaru Legacy, Buick Regal, Ford Fusion, or BMW 3xi series ... I probably would have gotten a well built and trouble free car. I never expected Mercedes Benz would be the brand with the worst build quality and worst reliability.
I wouldn't bank on that. My two BMW's have both been problematic, the most recent, the e89, has been way more problematic than any issues reported on here for the W205. My e89 was a first year production car.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Not that this justifies anything but I think MB USA is to blame here as none of the troubles you have experienced are found in German made vehicles.

Hopefully these isues will cause Daimler Benz AG as a whole to look into their respective markets quality control and fix accordingly.

Also, dont be to confident that other brands are problem free, I have close relations with competetive brands and they have their share of problems.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I would be lying if I said I wasn't really pissed off at MB-USA for offering so little in helping me resolve the reliability issues with my car. They are correct in saying the issues have been minor, but it's the frequency of these minor issues that has ruined my ownership experience. The build quality is just poor, and there's no way of justifying that.

I'm tempted to just dump it now and look for something else but, as my very stoic wife pointed out, it is a really good car and we both like it. I will ask my dealer if there's anything they can do regarding a trade for a newer production car. If not, I will give the car a chance and see if it holds up. I'll try not to look at the sagging sunroof shade, hope we don't get locked out of the car with its flaky Keyless Go system, and see how long the driver's door light stays on this time. The irony, of course, is if I had gone with any of my other choices ... Subaru Legacy, Buick Regal, Ford Fusion, or BMW 3xi series ... I probably would have gotten a well built and trouble free car. I never expected Mercedes Benz would be the brand with the worst build quality and worst reliability.
At least in Illinois, the lemon process can take up to two years to resolve and is not an easy process. If you can tolerate the car and somehow find a way to move past it, great. I would send Steve Cannon a letter either way and let him know your personal story with his product.

What is the final offer... Extended warranty for how long?
Old 02-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by vic viper
Not that this justifies anything but I think MB USA is to blame here as none of the troubles you have experienced are found in German made vehicles.

Hopefully these isues will cause Daimler Benz AG as a whole to look into their respective markets quality control and fix accordingly.

Also, dont be to confident that other brands are problem free, I have close relations with competetive brands and they have their share of problems.
I think it's fair to say that the SA plant has had some issues with bumper plastic fit to Aus while using imported plastics.

However. I do wonder what US built W205 is going to do to this.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ghlight=recall

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New MB-Tex replaced seats starting to bleed again. AAAAARGH!