C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport Is One Fast Poser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 11:40 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
This thread is both hilarious and sad. It is not an AMG. It is not an AMG. It is not an AMG. It is tuned by AMG. It is tuned by AMG. It is tuned by AMG. Posers. You don't have enough money for a real AMG. Not posers. Trolls. 2015 C63 owners overreact and insecure. W204 C63 owners laugh and console.

keep it up guys!

BTW, it is not an AMG, but a great package for those in the market.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
The preliminary numbers I am seeing have it as quick and fast as a CLA45. Be fearful, very fearful. There's a lot more one can do with a mildly modded V6 than the 4 In the CLA. The 4 as currently modded is about at its limits.
Sorry, you and I go way back on this forum and I like you and we have never had any issues but you are VERY Wrong...The turbos on the C450 are smaller than the turbos on the CLA. The C450 has lower compression rings and pistons than the CLA's M133 inline 4. Weistec is making 450whp with their stock internal CLA45, you will never see those kind of figures out of the C450. Add to that the several hundred pound weight defecit of the C450 and you have a tuned CLA45 whooping a tuned C450 every time. I can only assume that by your defense of this the C450 you have one on order which is great, I am sure you will be one of the first guys to tune one but some of your comments are way off base, innacurate and dillusional.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Just stumbled across this thread and found a bunch of disturbing comments here...

The most concerning one is yours about trolling as IMO the forum is about reading/discussing MB's of all stripes and colors. One doesn't have to own a W205 or wanting to buy one to post opinions about it.

I have no interest in buying one but love to read about the cars and people's opinions. Since features & tech filter through all models I can most likely provide information or opinions of value to others. Does that make me a troll?
In your description it would...

Re. the C450, Mercedes is simply copying the BMW playbook. They are making a killing on the M-Sport cosmetics/small performance bits and MB has vowed to increase the margin per car, so I am sure we'll see more of that.

Customers are just willing to shell out money to come closer to their M/AMG counterparts.

AMG purists will not like like as the distinction blurs between run of the mill and factory exotic. So, of course the AMG brand is diluted in the mind of the AMG buyer, but not the average customer or MB corporate.
You hit the nail on the head. This is a public forum and people should be allowed to voice their opinions, good or bad. As long as there are no attacks on individuals we should be allowed to say whatever we want about a specific vehicle.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
This certainly would not make you a troll. I frequent both the W166 and W205 forums, as I am trying to decide which of them will be the next one I park in my garage. It makes you or I no different.

The difference comes when you have someone who purposely picks out the thread to call the car "junk" and **** all over those who potentially might be interested in it because they feel insulted that it even exists. Trolling comes in all forms, but the obvious problem is when someone constantly feels the need to stir a pot over and over. Then the constant attacks and lack of class come out of certain members and it all just goes down the tube.

Personally, I am excited about the C450. I'll never own one as I can't abide a V6 in any form, but I appreciate the car as it is as marvel of engineering and beauty.
Why is someone calling the car junk any different than someone calling the car a masterpiece? We are all entitled to voice our opinions according to the Terms and use of this forum. I can call a car junk all I want just so long as I am not personally attacking anyone in the process. ove the years lots of people on this forum have not agreed with the modifications I have made to my super rare collection of Black Series vehicles, purists have said I should leave them stock. I didn't cry to the moderators when people voiced their opinions, they are their opinions and they are entitled to them. As many people that say they love the red wheels on my SLS have said they hate them, so should they people that hate them not be allowed to say they hate them??? Nope, they are entitled to their opinions.

My opinion of the C450 is that is is junk, not junk in the sense of a 10 year old Kia, but junk in the sense that it does not live up to the credentials and performce of modern day AMG's. I feel that it will diminish the brand and tarnish the heritage and reputation of AMG....that is my OPINION, no different than the OPINION from others here stating that it will not hurt or tarnish AMG's repuatation. Sorry if my opinion does not jive with those of you who are planning on buying a C450.

Keep the conversation civil on both sides so yet another thread does not get locked. Only time will tell what the outcome of the release of the C450 will be, until then people on both sides of the argument should be allowed to voice their opinions in a civil manner without having to worry about attacks or being placed on probation.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Audi S6; 2009 Ducati SC1000
Originally Posted by jrcart
Why is someone calling the car junk any different than someone calling the car a masterpiece? We are all entitled to voice our opinions according to the Terms and use of this forum. I can call a car junk all I want just so long as I am not personally attacking anyone in the process.
You can't actually be serious, right?

Originally Posted by jrcart;
you are obviously not a very intelligent person to begin with and I will be talking way over your head.
Keep on talking idiot!

This is exxactly why Mercedes ****ed up with the poor marketing decision. People like you that have no clue what an AMG is. Enjoy your fake AMG buddy!
Actually my AMG's are all Black Series and those are for the most part built by HWA, but that's will put this discussion way WAY over your head so I will keep things on a level that you and the other fake AMG owners will understand
You are obviously the expert on this vehicle lol so enjoy your fake AMG buddy. Just remember every time you pull up at a stop light next to a real AMG the owner will be chuckling at you.....even the ones in the CLA45's that you claim are no more real AMG than a C450 will be lauging at you
Here you go Mr. KNOWITALL DBag
And those were all just in the last two weeks.

You've made it impossible for anyone on this forum to have an actual conversation about this car. As I stated before, it's shameful that any forum would allow this kind of behavior. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by Cdiddy

And those were all just in the last two weeks.

You've made it impossible for anyone on this forum to have an actual conversation about this car. As I stated before, it's shameful that any forum would allow this kind of behavior. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Many thanks for aggregating the above posts which prove a wonderful point.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450 (pre-ordered Jan 14)
Originally Posted by Cdiddy
My hat is off to you Cdiddy! I thought EXACTLY the same thing, but I didn't take the time to go back and find all of the PERSONAL ATTACKS written by this one. Thank you for making the point.

For the record, I agree with jrcart's "new" assertion that everyone should resist the temptation to engage in personal attacks. Let's hope he's had an epiphany and he and the rest of us can take his advice and calm down about this fXXXing car. For God sake, it's just a car, not a personal attack.

Clearly jrcart and others hate the C450; I get that, I understand their reasoning, and I accept it as legitimate. As a potential new C450 buyer however, I'd like to be able to come up here and learn about the car without having to contend with all the hate that flows my way for daring to want one.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Good grief.

What the hell is wrong with people? Why can't people (on BOTH sides of this particular point) just accept that there are different viewpoints, and just accept that THEY are not the exclusive holder of the moral high ground.

Just settle down a bit and start acting like grown-ups - hell, today I would settle for people acting like ten year olds rather than toddlers!

I'll say it once: AMGs are great, C450s will, I suspect be great too - both will be a bloody sight quicker than mine will be - does that make me grumpy and jealous, not in the slightest - respect to you all. Owning one, over the other does not give you a bigger dick. Get over it!
Old 03-02-2015, 03:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CLA-250, C-300
This thread is like a bad accident, makes you feel bad yet you can't help to want to look, a bit morbid, but that is what I think. I personally would not let it go any longer, close it. It ceased to be useful or interesting days ago.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Sorry, you and I go way back on this forum and I like you and we have never had any issues but you are VERY Wrong...The turbos on the C450 are smaller than the turbos on the CLA. The C450 has lower compression rings and pistons than the CLA's M133 inline 4. Weistec is making 450whp with their stock internal CLA45, you will never see those kind of figures out of the C450. Add to that the several hundred pound weight defecit of the C450 and you have a tuned CLA45 whooping a tuned C450 every time. I can only assume that by your defense of this the C450 you have one on order which is great, I am sure you will be one of the first guys to tune one but some of your comments are way off base, innacurate and dillusional.

Jim, as a multiple owner of AMGs myself and also being on the PL, I still don't understand all the vitriol. By the way, I have not ordered one, but the thought of a daily driver with AWD is very appealing in these long winters. A lot of this would go away if MB, in all their wisdom, had seen fit to just give us a C63 S AWD model just like they did with the E class vehicles. You gotta admit, it's a nice looking car with 90% of the C63 capabilities in suspension, brakes, trans and even power . Part or most of the allure of the C450 is it's looks and AWD capabilities. Pricing it at or better than a CLA 45 is the fudge on the sundae for many. Surely it opens up marketing for MB to go after a younger more affluent-to- be crowd. I see it as a win for the brand, MB and buyers of all means. Just because it doesn't have a " hand built" engine from Affalterbach wiil not dissuade many from buying it.

Other companies who have successfully done this are BMW, AUDI and even the former MB Daimler Benz with the SRTDESIGN cars. It's all about marketing and I still maintain that the buyer of a C450 is not posing.

Btw, a freight factoring buddy of mine won't buy AMGs for the pure and simple fact that he and his wife don't like the way they ride and he can buy whatever he wants.

Last edited by Newzchspy; 03-02-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM

CLA45 AMG
Surely it opens up marketing for MB to go after a younger more affluent-to- be crowd.
Really? For all the benefits people claim the C450 may provide, they all seem to favor a person who is physically no longer that young

Even BMW's M sport lines, although successful in sales, have not reduced the average age of its buyers.

Now CLA250/CLA45, that's a different story.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:45 PM

Ford Focus
Coladin, who are you to say it's not an AMG. Please get this fact into your head.

MERCEDES CLEARLY STATE THE C450 IS AN AMG car. They state it over and over and over again. It couldn't be any more clear or less ambiguous in their literature.
Denial of fact will not work.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:15 PM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by trueblue_ips
Coladin, who are you to say it's not an AMG. Please get this fact into your head.

MERCEDES CLEARLY STATE THE C450 IS AN AMG car. They state it over and over and over again. It couldn't be any more clear or less ambiguous in their literature.
As a prospective c450 owner I am not deluded into thinking that this car is a thoroughbred AMG. I think everyone on this forum has repeatedly heard you state that it is and it's becoming quite irritating hearing you drill the same point over and over again. Can you please let this conversation move on now? It sound like you want to buy this car for it's badge and title rather than for the qualities of the car itself.

If you are hell bent on getting an AMG then just get a c63. If you don't want to go for a new one then I'm sure you can pick up a well maintained second hand one for less money than a new c450 with money to spare for maintenance and running costs for many years to come.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:19 PM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by dtc100
Really? For all the benefits people claim the C450 may provide, they all seem to favor a person who is physically no longer that young

Even BMW's M sport lines, although successful in sales, have not reduced the average age of its buyers.

Now CLA250/CLA45, that's a different story.
Do you not think that BMWs are typically favoured by the younger generations and MBs the older generation? That is the perception I get from friends and family. I think MB have reduced this stigma (in the UK at least) by making the models sportier, esp with the W204, and now with the w205.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by trueblue_ips

You're getting obsessive over this, guy.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
As a prospective c450 owner I am not deluded into thinking that this car is a thoroughbred AMG. I think everyone on this forum has repeatedly heard you state that it is and it's becoming quite irritating hearing you drill the same point over and over again. Can you please let this conversation move on now? It sound like you want to buy this car for it's badge and title rather than for the qualities of the car itself.

If you are hell bent on getting an AMG then just get a c63. If you don't want to go for a new one then I'm sure you can pick up a well maintained second hand one for less money than a new c450 with money to spare for maintenance and running costs for many years to come.
Well said
Old 03-02-2015, 07:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300
I don't see how there are so many complaints for the C450. I actually prefer it over my '12 C63 coupe and plan on getting one or even a C400. Then again depending on where you live AWD might not have as much value for others.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:49 PM

Ford Focus
Mr Enigma, I only feel compelled to respond when someone, like coladin above, posts complete nonsense which is passed off as fact. The C450 is being sold by MB as an AMG. That is not opinion, that is cold hard fact. It's the c63 owners whose noses have been put out of joint that keep stoking the fires,not me.
I'm happy not to say another word on the subject now that MB press release is available for all to read which confirms the true facts regarding where this car sits in their AMG line up.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:51 PM

Ford Focus
Jakc, thank God you said that on this forum. Whatever you do, don't say that on any of the AMG forums or you'll be ridiculed, ostracised and expelled from the PL.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Fact is, they're making it. It's going to be 90% of the C63 at less than a fully loaded CLA45. It looks like a C63 and even has tiny little AMG stickers on the front quarters. We need to get over it. It's coming like a locomotive and all the complaining in the world won't stop it.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by jakc
I don't see how there are so many complaints for the C450. I actually prefer it over my '12 C63 coupe and plan on getting one or even a C400. Then again depending on where you live AWD might not have as much value for others.

I like the C450 as well -- I chose the E63S based on the AWD as I live in chicago... need it to work all season and need it to be big enough in the back to carry three kidseats for the baby/toddlers.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Fact is, they're making it. It's going to be 90% of the C63 at less than a fully loaded CLA45. It looks like a C63 and even has tiny little AMG stickers on the front quarters. We need to get over it. It's coming like a locomotive and all the complaining in the world won't stop it.
90% of a 2015 C63? Interesting... as I cannot fathom how a TTV6 can be 90% of an AMG TTV8... and I'm looking forward to the C450, I have no hate for it.. but I cannot understand these type of comments -- and trust me, I support your right to say whatever you want, but wow... 90% of a C63?
Old 03-02-2015, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
The one thing that is almost a slap in the face from AMG, is the fact that the C450 gets the AMG 4Matic. If it was the Mercedes 4matic tweaked by AMG it wouldn't be so bad. But its the AMG 4Matic made exclusively for the C450. Yes I know that the AMG 4Matic is a modified Mercedes 4Matic, but why is it exclusive to the C450 and not even an available option for the C63?

If the C450 was built purely for the sales figures, then where is the C63 4Matic option for the the sales figures?
Old 03-02-2015, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
90% of a 2015 C63? Interesting... as I cannot fathom how a TTV6 can be 90% of an AMG TTV8... and I'm looking forward to the C450, I have no hate for it.. but I cannot understand these type of comments -- and trust me, I support your right to say whatever you want, but wow... 90% of a C63?

More accurately according to the car mags and weblogs, it can be 80% of the C63 or 110% depending on how one looks at it. From a price to benefit standpoint, cost/benefit analysis, it's got the looks of the C63, more comfort ( apparently) and the newness of the W205 chassis. The interior has been called the equivalent of the S class in a C class. Better brakes and trans and more HP than a C400 and the added benefit of AWD. SO YES, IN MY BOOK, SAVE FOR THE fabulous C63 engine , yes it's 90% of a C63. Add some wet/ice to the mix and in the winter, it's 110% of the C63 in the bad stuff. Truly, someone who drives a E63S can appreciate that.

Don't worry Peter, the tuners will have it in the mid400s within a few months just as they did the C32/55 and the CLa45 before it. It's very simple , quite easy actually, to put bigger turbos on it and a tune. In the wet, several RWD cars better be very fearful, very!! That's all due to the AWD. THIS INCLUDES The C63.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

More accurately according to the car mags and weblogs, it can be 80% of the C63 or 110% depending on how one looks at it. From a price to benefit standpoint, cost/benefit analysis, it's got the looks of the C63, more comfort ( apparently) and the newness of the W205 chassis. The interior has been called the equivalent of the S class in a C class. Better brakes and trans and more HP than a C400 and the added benefit of AWD. SO YES, IN MY BOOK, SAVE FOR THE fabulous C63 engine , yes it's 90% of a C63. Add some wet/ice to the mix and in the winter, it's 110% of the C63 in the bad stuff. Truly, someone who drives a E63S can appreciate that.

Don't worry Peter, the tuners will have it in the mid400s within a few months just as they did the C32/55 and the CLa45 before it. It's very simple , quite easy actually, to put bigger turbos on it and a tune. In the wet, several RWD cars better be very fearful, very!! That's all due to the AWD. THIS INCLUDES The C63.
I guess time will tell what these ttv6's can put out... But also what the 7g tronic can handle in terms of power gains

I respect your opinion and we share the appreciation of the awd system and it's necessity in practical snow belt America.

If the c450 gets you everything you need in a car then that's the most important part I suppose

There is something about the burble of that amg v8 that screams amg DNA for me and on that we will agree to disagree...

One thing is for sure... The c450 is a gamechanger!! I just want different wheels on it than those hideous ones it comes with

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport Is One Fast Poser