C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport Is One Fast Poser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I guess time will tell what these ttv6's can put out... But also what the 7g tronic can handle in terms of power gains

I respect your opinion and we share the appreciation of the awd system and it's necessity in practical snow belt America.

If the c450 gets you everything you need in a car then that's the most important part I suppose

There is something about the burble of that amg v8 that screams amg DNA for me and on that we will agree to disagree...

One thing is for sure... The c450 is a gamechanger!! I just want different wheels on it than those hideous ones it comes with

X2, there's no replacement for displacement. But, spinnin ain't winnin too!! That's the AMG. V8 for you. I've had 3 AMG V8s and one V6 SC. Easiest to mod: the C32 V6 SC by far. Best sound: C55 with Kleemann shorty headers. Best in snow : ML55 and ML 63 by far with Nokians of Blizzaks. Easiest to launch: any AWD vehicle.

Coincidentally as I write this, I see that the GTR AND TT PORSCHE , both AWD are still whooping up on the new Z06 (C7) ; you gotta love the AWD. SEE Car and a Driver April 2015
Old 03-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
X2, there's no replacement for displacement. But, spinnin ain't winnin too!! That's the AMG. V8 for you. I've had 3 AMG V8s and one V6 SC. Easiest to mod: the C32 V6 SC by far. Best sound: C55 with Kleemann shorty headers. Best in snow : ML55 and ML 63 by far with Nokians of Blizzaks. Easiest to launch: any AWD vehicle.

Coincidentally as I write this, I see that the GTR AND TT PORSCHE , both AWD are still whooping up on the new Z06 (C7) ; you gotta love the AWD. SEE Car and a Driver April 2015
Will check that out... Still waiting for the unicorn mid engine awd vette.... The rwd vette is a death trap! Lots of YouTube vids of vettes wrapped around trees

Most of my life is spent between 0 to 80mph so awd and 600hp was a win win for me... Gets me through 8 inches of snow too and rips around town leaving chargers and hellcats in the dust

Now they just have to bring the gtr's Godzilla ugly looks into the 21st century... I had high hopes for the eau rouge Infiniti that we will likely never see

Last edited by PeterUbers; 03-02-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by trueblue_ips
Coladin, who are you to say it's not an AMG. Please get this fact into your head.

MERCEDES CLEARLY STATE THE C450 IS AN AMG car. They state it over and over and over again. It couldn't be any more clear or less ambiguous in their literature.
Denial of fact will not work.
Let's suppose you are right to believe that C450 is a true AMG because MB told you so. I am afraid no one would believe you, because it does not have a true AMG badge at the right place.

My suggestion is, as soon as you drive your new C450 off the lot, waste no time, head straight to a shop and ask them to slap an AMG badge on the butt.

You do not want a 15 year old to laugh at you when you give him the story that MB salesman says my car is a true AMG, when he can easily see you don't have that badge in the right place

Last edited by dtc100; 03-03-2015 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:33 AM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
Do you not think that BMWs are typically favoured by the younger generations and MBs the older generation? That is the perception I get from friends and family. I think MB have reduced this stigma (in the UK at least) by making the models sportier, esp with the W204, and now with the w205.
You have just made my point.

BMW traditionally had younger buyer age than MB, and MB is trying to change that by introducing new styles, yet in your above statement you did not use "m sport" nor "c450 amg", because m sport line did not reduce BMW driver age, I doubt c450 will either.

It is the other things you mentioned that will potentially attract younger buyers-the sportier new generations of C Class, and the CLA/A classes.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by dtc100
You have just made my point.

BMW traditionally had younger buyer age than MB, and MB is trying to change that by introducing new styles, yet in your above statement you did not use "m sport" nor "c450 amg", because m sport line did not reduce BMW driver age, I doubt c450 will either.

It is the other things you mentioned that will potentially attract younger buyers-the sportier new generations of C Class, and the CLA/A classes.
I suppose that makes sense. I do think the "M Sport" or "AMG Sport" (or whatever it is being called) will change the demographic of buyers but perhaps this does not materially change the age profile of buyers.

I agree that the CLA (and other similar cars) have reduced the age of drivers buying an MB as the car is at a lower price point and can be purchased by younger people who typically have less disposable income. Add this to the sportier looks then you have a win for MB - they are touching on a new younger customer base that will probably buy a few more MBs later on.

I remember when I brought my W204 when I was 25 and everyone was telling me that an MB was for older people - apparently I should be getting a BMW instead... But ultimately you get the car you want more rather than what what other people say you should be getting.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by dtc100
Let's suppose you are right to believe that C450 is a true AMG because MB told you so. I am afraid no one would believe you, because it does not have a true AMG badge at the right place.

My suggestion is, as soon as you drive your new C450 off the lot, waste no time, head straight to a shop and ask them to slap an AMG badge on the butt.

You do not want a 15 year old to laugh at you when you give him the story that MB salesman says my car is a true AMG, when he can easily see you don't have that badge in the right place;)
And for those of us who debadge our cars I guess it doesn't matter huh??? Some like it HOT, some like to keep em guessing.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Mr Enigma, I only feel compelled to respond when someone, like coladin above, posts complete nonsense which is passed off as fact. The C450 is being sold by MB as an AMG. That is not opinion, that is cold hard fact. It's the c63 owners whose noses have been put out of joint that keep stoking the fires,not me.
I'm happy not to say another word on the subject now that MB press release is available for all to read which confirms the true facts regarding where this car sits in their AMG line up.
you are right... There is the C450 AMG that slots below the C630 AMG. Oh wait...
Old 03-03-2015, 08:50 AM

Ford Focus
Dtc100, I have no interest in badges and would prefer to debadge competely if this is an option as it is with bmw.

This whole debate was kicked off by another poster's thread which asked if you can buy AMG badges to stick on the back of the c450. That brought out incredible levels of snobbery from C63 owners with some ridiculous comments from posters such as jrcart.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:05 AM

C63 AMG Edition-507, C32 AMG (Sold), E55 AMG (Sold)
Dtc100, I have no interest in badges and would prefer to debadge competely if this is an option as it is with bmw.

This whole debate was kicked off by another poster's thread which asked if you can buy AMG badges to stick on the back of the c450. That brought out incredible levels of snobbery from C63 owners with some ridiculous comments from posters such as jrcart.
Good morning Everyone,

In the AMG PL forum, people of authority have stated "A Car Tuned by AMG, is NOT a True AMG. " It is that PLAIN and SIMPLE folks. Although the ad, marketing, and to some degree some badging indicates this is an AMG, it probably and most likely a half-baked, poser, fake, wannabe, AMG.

Have a great day everyone.

Drive safe,
MBenzC32

Last edited by mbenzc32; 03-03-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:21 AM

Ford Focus
Arggghhhhhhh,
I can just imagine the total denial on the AMB PL forum. It is not just AMG tuned. Here are just a few extracts from MB official press release for the c450:

"The AMG brand promise....can now be experienced by an even broader target group. The C450 AMG 4MATIC expands the product range with another new AMG. An attractive entry into the world of AMG...the characteristic AMG body styling leaves no doubt that this model is part of the Mercedes-AMG model family"
Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 AM

Arggghhhhhhh,
I can just imagine the total denial on the AMB PL forum. It is not just AMG tuned. Here are just a few extracts from MB official press release for the c450:

"The AMG brand promise....can now be experienced by an even broader target group. The C450 AMG 4MATIC expands the product range with another new AMG. An attractive entry into the world of AMG...the characteristic AMG body styling leaves no doubt that this model is part of the Mercedes-AMG model family"
The engine has not gone through the same build process as a true AMG. If that is key to your purchase then this is not the car for you.

BTW, knowing from previous posts that you are in the UK you'll be interested to know that the most recent review of the car say that the car won't be available in the UK until June 2016.

'Left-hand-drive markets get the C450 from June 2015. UK sales, however, don’t start until June 2016. Why? Because this is the first 4Matic C-class, and engineering the application for right-hand drive is responsible for the delay.'

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...c-2015-review/
Old 03-03-2015, 09:39 AM

Ford Focus
Mr Enigma, what do you mean by "True AMG"? It's either an AMG or it isn't. And it is. I personally couldn't care whether it is or not as I've stated on many posts that the "one man one engine" thing means nothing to me. That is way down on my list of priorities for a new car, below where the cup holders are placed.
The AMG brand is evolving with this car. The statement "if it hasn't got a hand built engine it isn't an AMG" is no longer correct. The statement "AMG cars towards the high end of the range tend to have hand built engines" is now more accurate.

Disappointing news on the release date as I ain't getting a left hand drive. Will you hang on for it?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by mbenzc32
Good morning Everyone,

In the AMG PL forum, people of authority have stated "A Car Tuned by AMG, is NOT a True AMG. " It is that PLAIN and SIMPLE folks. Although the ad, marketing, and so some degree some badging indicates this is an AMG, it probably and most likely a half-baked, poser, fake, wannabe, AMG.[I]]

Drive safe,
MBenzC32
It may be half baked, but it'll beat my former C32 and yours. Stock and modded.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:55 AM

Mr Enigma, what do you mean by "True AMG"? It's either an AMG or it isn't. And it is. I personally couldn't care whether it is or not as I've stated on many posts that the "one man one engine" thing means nothing to me. That is way down on my list of priorities for a new car, below where the cup holders are placed.
The AMG brand is evolving with this car. The statement "if it hasn't got a hand built engine it isn't an AMG". The statement "AMG cars towards the high end of the range tend to have hand built engines" is now more accurate.

Disappointing news on the release date as I ain't getting a left hand drive. Will you hang on for it?
I personally don't care if it has an AMG brand on it or not, so a debate on this point and whether it's an AMG or not doesn't interest me in the slightest. I just want a capable car for my personal needs and wants. But from your posts you do care about the products AMG identity.

Hypothetically, I wonder if in 6 months post C450 purchase you will be twitching at the prospect of moving into a C63(/S)?

Regarding release date: I very much doubt the left-hand drive will be offered in the UK. I'm not sure if I will wait. My initial response would be to say I would wait because I can't see anything in that level of performance that beats the C class at this moment in time. If I get the C200 I can see myself wanting to move away from it after a few years because it might feel underpowered for my long term needs. I just sold my Audi R8 V10 last Friday but I barely drove that in the last year, racking up less than 2k miles. I did more driving in my wife's car since it's preferable for short trips to the shops and gym etc. I suppose I could upgrade my wife's car in the meantime which is what we were planning to do anyway...

Who knows what the future holds - the June 2016 date could just be speculation by the article and they bring it out sooner? I hope so.

[EDIT: Surely you must understand that this is just a large marketing ploy by MB for them to say it is a true AMG for the sole purpose of encouraging sales? Once MB have broken into the market and gained enough market share (which I think they will do with this product) they will probably ease off the mass marketing as a true AMG. This is probably a very heavily discussed and argued marketing choice for them - a very risky one as well.]

Last edited by Mr Enigma; 03-03-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:09 AM

C63 AMG Edition-507, C32 AMG (Sold), E55 AMG (Sold)
Arggghhhhhhh,

Hello trueblue_lps,

Lets think about this for a minute. If this is as SIMPLE as a REAL and TRUE AMG, these C450 AMG Sport owners would have been given access to the AMG PL forum website. The FACT that it is a [I]half-baked, poser, fake, wannabe AMG,[I] they are NOT given access to the AMG PL forum my friend. PLUS they do not get the privilege of participating in the ADA Driving Academy at a discounted rate.

Drive safe,
MBenzC32
Old 03-03-2015, 10:37 AM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
The AMG brand is evolving with this car. The statement "if it hasn't got a hand built engine it isn't an AMG" is no longer correct. The statement "AMG cars towards the high end of the range tend to have hand built engines" is now more accurate.

A true AMG has been renamed and rebranded. No longer is it Mercedes-Benz AMG. There are Mercedes-Benz models, such as the C450. Then there are Mercedes-AMG models. Like the C63.

It doesn't get an clearer than that. AMGs have 2 numbers nomenclature, not 3. Mercede-Benz models have 3. Mercedes-AMG have 2. Again, it is as clear as day the difference.

You bang your head against the wall pal. You are right about one thing, the AMG brand has evolved. Some like to say "diluted", I prefer to think of it as spirinkling their engineering prowess and bits in the Mercedes-Benz lineup. The evolution is the new name: Mercedes-AMG.

And the C450 does not belong in that group of cars.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM

2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Good morning Everyone,

In the AMG PL forum, people of authority have stated "A Car Tuned by AMG, is NOT a True AMG. " It is that PLAIN and SIMPLE folks. Although the ad, marketing, and to some degree some badging indicates this is an AMG, it probably and most likely a half-baked, poser, fake, wannabe, AMG.

Drive safe,
MBenzC32
See, I don't think the car has to be disparaged though. Most people around here get it, notably the AMG owners that this car is not an AMG. However, losers who want to proclaim this car as an AMG will be laughed at but I don't see why the car has to be dragged into this. I think it is going to be a great car, and critics so far agree.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by coladin
See, I don't think the car has to be disparaged though. Most people around here get it, notably the AMG owners that this car is not an AMG. However, losers who want to proclaim this car as an AMG will be laughed at but I don't see why the car has to be dragged into this. I think it is going to be a great car, and critics so far agree.
+1.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:54 AM

Ford Focus
coladin, MB state the c450 is part of the Mercedes-AMG group of cars. Fact.
It is an AMG car. Fact. have you read their press release? I can't see how they can have made it any clearer. It is a new car in the AMG range of cars. That is clear and unambiguous.

I agree 100% there is a discussion to be had about what the future holds for AMG with this car. But the discussion about whether it's an AMG or not is redundant. MB are as clear as clear can be that it is.

As for the PL, I fully expect c450 owners to be granted access to this. i bet the same arguments were had when the cla45 was released.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:58 AM

Ford Focus
Mbenz, how do you know this? The car has isn't even been released. We're only now getting the very firSt test drives of it for goodness sake.
The AMG range of cars is expanding, like it or not. There are lots more c450 amg type cars coming.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Jim, as a multiple owner of AMGs myself and also being on the PL, I still don't understand all the vitriol. By the way, I have not ordered one, but the thought of a daily driver with AWD is very appealing in these long winters. A lot of this would go away if MB, in all their wisdom, had seen fit to just give us a C63 S AWD model just like they did with the E class vehicles. You gotta admit, it's a nice looking car with 90% of the C63 capabilities in suspension, brakes, trans and even power . Part or most of the allure of the C450 is it's looks and AWD capabilities. Pricing it at or better than a CLA 45 is the fudge on the sundae for many. Surely it opens up marketing for MB to go after a younger more affluent-to- be crowd. I see it as a win for the brand, MB and buyers of all means. Just because it doesn't have a " hand built" engine from Affalterbach wiil not dissuade many from buying it.

Other companies who have successfully done this are BMW, AUDI and even the former MB Daimler Benz with the SRTDESIGN cars. It's all about marketing and I still maintain that the buyer of a C450 is not posing.

Btw, a freight factoring buddy of mine won't buy AMGs for the pure and simple fact that he and his wife don't like the way they ride and he can buy whatever he wants.
I am not going to lie, I was hoping and praying the W205 C63 would be offered on 4-matic.I would have picked one up for a daily. I was disappointed when I learned it would not be an option. That being said I will not lower my standards and buy a half AMG poser mobile. I would buy a C400 before I bought a fake AMG. I own a non-AMG GL550, I have no issues with non-AMG MB's.

I guess we will have to agree to disgree on the topic of wheter or not it is a poser ride. I say it is and you say it is not, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Bottom line it is a slippery slope and where do you draw the line. This could open the door to even more vanilla offerings from MB being labled with the AMG name and AMG badging. I simply do not like the direction they are taking things.

As for the CLA45, not sure what you are getting at. I would take a CLA45 over a C450 any day of the week. I have a very very good friend with a CLA45, it is bone stock right now, let me know when you take delviery of your C450 so we can line both cars up and see which one is quicker. I put my money on the CLA45.

Last edited by jrcart; 03-03-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fact is, they're making it. It's going to be 90% of the C63 at less than a fully loaded CLA45. It looks like a C63 and even has tiny little AMG stickers on the front quarters. We need to get over it. It's coming like a locomotive and all the complaining in the world won't stop it.
Sorry, but it is probably less than 70% of the AMG C63. Smaller brakes, different transmission and over 100 less HP.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yep, the C450 is a real AMG....right up until the time a C63 pulls up next to you at a stoplight lol.

#C450 #fakeamg
Old 03-03-2015, 12:40 PM

2020 CLA 45,2018 C63 Coupe,2016 C43,2014 CLA45,2013 C350 Coupe,
Hello trueblue_lps,

Lets think about this for a minute. If this is as SIMPLE as a REAL and TRUE AMG, these C450 AMG Sport owners would have been given access to the AMG PL forum website. The FACT that it is a [I]half-baked, poser, fake, wannabe AMG,[I] they are NOT given access to the AMG PL forum my friend. PLUS they do not get the privilege of participating in the ADA Driving Academy at a discounted rate.

Drive safe,
MBenzC32

Well Said Mbenzc32 on comment above

It looks like i will be one of those buying the C450 for my wife because she likes it but no way will I ever say it's a real AMG just an AMG sport package with a tune. so the bottom line is that people will believe its an AMG no matter what you say to them and for that more power to them..

Last edited by VFORCE09; 03-03-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:18 PM

E90 335i
Another hilarious thread on this topic.... people put WAY too much stock in a simple badge around here. Worry about the car, not the name of the car. I don't think anybody in here is arguing that the C450 is faster or a better track day super star than the C63. The 450 is interesting to me. I will never take my daily driver to a race track. I want something with a bit of luxury. I commute 7 miles a day, mostly in traffic. I don't need something thats rip roaring snorting and shooting flames out of its tail pipes to prove something in those 7 miles. That said when I get on the highway I want to have plenty of power to put the car where I want it to be and when I want it to be there. When I do go on the occasional longer drive I want it to be engaging and interesting to drive. C450 seems to be a sweet spot for me. Literally don't give a flying **** if it says AMG on it or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport Is One Fast Poser