C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport Is One Fast Poser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E90 335i
Originally Posted by jrcart
Yep, the C450 is a real AMG....right up until the time a C63 pulls up next to you at a stoplight lol.

#C450 #fakeamg
Your posts are actually embarrassing to read. I still can't fathom why you get so worked up about this. Do Major League ball players get pissed that the little leaguers are wearing their logos and colors? Its blowing my mind that somebody with cars like yours is insecure enough to give this more than 2 seconds of thought, yet every time C450 AMG is mentioned jrcart comes in guns blazing.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by trueblue_ips
coladin, MB state the c450 is part of the Mercedes-AMG group of cars. Fact.
It is an AMG car. Fact. have you read their press release? I can't see how they can have made it any clearer. It is a new car in the AMG range of cars. That is clear and unambiguous.

I agree 100% there is a discussion to be had about what the future holds for AMG with this car. But the discussion about whether it's an AMG or not is redundant. MB are as clear as clear can be that it is.

As for the PL, I fully expect c450 owners to be granted access to this. i bet the same arguments were had when the cla45 was released.

You choose to read it differently, I nor anyone here cannot help you with that. There are two companies, so to speak, Merce4des-Benz and Mercedes-AMG. This was done to separate the brands. The C450 is in the M-Benz side of it, one only has to look at the AMG side, the Mercedes-AMG side, and see what cars are on that list. It is not there nor will it ever be as every AMG has two numbers, not three. If that is not good enough for you, I will consider you a poser. Enough is enough.

The Private Lounge? Good luck with that!

Last edited by coladin; 03-03-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by bwoodbmw
Your posts are actually embarrassing to read. I still can't fathom why you get so worked up about this. Do Major League ball players get pissed that the little leaguers are wearing their logos and colors? Its blowing my mind that somebody with cars like yours is insecure enough to give this more than 2 seconds of thought, yet every time C450 AMG is mentioned jrcart comes in guns blazing.

+1

Dont forget his obvious need to mention he has a ****load of money and everyone besides him are stupid and ignorant
Old 03-03-2015, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
coladin, MB state the c450 is part of the Mercedes-AMG group of cars. Fact.
It is an AMG car. Fact. have you read their press release? I can't see how they can have made it any clearer. It is a new car in the AMG range of cars. That is clear and unambiguous.

I agree 100% there is a discussion to be had about what the future holds for AMG with this car. But the discussion about whether it's an AMG or not is redundant. MB are as clear as clear can be that it is.

As for the PL, I fully expect c450 owners to be granted access to this. i bet the same arguments were had when the cla45 was released.
NO. It is one of 2 "AMG Sport Models", FACT. The "AMG Sport Models" are a new prodcut line, FACT. This new model line is cheaper and more accessable than the AMG prodcut line.

"The GLE 450 AMG Coupé is our first sports model, and further highly emotional and performance-oriented models will follow in the near future. The new product line from Mercedes-AMG has allowed us to make true sports car technology and the fascination of motorsports more accessible", says Tobias Moers

Tobias Moers, Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-AMG GmbH explains: "With the C 450 AMG we present the second sporty and emotionally expressive vehicle in our product line."

AMG Sport Models = 2 cars C450 and GLE450 = separate new product line

They sure got the emotionally expressive part covered with these cars.

There was no argument/debate with acceptance of the CLA45.

Next, you are going to expect a free AMG Driving Academy day with a C450 purchase too
Old 03-03-2015, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Yep, the C450 is a real AMG....right up until the time a C63 pulls up next to you at a stoplight lol.

#C450 #fakeamg

That's why I love you Jim. You brought a smile to my face with the hashtags.

#c63 #beateninrainbyC450 #c63ownerallupset

You know what Jim, I may just get one to **** you off and I'm going to drive to Naperville just to show you I'm going to debadge it so you won't know what the f&@? it is
Old 03-03-2015, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by bwoodbmw

Don't get all upset with JRCART. He's just being silly and has nothing better to do with his time here and on PL than aggravate me. I gotta admit that Jim's hashtags got me a big laugh though!!!

Seriously, this is the same butt hurt argument that Audiaficionados and bimmer guys made when they introduced the Sportline and the M235 M sport. It's a natural evolution and nothing will stop it. The C450 is coming to a suburb near you!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:58 PM

Ford Focus
You guys cannot read. It is NOT part of the Mercedes-Benz line up. Not. Definately not.
It IS part of the Mercedes-AMG line up. It is. It definately is. Mercedes AMG. Get it?
I think you're all just disgruntled c63 owners or trolls. I hate trolls.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
I hate trolls.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by kuba.95
Lol
Old 03-03-2015, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Don't get all upset with JRCART. He's just being silly and has nothing better to do with his time here and on PL than aggravate me. I gotta admit that Jim's hashtags got me a big laugh though!!!

Seriously, this is the same butt hurt argument that Audiaficionados and bimmer guys made when they introduced the Sportline and the M235 M sport. It's a natural evolution and nothing will stop it. The C450 is coming to a suburb near you!!!
Head on out, I will run you in the rain in my Raptor

Search Youtube for some passes at Byron in my Raptor at one of the fast Ford events two years ago.

#myraptorisamustangbeater
Old 03-03-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Tobias Moers- AMG boss -"I don’t care about the niche brand, I don’t even care about the exclusive brand,” Moers told motoring.com.au at last week’s global launch drive of the new C 63 and C 450 in Portugal.

“AMG is the performance and sports car brand of Mercedes-Benz cars and if you bring cars to the market which are representing the AMG approach and attitude – driving performance – in that segment, then you don’t have a problem with the brand.

“The cars must fit into our brand approach, which is driving performance. If you step into the sport model segment with the C 450 – if it comes to a competitive test with our competitors, a comparison with the Audi S5 or whatever — then our car must be in front.”
Old 03-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Received 522 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
You guys cannot read. It is NOT part of the Mercedes-Benz line up. Not. Definately not.
It IS part of the Mercedes-AMG line up. It is. It definately is. Mercedes AMG. Get it?
I think you're all just disgruntled c63 owners or trolls. I hate trolls.

So do we.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:41 PM

CLA45 AMG
No one has claimed an M sport is an M car, or an S line is an RS car. So it is not the SAME "butt hurt argument".

So far the only BMW model reaches "faking" point is the M235i, where the M badge appears at the rear end.

I will say it again, people can believe what they want, they can say because MB said the C450 is an AMG, it must be. But in reality no one will believe it when there is not an AMG badge at the rear end.

Now who will be butt hurt?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by dtc100
No one has claimed an M sport is an M car, or an S line is an RS car. So it is not the SAME "butt hurt argument".

So far the only BMW model reaches "faking" point is the M235i, where the M badge appears at the rear end.

I will say it again, people can believe what they want, they can say because MB said the C450 is an AMG, it must be. But in reality no one will believe it when there is not an AMG badge at the rear end.

Now who will be butt hurt?
From all the chiming in from the CLA guys, I can see there's a real fear that the new 205 C class will dominate the CLA/C class arena. There's no need for an AMG badge because it's going to be a great car, right on the heels of the C63. AMG or not, it's a great car with a lot of potential.

Oh, and the 235M Sport has the bimmer guys all up in arms too. Just like they got over it, so too will the AMG guys. The C450 is not going away.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:28 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Not that it's power I care about. For my geographical location, the car is already plenty fast, I care about power curve, effortless delivery and chassis/handling balance and overall engineering precision. That's where the C450 appears to matter most against the C400 and other W205's where elements of that are missing, imo. However, 4.9 seconds is less than what I expected. Not sure if this is using a DCT or M-B "Tronic" slush box? If slush box, then why back to the 7G?

On another hand, AMG has always based itself around HP more than M has. I can wrap my head around a "proper" M with less propensity on brute HP and more on overall chassis dynamics, but "AMG" to me has always stood for brute power first.

I appreciate a sharper balanced C Class (though am weary about it introducing an uncharacteristic harsh ride as various modern M-B's that even attempt sportiness have had a significant problem with this), and having AMG key it in is obviously the way M-B is gonna get it done in a competitive manner so it's a bit marketing and a bit fundamental, but putting the AMG badge and moniker is still perplexing and telling in which market they value most, and how the boardroom wants the company to be run. AMG garners the vocal enthusiasts who may be small in numbers, but huge in influence. You never want to p!ss on enthusiasts, and even if you're not, you want to at least appear like an enthusiast centric company.

Really, M-B are just following BMW's "lead" here. BMW has been whoring out the M badge like crazy for a while now, and AMG held off better. Now, naturally as these Germans unfortunately do, they're following close suit of their competitors.

I'm excited about the C450, to try it out and see how it stacks up. But to say that it gives me less incentive to consider an actual AMG car who do price in the badge and exclusivity factor (i.e you are paying for it) or lessen upholding AMG up to its "special" hierarchy would be an understatement. Same exact thing happened with BMW when I was so enthusiastic about the M3, until I just couldn't shake how much "M3" whoring out regular 3's can get, thus diminishing a part of what's built into its price, thus making it less "worth it", to me.

Last edited by K-A; 03-03-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:35 PM

CLA45 AMG
From all the chiming in from the CLA guys, I can see there's a real fear that the new 205 C class will dominate the CLA/C class arena. There's no need for an AMG badge because it's going to be a great car, right on the heels of the C63. AMG or not, it's a great car with a lot of potential.

Oh, and the 235M Sport has the bimmer guys all up in arms too. Just like they got over it, so too will the AMG guys. The C450 is not going away.
Rest assured CLA45 drivers do not fear C Class domination, if nothing else C drivers are in a totally different segment with different priorities.

I never looked down on C450, I'd be happy to see it succeed.

My only caution is to someone who believes his C450 will be a true AMG, keep that thought to yourself, because without that badge in the proper place, no one will believe you if you try to let out that thought.

On the other hand if MB succeeds in having everyone believe C450 is a true AMG, it will have a significant impact when one considers moving up from a CLA45 to C63 or higher.

Last edited by dtc100; 03-03-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
4.9 is MBs numbers. Tests are running 4.5 and 4.6 so doNT get too excited . They advertised the CLA45 at less than 5.0 as well, so don't go by what MB SAYS. I am fully expecting < 4.5 on the car with its AWD capabilities and in the 3s with a tune. It's still in its infancy.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:42 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
4.9 is MBs numbers. Tests are running 4.5 and 4.6 so doNT get too excited . They advertised the CLA45 at less than 5.0 as well, so don't go by what MB SAYS. I am fully expecting < 4.5 on the car with its AWD capabilities and in the 3s with a tune. It's still in its infancy.
What were/are M-B's test numbers on the C400? I'd assume maybe a .3 difference with the 450, which aligns right around with its 33 HP advantage, I guess. Have they mentioned whether it'll be heavier or lighter than the C400?

BTW, does it come with the option of without a sunroof in the states (or does the C63, for that matter)?
Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,329 Likes on 2,058 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
In the 3's? I want whatever you are smoking

I think you are just a bit too optimistic in the capabilities of the car. MB already worked the engine, transmission & 4matic to get it where it is...
It's a budget sports cruiser, a nice one at that but not much more. If they would have dropped the V8TT in there (M278 ), this would have been a wicked car no matter the badge.

Last edited by Wolfman; 03-03-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wolfman
In the 3's? I want whatever you are smoking

I think you are just a bit too optimistic in the capabilities of the car. MB already worked the engine, transmission & 4matic to get it where it is...
It's a budget sports cruiser, a nice one at that but not much more. If they would have dropped the V8TT in there (M278 ), this would have been a wicked car no matter the badge.
Yes, you are 100% correct. He is grossly miscalculating the potential of the motor. It is already "tweaked" from the factory. No different than when comparing the 475hp C63 with the 507 hp C63 507. Throw a headers and tune on a standard C63 and you can gain an extra 75 hp, throw the same headers adn tune on a 507 and you will only gain about 45hp. The truth of the matter is a company like Wesitec wil be able to get the exact same hp out of a C400 or a C450 because they are the exact same motor. Newzchspy is a smart guy, took his C32 to the limit but his views of reality on the C450 are being clouded for some reason.

Last edited by jrcart; 03-04-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Yes, you are 100% correct. He is grossly miscalculating the potential of the motor. It is already "tweaked" from the factory. No different than when comparing the 475hp C63 with the 507 hp C63 507. Throw a headers and tune on a standard C63 and you can gain an extra 75 hp, throw the same headers adn tune on a 507 and you will only gain about 45hp. The truth of the matter is a company like Wesitec wil be able to get the exact same hp out of a C400 or a C450 because they are the exact same motor. Newzchspy is a smart guy, took his C32 to the limit but his views of reality on the C450 are being clouded for some reason.
You forgot about the Kleemann

As to the C450, I think you're ALL prejudging the car because they saw fit to put a $.50 cent decal on the two front fenders!! If they didn't put those on there, you all would be praising it to the high heavens, the kind of car you'd buy for your daughter or your wife (or yourself perhaps for the winter!!) !!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You forgot about the Kleemann

As to the C450, I think you're ALL prejudging the car because they saw fit to put a $.50 cent decal on the two front fenders!! If they didn't put those on there, you all would be praising it to the high heavens, the kind of car you'd buy for your daughter or your wife (or yourself perhaps for the winter!!) !!
I would not buy my wife a fake AMG, she gets run of the mill MB's or rral AMGs, she has a 2013 GL550. As soon as MB releases the S550 coupe cabrio she will be getting one of those for a summer car, I may even spring for the AMG version for her but there is no chance in hell in me buying her the AMG Sport version. Hell, the direction AMG is headed I might have to throw her in a Jag XKR convert.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
1st and foremost - Jim is the man! Preacher tells the truth and it hurts.

I also agree with Newxchspy - I would have liked the C450, and recommended it to friends and family. . . had they not marketed they way they did. Now it's a car for a very different demographic.

Trueblue-ips has (most unfortunately) defined this demographic.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts
2024 GLS450
I think perhaps the best thing to do is ignore the name and look at the car underneath. It's got a hell of a lot going for it.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:02 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
I think perhaps the best thing to do is ignore the name and look at the car underneath. It's got a hell of a lot going for it.
I totally agree.I don't understand what all the anger and trash talk is about for the C450.If it has what your looking for and is in your price range,what is the problem with what Mercedes calls it?It seems to me much ado about nothing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport Is One Fast Poser