C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport Is One Fast Poser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA45 AMG
Few people here really cares what you drive, it is a rebadged Audi, much like the S3 you liked so much, is a rebadged VW.

In fact, had you planned to test drive the new Golf R, instead of the rebadged VW S3, we would have considered you more honest.

I have yet read anyone calling an AMG a rebadged Smart.

The closest we have come to is calling the C450 possibly stealing the AMG name. There are two schools of thoughts on this subject.

Personally I don't take a strong position with either side. It is what it is, MB, like all other brands, has to achieve profit goals.

The same reason why Porsche has to branch out to build sedans and SUVs, neither of which has to do with showcasing their heritage, only to make profit.

Last edited by dtc100; 03-09-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S205
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Take it to the Isle of Man & see what happens. AMG cars in general overpower their chassis capability.
So rather then admitting you were caught showing ignorance on the subject and that your claim was dead wrong, you now claim the Nordschleife is not worthy as a test track.

Good luck with that...

For someone who was strangely Star struck when visiting your supposed local Benz Dealer, sharing all those pictures you took at the visit, and for someone who spends so much time and effort on this bord, sharing so much from your fabulous life. It sure is out of character, that you never took time out to snap a few piccies while you were test driving all those supercars you mention.

Like for example the other day when you told us McLaren let you test drive their cars.

Perhaps when you get "real experience" with the new AMG GT, (from your description, it sounds like AMG is very eager to let you test drive it) we will be lucky enough to see a piccie or two?
Old 03-09-2015, 01:56 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by dtc100
Few people here really cares what you drive, it is a rebadged Audi, much like the S3 you liked so much, is a rebadged VW.

In fact, had you planned to test drive the new Golf R, instead of the rebadged VW S3, we would have considered you more honest.

I have yet read anyone calling an AMG a rebadged Smart.

The closest we have come to is calling the C450 possibly stealing the AMG name. There are two schools of thoughts on this subject.

Personally I don't take a strong position with either side. It is what it is, MB, like all other brands, has to achieve profit goals.

The same reason why Porsche has to branch out to build sedans and SUVs, neither of which has to do with showcasing their heritage, only to make profit.
Give it a rest man. Your knowledge here is as incomprehensible as your writing style is. Who cares. Stay on at least one topic.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
I can't believe how some posters are freaking out over what Mercedes calls their models.Whats wrong with looking at the specs,driving it and then deciding wether it is what you want?I thought some of the BMW people were a little crazy when talking about the 335 Msport and the M3,but some posters here are downright nasty in their comments on the C450.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by Eilers
So rather then admitting you were caught showing ignorance on the subject and that your claim was dead wrong, you now claim the Nordschleife is not worthy as a test track.

Good luck with that...

For someone who was strangely Star struck when visiting your supposed local Benz Dealer, sharing all those pictures you took at the visit, and for someone who spends so much time and effort on this bord, sharing so much from your fabulous life. It sure is out of character, that you never took time out to snap a few piccies while you were test driving all those supercars you mention.

Like for example the other day when you told us McLaren let you test drive their cars.

Perhaps when you get "real experience" with the new AMG GT, (from your description, it sounds like AMG is very eager to let you test drive it) we will be lucky enough to see a piccie or two?
I really could not be bothered to argue with you & your myopia. I stand by my statement that to date AMG cars have generally been overpowered for their chassis capability & most would agree with me.

I also agree with most motoring scribes that cars that do well on the Nordschleife are pretty awful to drive on public roads. I've only been round the Nordschleife once as a passenger in a Porsche. I have not driven the GT as previously stated and even if I had I would be far more interested in one of our top SA race drivers that would be present's comments than my own & his lap times vs, other recorded vehicles on the track.

My Typical invites look like this from MBSA. This being the last for the babies. Our last AMG day was approx August 2014. I look forward to the next one.

One swallow does not make a spring!

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 03-09-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:23 AM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by K-A
Give it a rest man. Your knowledge here is as incomprehensible as your writing style is. Who cares. Stay on at least one topic.
Happy to see you finally use shorter paragraphs. Welcome to the new world, where phone apps are the new norm.

Where if the first few words don't catch people, they skip them all together. A frightening thought looking back at your Macan tributes, isn't it?

If we can go on, I can get you to write in less than 250 characters per post. But you are right, on topic first bro.

Last edited by dtc100; 03-09-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
While it is true that AMG has in the past overpowered their chassis, that is no longer the case with the new C63 or GT S. The other AWD AMG cars like the CLS63 and E63 have been transformed also so this is a past notion really. The SLS Black, CLK63 Black and C63 Black were stunning handlers, not overpowering their chassis in the least.

M
Old 03-09-2015, 12:28 PM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by Germancar1
While it is true that AMG has in the past overpowered their chassis, that is no longer the case with the new C63 or GT S. The other AWD AMG cars like the CLS63 and E63 have been transformed also so this is a past notion really. The SLS Black, CLK63 Black and C63 Black were stunning handlers, not overpowering their chassis in the least.

M
Since tires are the ones to quit before any modern chassis, and power to unbalance the car, saying engine overpowering chassis is somewhat oxymoron anyway.

If a car is surper balanced and easy to drive at the limit, it is because the engine doesn't deliver, or electronic nannies doing the work for the driver.

Not the most fun thing to do if it gets too clinical and flawless that the driver does not see the need for added effort or skill.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:30 PM

C450 (pre-ordered Jan 14)
Hey Guys, This thread (and others) has clearly metastasized beyond its original intent and at this point it's only serving to **** people off as they attack/defend positions that have nothing to do with the C Class W205. Any chance we could just kill it? (and the other's that have devolved into mud throwing too??)

I'm just here to learn about the C450, and I'd really like to learn from people up here. Most of you know far more about all things Mercedes than I, so I'm hoping we can get back to more relevant/calm/objective discussions of the C450. Please?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I'm super interested in price points for the c450 and options it'll have to choose from.

Also curious if maintenance will be as costly as an amg (brakes, rotors, trans and brake flush services)
Old 03-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Germancar1

M
I agree with that! I have made it quite plain that I was talking about previous cooking model AMG's The only car in your list I might not agree with is the CLK63 Black. With the nannies turned off it was a real handful.

Now ~ back on topic please.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will there be a coupe for all 3 models, C300, C450 and C63 ?

When might we see the W205 coupe?
Old 03-09-2015, 02:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CLA-250, C-300
Originally Posted by SLOW C240
Will there be a coupe for all 3 models, C300, C450 and C63 ?

When might we see the W205 coupe?
I remember reading somewhere that the w205 will have the most variations of body style to date. coupe, convertible, sedan. I assume if there is a demand for it a coupe C450 AMG would be possible. They might even make a CLE (mid range between CLA and CLS based on the C platform).
Old 03-09-2015, 02:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by Dabo
Hey Guys, This thread (and others) has clearly metastasized beyond its original intent and at this point it's only serving to **** people off as they attack/defend positions that have nothing to do with the C Class W205. Any chance we could just kill it? (and the other's that have devolved into mud throwing too??)

I'm just here to learn about the C450, and I'd really like to learn from people up here. Most of you know far more about all things Mercedes than I, so I'm hoping we can get back to more relevant/calm/objective discussions of the C450. Please?

Let me put it to you this way Dabo, since you need input on this car.

I love my C400. It is a great car. Personally, coming from 2 AMGs, I like the suspension setup in the C400, even in its firmest setting, is good enough for me right now. Doesn't beat me up and still rewards with a firm, well controlled ride.

I think the C450 will be firmer and for those who are okay with it, I think it will make this car and chassis sing. I debated to wait for the C450, but decided against another car that was probably going to ride like my 507, or close to it. I don't like the grill, but everything else is a winner, except for the wheels. Those, imo, are ugly. But I am sure there are other options for those who don't like them.

Love all the AMG touches, in a sense for me it seems more of the way AMG used to be. They get a Mercedes, bring it to AMG, and they tune it and there you go. Of course AMG got so big that now they have their own line, Mercedes-AMG. Just be sure to call your car like it is and jrcart and myself and others won't call you a poser!

I agree with the first reviews, this car is an absolute winner.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 PM

C450 (pre-ordered Jan 14)
Thanks Coladin. I'm with you on those wheels. The ones they're showing in most of the C450 photos are terrible!

Here are a few unconfirmed guesses I've gathered from lurking and googling the C450 every day...
  • The MSRP pricing in the US appears to be somewhere between $50-$52k for the base C450. If the C400 pattern holds true, most will price up in the $56k range and fully optioned units might hit $60k.
  • It appears as if it will be possible to order cars in the June time frame with deliveries closer to September. No one is really saying for sure.
  • There will be wheel options, so you don't need to worry about the ugly ones in the first-pics of the C450. That seems to be a consensus.
  • That terrific Burmeister stereo that I believe is standard in the C400 will NOT be standard in the C450. That seems odd to say the least, but it looks as if you'll still be able to order the Burmiester as an option.
  • MB Tex is standard, Leather will be an option. As someone who's never owned an MB before, it seems a bit strange to sell a car over $50k without leather being standard. ???
  • 360 degree camera will be an option, since the problem of coexistence with the NAV units seems to have been solved. Let's hope so.
  • Not sure on dash treatments. Piano Black, Wood, Carbon Fiber? Which is standard? Will all be available?
  • Will all seatbelts be red? - I can't get a read on this one.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:09 PM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by Dabo
Thanks Coladin. I'm with you on those wheels. The ones they're showing in most of the C450 photos are terrible!

Here are a few unconfirmed guesses I've gathered from lurking and googling the C450 every day...
  • The MSRP pricing in the US appears to be somewhere between $50-$52k for the base C450. If the C400 pattern holds true, most will price up in the $56k range and fully optioned units might hit $60k.
  • It appears as if it will be possible to order cars in the June time frame with deliveries closer to September. No one is really saying for sure.
  • There will be wheel options, so you don't need to worry about the ugly ones in the first-pics of the C450. That seems to be a consensus.
  • That terrific Burmeister stereo that I believe is standard in the C400 will NOT be standard in the C450. That seems odd to say the least, but it looks as if you'll still be able to order the Burmiester as an option.
  • MB Tex is standard, Leather will be an option. As someone who's never owned an MB before, it seems a bit strange to sell a car over $50k without leather being standard. ???
  • 360 degree camera will be an option, since the problem of coexistence with the NAV units seems to have been solved. Let's hope so.
  • Not sure on dash treatments. Piano Black, Wood, Carbon Fiber? Which is standard? Will all be available?
  • Will all seatbelts be red? - I can't get a read on this one.
Some additional input on my side, UK centric. Like you I have been looking this up quite frequently...

Leather is an option, as is the Burmiester system. This is the case with all UK w205s.
Red seatbelts are also an option - I read somewhere that these were not standard.
Dash will be available in CF. I think Aluminium is going to be standard (this is just my assumption).
Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Happy to see you finally use shorter paragraphs. Welcome to the new world, where phone apps are the new norm.

Where if the first few words don't catch people, they skip them all together. A frightening thought looking back at your Macan tributes, isn't it?

If we can go on, I can get you to write in less than 250 characters per post. But you are right, on topic first bro.
Just so you know. Everytime you mention the name of my car, I donate 10 cents to a fund of my own to buy a second one. Because it's that good as you seem to keep concurring.

I'm close. Keep going and I'm gonna do a C450 as #3!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Since tires are the ones to quit before any modern chassis, and power to unbalance the car, saying engine overpowering chassis is somewhat oxymoron anyway.

If a car is surper balanced and easy to drive at the limit, it is because the engine doesn't deliver, or electronic nannies doing the work for the driver.

Not the most fun thing to do if it gets too clinical and flawless that the driver does not see the need for added effort or skill.
That couldn't be further from the truth. A harmonized chassis benefits a driver to use their skills to achieve the best time, which is what racing is all about, and is the most fun. Nothing more exicting than feeling in tune with a tool so precise that you can literally feel the amount of engineering that goes into making it so balanced and in harmony within itself. Good skill on a track isn't all about taming anunwieldy beast. That's a skill on a its own and could be either fun or distractingly annoying and energy sucking.

Originally Posted by bartola
I remember reading somewhere that the w205 will have the most variations of body style to date. coupe, convertible, sedan. I assume if there is a demand for it a coupe C450 AMG would be possible. They might even make a CLE (mid range between CLA and CLS based on the C platform).
Really, a CLE now? Yikes. A C450 Coupe is interesting and I didn't think about that. That could be the real winner here. It'll have to be priced down to earth of course, but if not they'll just discount and incentivize it to move anyway.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Well said KA.

There is thought of bringing the CLK moniker back. That is the most likely scenario.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:04 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Well said KA.

There is thought of bringing the CLK moniker back. That is the most likely scenario.
That would be awesome! I never understood why they quit that name (I get why they would but imo they should've stuck with it).

I'm also personally bummed that they dropped the CL moniker, but that's a whole other topic, lol. I presume a consolidation effort to combat all the new models being released thus trying to avoid further confusion.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:18 PM

Well said KA.

Bringing the "K" back goes against the naming scheme they just introduced. I doubt that's coming back anytime soon.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Bringing the "K" back goes against the naming scheme they just introduced. I doubt that's coming back anytime soon.
Well I'm only reporting what Stuttgart is thinking.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:47 PM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by K-A
That couldn't be further from the truth. A harmonized chassis benefits a driver to use their skills to achieve the best time, which is what racing is all about, and is the most fun. Nothing more exicting than feeling in tune with a tool so precise that you can literally feel the amount of engineering that goes into making it so balanced and in harmony within itself. Good skill on a track isn't all about taming anunwieldy beast. That's a skill on a its own and could be either fun or distractingly annoying and energy sucking.
Just so you know I was talking about race car drivers, and those mod their own cars and track them regularly, not your average car enthusiasts and reviewers.

There is a reason why many race car drivers prefer AMGs, and why many modders/track junkies also prefer Corvettes. The two share a lot of similar DNAs.

Last edited by dtc100; 03-09-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by coladin
Let me put it to you this way Dabo, since you need input on this car.

I love my C400. It is a great car. Personally, coming from 2 AMGs, I like the suspension setup in the C400, even in its firmest setting, is good enough for me right now. Doesn't beat me up and still rewards with a firm, well controlled ride.

I think the C450 will be firmer and for those who are okay with it, I think it will make this car and chassis sing. I debated to wait for the C450, but decided against another car that was probably going to ride like my 507, or close to it. I don't like the grill, but everything else is a winner, except for the wheels. Those, imo, are ugly. But I am sure there are other options for those who don't like them.

Love all the AMG touches, in a sense for me it seems more of the way AMG used to be. They get a Mercedes, bring it to AMG, and they tune it and there you go. Of course AMG got so big that now they have their own line, Mercedes-AMG. Just be sure to call your car like it is and jrcart and myself and others won't call you a poser!

I agree with the first reviews, this car is an absolute winner.

What??? No one was calling it anything other than a C450??? It was the AMG guys, of whom I am also one, calling it a poser car. It was Mercedes in an official press release and at the Geneva car show calling it a C450 AMG Sport.

Not a single prospective owner called it anything other than a C450. As to the suspension, it is adjustable 5 ways, just like the C63 and there's an individual setting, so you can go as soft or firm as you want. Too many are stuck on firmness when it's simply not true. It's adjustable.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:00 AM

S205
Just so you know I was talking about race car drivers, and those mod their own cars and track them regularly, not your average car enthusiasts and reviewers.

There is a reason why many race car drivers prefer AMGs, and why many modders/track junkies also prefer Corvettes. The two share a lot of similar DNAs.

True, they are both refined modern day musclecars that can easily and economically be adapted to your personal preference.

Anyone who ever actually raced a car (and not just watched TV shows or read articles like Glyn M Ruck) would know, you can never get enough power or grip.

A lot of people that reviews cars, have egos much bigger then their talents. People with big egos and less talent, prefer to be able to drive a car on track, basically with the accelerator pinned between corners. They want to be able to slam the throttle, because that's the manly thing to do. (they have seen this at the Movies)

When they get into a car where they can't do this, - they get scared. Then their ego dictate the logic that the car must be overpowered.

Horst Von Saurman's Supertest, has been regarded as the benchmark by the industry for many years now. He still does it, even though he retired from Auto Sport.

The numbers speaks for themselves. The SLS AMG completed the Supertest as fast as the equivalent Porsche and Ferrari.

Stating that the SLS AMG is "Pathetic on a track" just proves my point abouthe author of that remark gets his "insight" from TV shows and articles on the internet.

Last edited by Eilers; 03-10-2015 at 07:16 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport Is One Fast Poser