C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Poor tint job

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:06 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300 RWD Sport Premium
Poor tint job

So let me get your guys point of view on this.

I typically go to Tint World for all my tint jobs. I’ve been going to the same location for the past 10 years and they have tinted at least 4 of my cars including my old 2010 W204 with absolutely no issues at all.
Couple weeks ago I brought in my W205 for its usual tint job. Well to my surprise my guy’s closed shop L. Now a couple bays over they opened up a Tint and Audio shop. Did a quick search on my phone and they appeared to have pretty good reviews. Pics showed them tinting everything from Fords to Ferrari’s. So I figured let’s give these guys a shot. Big mistake! When they were finished in under an hour I knew something had to be wrong. I told the guy you have to redo four of these windows due to scratches all over the tint. They redo the windows and now it appeared that they applied the tint over a dirty window. Now I have dirt particles stuck in between the film and the window. I didn’t have time to argue since I had to head back to the office. The following week I head back to have them redo it! Again scratches everywhere! It looks like the squeegee they’re using is scratching the film. I headed home in disbelief and had to work out all the bubbles myself. I decided to dispute the $270.00 charge on my credit card and move on. Now I have to pay another shop extra money to remove the film and start all over.

What would you guys do? I feel a bit guilty reversing the charge but I refuse to pay for such poor work.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
Why can't you go back to the installer and tell them the work was not acceptable and that you want it taken off?? I've never tried to reverse charges on my credit card so I'm not sure how that works. I would think that the credit card company would at least expect you to try and get a refund from the vendor first. I can't imagine that you could have a charge reversed that easily...I would think the vendor could dispute the attempt to reverse the charges. Good luck in any case though...
Old 03-12-2015, 04:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300 RWD Sport Premium
Originally Posted by NYC-Style
Why can't you go back to the installer and tell them the work was not acceptable and that you want it taken off?? I've never tried to reverse charges on my credit card so I'm not sure how that works. I would think that the credit card company would at least expect you to try and get a refund from the vendor first. I can't imagine that you could have a charge reversed that easily...I would think the vendor could dispute the attempt to reverse the charges. Good luck in any case though...

You basically dispute the charge. It's not that easy of a process and the vendor does have the option of disputing it back. I had to send them pictures, copies of the receipt etc. The reversal has not been approved yet and it may even be denied. I'm convinced that these guys have no idea what they're doing. I may have to just cut my losses and move on.