C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Did you know?

Old 04-25-2015, 02:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C200 (W205) Avantgarde petrol RWD
Originally Posted by digitallust_aus
Do you know what, I was appalled at how quickly I was in and pushed out of the dealership with my new $90,000 car... I reckon the whole process from the point of arriving, to sitting in the drivers seat and leaving the dealership was less than 15 minutes in total.. I know a fair bit about cars and spent a fair bit of time researching the W205 during my 5 month wait for delivery, but I was still left with a lot of unanswered questions..

One absolute classic line from the salesman was " We haven't sold a W205 yet so I don't know much about it, be sure to email me the ins and out of it once you get the hang of it"..... I kid you not...
Lol you were lucky....I got the other extreme. 3 hours of unveiling, photos, trying to sell me protection from bat s$&/, visit to the service centre and an umbrella. I just wanted to get out of there and take the car for a spin I had done my homework before getting the car and there was a bit of a learning curve once I got her home, I don't really know how the dealer can cover all the information anyway in one sitting. I was really knackered by the time I got home=first world problem- I was too tired from buying my Mercedes to enjoy driving it
Old 04-25-2015, 03:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W 205 C 250 AMG line fully loaded and R 172 SLK 250
Which dealership was that? West, south or East? East, in my opinion, delivers the best service.

Do you know what, I was appalled at how quickly I was in and pushed out of the dealership with my new $90,000 car... I reckon the whole process from the point of arriving, to sitting in the drivers seat and leaving the dealership was less than 15 minutes in total.. I know a fair bit about cars and spent a fair bit of time researching the W205 during my 5 month wait for delivery, but I was still left with a lot of unanswered questions..

One absolute classic line from the salesman was " We haven't sold a W205 yet so I don't know much about it, be sure to email me the ins and out of it once you get the hang of it"..... I kid you not...
Old 04-25-2015, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C250 Bluetec AMG Line
Originally Posted by mondodec
Which dealership was that? West, south or East? East, in my opinion, delivers the best service.
West Australia... but to be honest.. I received 10 times better service from Auto Classic when buying the BMW.
I was showed or told nothing... Nothing about my inclusive servicing etc.

Correction to my previous post (he said they hadn't sold a W205 with Airmatic before) All i was shown was how to open the boot with my foot (big deal?) paired my iPhone 6 and pretty much pressed a button that said Nav and said, thats your Sat Nav, pressed a button that said Radio and said, thats your Radio.

Don get me wrong, I don't actually like all the hoo har, but I do like it to feel like they care.. like the team at Auto Classic did.

Ahwell, I got in my car and sped off back to Perth ... Have already made a good contact with Westpoint Star and they have promised that after they lost my vehicle sale, they will ensure they look after me for servicing etc.
Here's hoping..
Old 04-25-2015, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Boudicca
Lol you were lucky....I got the other extreme. 3 hours of unveiling, photos, trying to sell me protection from bat s$&/, visit to the service centre and an umbrella. I just wanted to get out of there and take the car for a spin I had done my homework before getting the car and there was a bit of a learning curve once I got her home, I don't really know how the dealer can cover all the information anyway in one sitting. I was really knackered by the time I got home=first world problem- I was too tired from buying my Mercedes to enjoy driving it
Oh I don't envy you there... couldn't think of anything worse haha. Funny thing was, I was not offered one ounce of after-care sale etc.. First time buying cars that I hadn't been pushed to buy something.. thought that was extremely weird
Old 04-25-2015, 05:50 AM

c class 250 amg
The driver and passenger rear view door mirrors are different shapes and dont even fold in the same
Old 04-25-2015, 06:33 AM

W 205 C 250 AMG line fully loaded and R 172 SLK 250
Ah, so you bought in Mandurah. East is in Cannington (I was being a tad indirect so as not to put you on the spot).

Osborne Park service centre is pretty good. Cannington probably the best bunch of peole to deal with if buying. Close to the big boss, I guess.

West Australia... but to be honest.. I received 10 times better service from Auto Classic when buying the BMW.
I was showed or told nothing... Nothing about my inclusive servicing etc.

Correction to my previous post (he said they hadn't sold a W205 with Airmatic before) All i was shown was how to open the boot with my foot (big deal?) paired my iPhone 6 and pretty much pressed a button that said Nav and said, thats your Sat Nav, pressed a button that said Radio and said, thats your Radio.

Don get me wrong, I don't actually like all the hoo har, but I do like it to feel like they care.. like the team at Auto Classic did.

Ahwell, I got in my car and sped off back to Perth ... Have already made a good contact with Westpoint Star and they have promised that after they lost my vehicle sale, they will ensure they look after me for servicing etc.
Here's hoping..
Old 04-25-2015, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mondodec
Ah, so you bought in Mandurah. East is in Cannington (I was being a tad indirect so as not to put you on the spot).

Osborne Park service centre is pretty good. Cannington probably the best bunch of peole to deal with if buying. Close to the big boss, I guess.

Oh, you know what, I actually initially thought that's what you might of meant.

Actually further south, I ended up in Bunbury... Absolutely worst service EVER with the new car sales manager at Diesel Motors, the sales guy was really good.. the sales manager, absolute pig of a guy... lost the sale, not the sales rep... (probably why I heard he was fired recently)

Westpoint at the time, none of the sales guys wanted to work this particular Wednesday night so after being the only people in the dealership hanging around for 20 minutes waiting we left. The new car sales manager redeemed the dealership and the guys in service/parts are 10/10 however it was a little too late as I had penned a deal with Bunbury.. I will be servicing at Westpoint Star though.

Skipped Mandurah as I knew they were all owned by the same group... In hindsight I should of given them a shot.

I am just lucky I love the car to bits... because the whole sales process from the beginning to delivery was a huge let down.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:39 AM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
Originally Posted by BlackjackM
Me too, and I usually know more than them anyhow.
Especially after reading these forums.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300 RWD Sport Premium
I just learned that the trunk will not open using the key remote while the cars running. I had to open it using the trunk release inside the door. Thought this was odd.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by CO2010
I just learned that the trunk will not open using the key remote while the cars running. I had to open it using the trunk release inside the door. Thought this was odd.

Did you know you can open the boot/trunk from the key if your over 100 yards away possibly 200 (with clear line of sight) but can't close it unless your within 6 ft.

Don't show this trick with friends... Rather embarrassing if you ask me
Old 04-25-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Razzyh
Did you know you can open the boot/trunk from the key if your over 100 yards away possibly 200 (with clear line of sight) but can't close it unless your within 6 ft.

Don't show this trick with friends... Rather embarrassing if you ask me
hahaha very true, that one already caught me out lol
Old 04-27-2015, 05:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E350 4Matic, 2006 Mustang GT Convertible, 2010 ML350 4Matic (wife)
Smile Windows / roof open/close

You may all know this one already, but I didn't notice it posted yet...

If you point your smart key, black part facing the driver's door, specifically at the small black square towards the back of your handle, pressing & holding the lock button closes your windows and roof, pressing & holding the unlock opens all at once.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:32 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by woodlander

If you point your smart key, black part facing the driver's door, specifically at the small black square towards the back of your handle, pressing & holding the lock button closes your windows and roof, pressing & holding the unlock opens all at once.
Mercedes have been doing that for a long time. My step-father's E420 in 1997 did that
Old 04-27-2015, 09:34 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Remote unlock/lock

Originally Posted by woodlander

Originally Posted by l3it3r
Mercedes have been doing that for a long time. My step-father's E420 in 1997 did that
Yes, my 2007 C280 4Matic had it. Also, if you have ventilated seats, it turns the seat ventilation fan on.

Your instruction to "point your smart key, black part facing the driver's door" might confuse some people. They might think you mean point the flat portion where the buttons are. I'm sure you mean just point the narrow end that you insert into the dash.

This feature works with the smart key up to six feet from the door handle. So your pointing doesn't have to be very accurate. Six feet is a couple steps away from the car. The additional couple seconds actually make a difference on a really hot day. It gives you time to get your key back in your pocket (if you have Keyless-Go).
Old 04-28-2015, 06:53 AM

Not sure if this has been covered yet, or if its even in the manual... ( I couldn't find it ).

If you are driving with your sunroof/pana roof open or tilted with window/s down in the C and you enter a tunnel where there are vehicle fumes etc. Hold in the recirculation button on the climatic control system..
This will not only close off the outside air from entering your vehicle, but will automatically close your roof and windows..
Once clear of the tunnel/fumes etc, hold the illuminated recirculation button in... it will let fresh air enter from outside as well as returning your sunroof and windows to the same open position that was previously set.
Tried it this afternoon. Pretty nifty.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Now that is one I genuinely didn't know. I did read somewhere it was supposed to close and open vents for you in tunnels based on gps/maps.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:23 AM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
I remember that from the w204 but I never actually used it (I actually forgot about it after some time). Glad to see it works.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:28 PM

Thumbs up GPS activativation of air recirculation for tunnels

If you are driving with your sunroof/pana roof open or tilted with window/s down in the C and you enter a tunnel where there are vehicle fumes etc. Hold in the recirculation button on the climatic control system.
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
... I did read somewhere it was supposed to close and open vents for you in tunnels based on gps/maps.
Originally Posted by Mr Enigma
I remember that from the w204 ...
My 2007 C280 (W203) 4Matic had the manual tunnel closure feature. It did not have navigation.

ManiacGT is correct. The C-Class Operator's Manual (p. 149) states:
Air-recirculation mode switches on automatically:
  • high outside temperatures
  • high levels of pollution (3-zone automatic climate control only [Canada only])
  • a tunnel (vehicles with a navigation system only)
The indicator lamp above the rocker switch is not lit when automatic air-recirculation mode is activated. Outside air is added after about 30 minutes.
It is possible that that the term "navigation system" includes only the COMAND navigation system and not the Garmin-based system. Notice that the indicator lamp is NOT lit when AUTOMATIC air-recirculation mode is activated. But the system restores outside air automatically; you don't have to remember to do so.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Its a shame about the pollution thing. My 6 year old BMW Z4 has an auto function which, admittedly doesn't turn recirculate on in tunnels but simply detects undesirable smells or pollution and turns recirculate on automatically.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:48 PM

Question Undesirable smells or pollution

Its a shame about the pollution thing. My 6 year old BMW Z4 has an auto function which, admittedly doesn't turn recirculate on in tunnels but simply detects undesirable smells or pollution and turns recirculate on automatically.
How well did the BMW system work, especially on smells (no visible smoke)? The other day I was behind a diesel truck, and before I remembered that I could do something about it, it smelled up the whole car.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gfmohn
How well did the BMW system work, especially on smells (no visible smoke)? The other day I was behind a diesel truck, and before I remembered that I could do something about it, it smelled up the whole car.
Let's just say I hardly ever smelled pollution in the car, sometimes but not often.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C200 (W205) Avantgarde petrol RWD
Let's just say I hardly ever smelled pollution in the car, sometimes but not often.
....and then it was probably the dogs
Old 05-03-2015, 04:02 AM

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
W205 C250BT
Found out today that the handle in the trunk floor opens up and doubles as a hook to hold up the panel inside the boot so you can freely access that compartment where the crate hides.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
With the Aquamatic option, the car will float and deploy a rudder and a propeller when it senses a body of water. Very neat feature ... now I can visit my friends in the UK.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by StanNH
With the Aquamatic option, the car will float and deploy a rudder and a propeller when it senses a body of water. Very neat feature ... now I can visit my friends in the UK.
Nah, you need a bloody submarine option for 11 months out of a year!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.