C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Heated Steering Wheel finally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 (W205)
Originally Posted by juwivive
the Driving Assistance Pack has gone up by £200.
It looks like they're now offering the full driving assistance and pre safe features to the UK, when compared to the limited ones they've originally listed (see http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cur...oon-estate.pdf)

Previously they were not offering features such as Steer Assist. BAS PLUS With Cross-Traffic Assist, or even Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus (previously just Adaptive Highbeam Assist).

It also looks like run flats are now optional on the 18" wheels for the AMG line too
Old 04-15-2015, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by chames81
It looks like they're now offering the full driving assistance and pre safe features to the UK, when compared to the limited ones they've originally listed (see http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cur...oon-estate.pdf)

Previously they were not offering features such as Steer Assist. BAS PLUS With Cross-Traffic Assist, or even Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus (previously just Adaptive Highbeam Assist).

It also looks like run flats are now optional on the 18" wheels for the AMG line too
You could be right on the steering etc, I did notice that myself but I thought that was part of the previous spec. I didn't spec any assist extras anyhow.

The adaptive highbeam assist plus is the plus version already though I think, I do have that on my February'15 build and my manual outlines that system only (not adaptive highbeam assist) and the manual is dated June 2014.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Originally Posted by chames81

Sorry, I am being a complete numpty, obviously - why do you think anything has changed? The Driver Assist package looks identical to the previous version, to me - I see no reference to Steer Assist, or any of the Active Assist packages - just the passive versions ( ie steering wheel vibration). Where should I be looking?
Old 04-16-2015, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In the equipment section of the configurator. It's now showing the steering etc as specific elements.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG Auto Saloon-Prem Plus-Privacy Glass
UK configurator is now been fully updated and running.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Still looks a touch flakey, with options listed twice, the driving assistance pack for example.

There's nothing in there that I would have added extra to mine and putting the same spec through as my car the price has increased now.

Sadly no heated wheel for those in the UK that wanted it. The changes seem limited to improvements in safety kit (that you pay for) and the option now for non run flat tyres. Actually, non run flats I may have considered on mine... just to soften the sharper bumps over poor roads, but then there's the safety angle to make run flats a good idea, especially with all my family in the car.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:22 AM

W205 AMG Auto Saloon-Prem Plus-Privacy Glass
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
Still looks a touch flakey, with options listed twice, the driving assistance pack for example.

There's nothing in there that I would have added extra to mine and putting the same spec through as my car the price has increased now.

Sadly no heated wheel for those in the UK that wanted it. The changes seem limited to improvements in safety kit (that you pay for) and the option now for non run flat tyres. Actually, non run flats I may have considered on mine... just to soften the sharper bumps over poor roads, but then there's the safety angle to make run flats a good idea, especially with all my family in the car.
By looking at the configurator run flat tyres only come with 19" wheels. I'm glad i have run flats on my 18".
Old 04-16-2015, 07:41 AM

VW Golf GTD
But if you look at the price list (P28), it says that run-flats come with the AMG trim level and mentions nothing about tyre sizes!

I got a response back from MB UK about my query about Burmester and Comand Online being available separately (as per the brochure) or only with the Premium Plus Pack (as per the configurator). According to the "Technical Department", the options are indeed available separately if you so desire. So the configurator is probably wrong about run flats too.

If MB are trying to impress people with the configurator, they aren't doing a very good job. It's slow, confusing (two "Driving Assistance Pack" options, and loads of options listed with a price of £0 - why not hide them completely or show them underneath whatever pack or other option they come with?) and badly designed and (most importantly IMHO) inaccurate.

The SLK configurator still doesn't show up, so I assume they are still faffing around, or have simply forgot that they sell it.

I don't think I've seen a single car company configurator that I think is any good. The VW one is even more inaccurate than the MB one and is a slow, ergonomic nightmare. The Jaguar and BMW ones seem to think that fancy HTML effects and clever CSS are more important than ease of use and efficiency.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:23 AM

MB W204, VW Polo, Audi R8 V10 - SOLD.
I completely agree about the configurators. I too haven't found any configurators that are any good. I thought that BMW's was slightly better than MB. Audi's is spectacularly appalling.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:13 PM

2012 335xi M-sport coupe
Angry

Originally Posted by S18LOK
Just been on the MB German website. Looks like if you spec the heated steering wheel on AMG lines you will lose that Flat bottom steering wheel. The button for turning on the heated wheel is located on the end of the stalk that you to adjust the steering wheel prosition.
Yup! I placed my order about 2 weeks ago and choose the heated steering wheel option as I was told I could get it with the sport package. The dealer however, failed to mention that it would not be the flat bottom type. I took it upon myself to do some research and confirmed via MB's website (and your post) that you lose the flat bottom.

I DO NOT want the bigger round wheel so I asked to delete the heated option from my build. Now I'm being told that the order cannot be changed. My car isn't even due to be built until the end of October so now I'm trying to figure out a resolution to this dilemma. Isn't there somebody from corporate they can contact to remove the option, being as though the car isn't anywhere close to being built yet?
Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
I was told, whether correctly or not that once an order is accepted by the Mercedes order system, changes can only be made during the 48 hours after the order is accepted. After that, I was told changes can not be made.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:09 PM

None
I always thought you could make changes to your build up to 2 weeks before it goes into production...
Old 09-16-2015, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by stolenfire
I always thought you could make changes to your build up to 2 weeks before it goes into production...
That isn't what I was told, but that doesn't mean what I was told is correct.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:27 PM
Banned

2015 MB Sprinter RV
You order goes through 3 milestones, green, yellow and red. You could make any changes to it during green status (parts are not yet provisioned), on yellow status (parts are now provisioned) certain changes are still permitted, however when in red which happens few days prior to the build (if that magic number is 2 weeks, I cant say it definitely) you cannot make any change at all.

That said, to order heated steering option, I could not accept the consequences. You would not only lose a flat bottom steering, but you'll have to live with a black interior and specifically a black dash.