MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   Comand Apps (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/584479-comand-apps.html)

Clockhse57 05-04-2015 09:22 AM

Comand Apps

Cant get to the apps. Log in, select my vehicle and just says nothing available. [W205 C Class with Comand System].

ManiacGT 05-04-2015 09:33 AM

Comand apps only exist on the cars portal. There are none currently available on the MB website. I've talked to our dealer. MB feel their demographic doesn't want more so they've not made any. It's all a work in progress. I told them they shouldn't release something that isn't finished to which I got a nod.

Old man brand with Old man thinking.

So they now produce cars that appeal to young people but they still think like old people.

Bmw are miles ahead in all this stuff.

digitallust_aus 05-04-2015 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacGT (Post 6421627)
Comand apps only exist on the cars portal. There are none currently available on the MB website. I've talked to our dealer. MB feel their demographic doesn't want more so they've not made any. It's all a work in progress. I told them they shouldn't release something that isn't finished to which I got a nod.

Old man brand with Old man thinking.

So they now produce cars that appeal to young people but they still think like old people.

Bmw are miles ahead in all this stuff.

My sentiments aswell.

angeloxnet 05-04-2015 09:53 AM

I agree, especially with Canadian markets we never get the good stuff.
I consider myself "young" lol and I really do get attracted to the brand by the cool tech.

Why can't I get google maps damnit!

laz81 05-04-2015 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by angeloxnet (Post 6421641)
I agree, especially with Canadian markets we never get the good stuff.
I consider myself "young" lol and I really do get attracted to the brand by the cool tech.

Why can't I get google maps damnit!

Same here Angeloxnet. For some reason Canada is always forgotten when it comes to the cool stuff. I have no idea why they don't give us traffic updates on COMAND. i am pretty sure iDrive had this option

DBOC205 05-04-2015 07:34 PM

It's not only the apps that suffer under that same corporate mentality. Much like the apps, the speed limit assist is another perfect example of a feature that only appears to be supported in the larger consumer markets.

Fewer consumer + fewer complaints / requests / enquiries = nothing being done about it.

angeloxnet 05-04-2015 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by laz81 (Post 6421731)
Same here Angeloxnet. For some reason Canada is always forgotten when it comes to the cool stuff. I have no idea why they don't give us traffic updates on COMAND. i am pretty sure iDrive had this option

in my 2012 coupe, i dont have a sirius subscription and yet the traffic updates randomly work sometimes, so odd.