C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Old 06-16-2015, 01:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

C400 - Custom Exhaust Modification, Straight pipe, resonator/muffler delete -PICS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C400
Did some digging and the shop seems to be "MB HOUSE"

Here is their instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mbhouse_toronto/

Here is their website with the pricing: https://www.mbhouse.ca/services/

Seems like to get the sound upgrade, it's $100 CAD which is not bad at all. They have some other coding available as well.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:13 PM

2015 c400
Anyone else do it? How does it sound?
Old 03-31-2019, 03:22 PM

Received 181 Likes on 115 Posts
2015 E400 and 2015 GLK350
Just looked at their web site. Very interesting!

Anyone aware of a place down in The States that does that sort of work?
Old 03-31-2019, 03:49 PM

C400
You can definitely hear the pops when you're on sport+. Mind you, I have a C63 Exhaust on my C400. When I had the stock C400 exhaust, I couldn't hear a thing.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c400
Originally Posted by allanyeung99
So I finally had the chance to drop off my car to get a custom exhaust made and we were able to look under to see what we can do. The shop owner recommended, true dual exhaust setup, which replaces the two mufflers/resonators in the middle then replace the stock mufflers to magnaflow mufflers. This is better than having your regular one pipe exhaust, the true dual will also give you some performance gain while having the loud or aggressive exhaust sound you want. I'm out for the week for a trip but the car going to be finished in like 3 days, so when I get back from my trip, I'll post the new setup and share it with you guys.

did you got your new setup?any video?
Old 04-04-2019, 07:56 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 Mercedes C400
Originally Posted by feng xiong
did you got your new setup?any video?
Yea, unfortunately the cameras on the phone will not pick up the sound, all I can do is take a pic of the setup which I'm going to do Friday since Its going on a lift.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:40 AM

c400
Yea, unfortunately the cameras on the phone will not pick up the sound, all I can do is take a pic of the setup which I'm going to do Friday since Its going on a lift.
do you know which magnaflow muffer did they put on@?its slightly louder than stock or noticeable different? and hows the drone ?
Old 04-08-2019, 08:56 AM

2015 Mercedes C400
do you know which magnaflow muffer did they put on@?its slightly louder than stock or noticeable different? and hows the drone ?
Honestly no, all I know its a performance muffler. Its definitely louder than stock and yes there is a little bit of drone but that's expected. If you want a loud exhaust, its going to have drone no matter what. Although if you drive on sports plus and regular sports, there rarely any drone just cause your cruising at higher rpms. There are louder exhaust companies, I heard flowmasters are louder than magnaflows, might give those a try. Or just get the cats deleted and get a downpipe but if you live in states that require inspection yearly, please know the laws and consequences of deleting cats.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:22 AM

c400
Honestly no, all I know its a performance muffler. Its definitely louder than stock and yes there is a little bit of drone but that's expected. If you want a loud exhaust, its going to have drone no matter what. Although if you drive on sports plus and regular sports, there rarely any drone just cause your cruising at higher rpms. There are louder exhaust companies, I heard flowmasters are louder than magnaflows, might give those a try. Or just get the cats deleted and get a downpipe but if you live in states that require inspection yearly, please know the laws and consequences of deleting cats.
do you know is oval maganflow or round type muffler
Old 04-10-2019, 09:04 AM

2015 Mercedes C400
do you know is oval maganflow or round type muffler
Its round. And its a 2.5 inch piping from the magnaflows to the cats.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:45 AM

c400
Its round. And its a 2.5 inch piping from the magnaflows to the cats.
so after all, are you satisfied with the setup?im planing to do my exhuast this week
Old 04-23-2019, 07:48 AM

2015 Mercedes C400
so after all, are you satisfied with the setup?im planing to do my exhuast this week
Yea, I paid $600 total and it sounds better than some of the aftermarket systems that cost like $1.2k+. With this setup I can easily change it by changing the magnaflow mufflers or the tips and when you do a cat delete and a ecu flash tune, it'll sound even louder. Since I have true duals on my car, I even got some gain out of it, never got the chance to dyno it though.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes-Benz c300 4matic
Originally Posted by karan538
Need a little help here..

So took mine back to the exhaust shop to get the 1st mid resonator removed after the 2nd one was removed and the 2 back silencers were changed to a single muffler.

Turns out what I thought to be as a resonator is a cat with a sensor.

So I'm confused because I've read people here removing the two resonators in the middle when out of the two in my car one is a res and one is a cat with sensor.

So they didn't remove it knowing the sensor would trip a engine light therefore have advised to remap the car then get rid of the cat.

Any thoughts?
Hey so what did you end up doing with your set up?
Old 05-02-2021, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Mercedes-Benz c300 4matic
Originally Posted by thechrispytofu
First, I would like to say I had done a muffler and resonator delete on my w205. So I did about 4-5 weeks of research on exhuasts, warranty, how it would sound after the work done, etc. before doing the deletes. One thing that was most apparent to me was that almost everyone that had done a muffler/resonator delete was complaining about drone. I deleted both rear mufflers and had the secondary resonator removed (there are two resonators on my car). I had initially just the two mufflers removed but it wasn't the sound I was quite looking for, so I went back and got the secondary resonator removed. I initially thought that the sound would be super loud and obnoxious, but it actually sounds a lot more time than I thought it would. The cold start sound isn't obnoxiously loud, but it does have a nice deep low tone and grumble to it, although once the car warms up the deep exhaust grumble goes away. It really isn't that loud.

Throughout many forums, people seem to be complaining about interior drone and how it unbearable, but personally to me I doesn't have that much drone. I personally listen to music around the medium to loud range when driving, and the drone isn't too bad. You will notice some vibration though. If you are on the throttle a lot, you'll probably notice the drone a little more around the 2k-4k range, where you'll hear the drone. But when cruising and the rpms are around 1.2-2k the drone is hardly noticable. When going 75-80 mph or more that's when the drone may be a bit more noticeable, but if you're someone who listens to music while driving, the drone isn't that noticable. I'm pretty happy with my muffler/resonator delete and this is just my personal input on the muffler/resonator delete.

I do believe that I am on the younger side of the owners for a w205, so that may be a factor to why I enjoy the sound more and the drone isn't too much of an issue to me. I'm just putting this out there for the people that are thinking about doing a muffler/resonator delete.
Do you have any video of the interior or exterior sound? Just did the muffler delete on my w205. Not getting that burble pop. Hoping to get it, after removing 1 resonator

my w205 c300 set up

Old 06-14-2021, 03:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C400 ( W205 )
Originally Posted by Amin Fadhil
You can definitely hear the pops when you're on sport+. Mind you, I have a C63 Exhaust on my C400. When I had the stock C400 exhaust, I couldn't hear a thing.
Hey, where did you get them from ? Did it cost you arm & a leg ?
Old 08-30-2023, 11:25 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2009 C350
Originally Posted by angeloxnet
Have not had a chance to go back,
currently driving with my OEM mufflers back and no resonators.
No real sound output/change from stock.

Most likely scheduling something in July
I would think those resonators would be fairly heavy and any weight reduction a plus..