C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Ordering soon, wait for MY16 or not?

Old 06-18-2015, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Yes it should have very low miles. Mines had like 12miles when i picked it up.

328i xDrive is a great car.. Very close to getting that over the C300. iDrive is fantastic. I wasn't a huge fan of the interior. Also the fact that you literally see one every second here. My gf's lease is ending next summer. And the 328 is definitely the #1 choice for now... Maybe the 340i if things go good

Originally Posted by MASSC300
I'm getting a bit pissed waiting for my new 2015 C300 Sport 4matic.

I ordered it back in March ($1,000 down payment), was told to expect an early June delivery, and here it is June 18th and I STILL don't have my new car. As a matter of fact, the dealer hasn't given me a VIN number yet...even though for the last couple weeks a C300 spec'ed EXACTLY like what I ordered is listed on the MBUSA web site as "available" inventory at my Burlington, MA dealership. All I've got is "Nothing yet, we'll call you when it comes off the truck".

If getting this car drags into July, I'm going to tell them to keep it, and I'll just order a refreshed loaded 2016 BMW 328i xDrive M Sport line instead. I'll REALLY go ballistic if the car shows up with like 200 miles on it. An ordered vehicle should have low miles if trucked...right?

Afterall, the new 2016 3 Series will handle better than the C300, it's quicker, and it has a heated steering wheel & rear seats...AND free maintenance for the first 50,000 miles or 4 years.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by voip1

Well you should start a new thread since you want to debate C300 vs 328.
No...I'm pissed I don't have my car yet. I will choose a 2016 328i over the C300 if this ordeal spills over into July...when I could order a 2016 of either model. The stats I listed about the 328i are fact...sorry if you don't agree with fact. I had other reasons to originally choose the C300 over the 328i, but if this keeps dragging on, I'll go else where.

However I do have one comment, there's no such thing as a free lunch... the "free" maintenance on BMWs is already built into the sticker price.
Tell me something I didn't know already. The fact is the two vehicles are very close to each other when it comes to price, and getting the free maintenance on the BMW when you have to pay extra for it on the MB is like a bonus.

Last edited by MASSC450; 06-18-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:22 AM

2013 BMW 328xi
No...I'm pissed I don't have my car yet. I will choose a 2016 328i over the C300 if this ordeal spills over into July...when I could order a 2016 of either model. The stats I listed about the 328i are fact...sorry if you don't agree with fact.

Tell me something I didn't know already. The fact is the two vehicles are very close to each other when it comes to price, and getting the free maintenance on the BMW when you have to pay extra for it on the MB is like a bonus.
Well, I don't know what to say to you regarding your custom order being delayed. It's always a risk with custom orders and there is always the option to cancel the transaction and have a car already built located that is close enough you would be happy with it.

I currently have a 2013 F30 328xi and it's not all peaches and cream with it either. My 328xi has rattles that have never been sorted out.. the infotainment/bluetooth/telephone/stereo is a joke.

I have been leaning towards getting a C300 or C450 (preferably C450) but since Mercedes has not released the pricing for the 2016 model year and they can't yet be ordered (according to a local sales guy they are now over a week late for this) I might be forced to get another BMW, as BMW will allow me to extend my lease by up to two months if another car is on order.

As far as pricing of Mercedes vs. BMW they actually compare pretty closely. I would argue that the Mercedes interior is several notches above what BMW currently has on offer even in the 5 series. I also like the Mercedes exterior styling quite a bit better.

There is no question though that for pure driving enjoyment the BMW is slightly better. The C300 is a fun car to drive but does not have nearly the get-up-and-go or razor sharp handling of the 3 series. The BMW drive-train and handling dynamics are probably the best thing it has going for it and Mercedes can't quite match it, but the majority of drivers will find the C class has more than enough driving enjoyment for sporty driving.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG

Well, I don't know what to say to you regarding your custom order being delayed. It's always a risk with custom orders and there is always the option to cancel the transaction and have a car already built located that is close enough you would be happy with it.
What concerns me most is that for the last couple weeks or so on the MBUSA web site, there's a 2015 C300 spec'ed EXACTLY like mine as "available" inventory at my Burlington, MA dealership where I originally ordered my C300. I got an EXTREMLY good deal on the C300 & my trade, so it makes me think they're trying to sell the car from underneath me since demand for the C300 has grown over the last 3 months.

I currently have a 2013 F30 328xi and it's not all peaches and cream with it either. My 328xi has rattles that have never been sorted out.. the infotainment/bluetooth/telephone/stereo is a joke.
I agree with you here, but my wifes 2014 328i xDrive has performed flawlessly...and the 2016 model will have improved steering, improved struts (5 bolt compared to the old 3 bolt), improved rear dampers, improved automatic shifting, even LED lights.

I also agree that the styling of the C300 looks nicer, and the interior blows away what BMW has to offer...but BMW does offer a heated steering wheel!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:41 AM

2013 BMW 328xi
You are really hung up on this heated steering wheel thing.

I grew up in VT and went out to my car many mornings when temps were below zero to start my drive to high school or work.

Heated steering wheels weren't the solution to the problem, there was a thing called gloves.

I keep a pair of gloves in the door pocket of my 328xi and if it's really cold enough (car is garaged so usually not) I just put those on for the entirety of the 10 mins it takes for the car to warm up enough that I don't need gloves any longer.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG

You are really hung up on this heated steering wheel thing.
I admit it...I am!

Between my wife's 328i, and my current 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, having a heated steering wheel has spoiled me rotton...especially since I hate wearing gloves...so that option to me is the bomb!

What I'll miss most about my current Grand Cherokee is when I remote start the vehicle when the temp is below 37 degrees, the drivers heated seat, the steering wheel, the heater of course, and the rear glass & outside mirrors ALL start warming up as well. A remote start when temps are above 80 degrees turns on the drivers ventilated seat & A/C.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:03 PM

C43 Coupe
I'm starting to think I might wait for the coupe. My ego is being destroyed by the day driving round in a 1.0 litre VW Up.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300W4, 2011 G37, 1998 528i Sport 5MT
After everything posted on this site and others about the problems of W205 ownership, I find it mind boggling that anyone would choose to purchase one until it has been DEMONSTRATED that MB has fixed the problems.

In addition, MBUSA is the worst customer service I have dealt with including any product I've owned in the last 50 years, without a doubt. Hopefully, the MB clan in your part of the world treats customers with respect and provide actual customer service.

I can only wish that I had a do-over regarding the purchase of this car. In 5.5 months of ownership is has 2300 miles on it. Not because I don't like driving or I don't drive much. I love driving and still rack up the miles - on my BMW. Learn from the suffering of others.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:30 PM

2013 BMW 328xi
Originally Posted by gocal73
After everything posted on this site and others about the problems of W205 ownership, I find it mind boggling that anyone would choose to purchase one until it has been DEMONSTRATED that MB has fixed the problems.

In addition, MBUSA is the worst customer service I have dealt with including any product I've owned in the last 50 years, without a doubt. Hopefully, the MB clan in your part of the world treats customers with respect and provide actual customer service.

I can only wish that I had a do-over regarding the purchase of this car. In 5.5 months of ownership is has 2300 miles on it. Not because I don't like driving or I don't drive much. I love driving and still rack up the miles - on my BMW. Learn from the suffering of others.
My F30 has plenty of issues too and it was built 1 year after they started making that model.

What I think the real lesson is, avoid 1st (and maybe 2nd) model years of German cars like the plague, because clearly they are rushing them out without sorting all the issues out. Definitely I would lease first rather than purchase so that I don't get stuck trying to dump a lemon after 3 years.

I'm still tempted by the C450 but the reality is that the 3 series is entering 4th year of production and with all of the refinements to the ride setup (new struts, new steering) it will probably drive much better and have fewer problems than a Benz.

Once Mercedes releases 2016 pricing info I should be able to make a decision.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:20 PM

c300
If I listend to the problems posted on this site i wouldn't have bought my car. So far 2 months in and about 1800 miles accumulated and i have no issues. No wind noise, no tranny issues, no break problems. This might change in the future but for now i am very happy i didn't let these negative posts make the decision for me.

Originally Posted by gocal73

Old 06-18-2015, 05:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by laz81
Yes it should have very low miles. Mines had like 12miles when i picked it up.

328i xDrive is a great car.. Very close to getting that over the C300. iDrive is fantastic. I wasn't a huge fan of the interior. Also the fact that you literally see one every second here. My gf's lease is ending next summer. And the 328 is definitely the #1 choice for now... Maybe the 340i if things go good

so i drive a 328i right now. m-sport 2013. and came from a 2010 quattro a4 sport (which is a B8 so current generation).

having sat in the C300 now, i want that interior so bad and am on this board because i'm likely to buy a C205 or W205 next year. the 328 transmission is probably a bit better than mercedes and it has more power. but argueably this interior is worst in class at the moment (the audi's was better.... and idrive's phone support and UI i'd say is worse than the MMI was).

so yeah... i think you should wait for the W205 if you care at all about the interior the bmw interior is not great. the best thing about it is the m-sport wheel, and well you have to get m-sport (so if you arne't getting m-sport well the steering wheel is pretty terrible on the other trims)
Old 06-19-2015, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
After work I broke down yesterday, and called the MB Sales Manager at Burlington since it had been 10 days from his last email...and low & behold..he told me the car had just arrived at 11:00AM that very day.

Anyway, this Saturday I'll be heading down to there and test driving my new 2015 C300 Sport 4Matic before signing any paperwork...and since I want some sort of Clearbra added to the nose, I most likely will be taking delivery early next week...on a day it's not raining of course!

Last edited by MASSC450; 06-19-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:37 AM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
After work I broke down yesterday, and called the MB Sales Manager at Burlington since it had been 10 days from his last email...and low & behold..he told me the car had just arrived at 11:00AM that very day.

Anyway, this Saturday I'll be heading down to there and test driving my new 2015 C300 Sport 4Matic before signing any paperwork...and since I want some sort of Clearbra added to the nose, I most likely will be taking delivery early next week...on a day it's not raining of course!
Congratuulations !! It's so sad that they couldn't had surprised you with a quick call since they knew you had been waiting for some kind of information on it

Nevertheless it's here now so the torture will end soon !!! Good luck tomorrow !!
Old 06-19-2015, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by omgitselaine

Nevertheless it's here now so the torture will end soon !!! Good luck tomorrow !!
Thank you!

Hey, how's that Lexus treating you? I ask because the 2015 IS350 AWD was on my short list. I was very impressed with the overall quality of the car...excellent fit n' finish. What finally made me look elsewhere though was the fact that the AWD version only comes with the older 6 speed transmission...not the excellent new 8 speed like the RWD has.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:50 PM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Thank you!

Hey, how's that Lexus treating you? I ask because the 2015 IS350 AWD was on my short list. I was very impressed with the overall quality of the car...excellent fit n' finish. What finally made me look elsewhere though was the fact that the AWD version only comes with the older 6 speed transmission...not the excellent new 8 speed like the RWD has.
I've had my ride for close to 2 years now and aside from regular maintenance and a nail on one of my tires I have not needed to step into my dealership at all it doesnt sit in the garage either since I have close to 30k miles on it I couldnt be happier with the quality.

That and to this day I still love the way the F Sport looks !!! I figured by the time it's time to trade it in they'll have the new motors and drivetrain ...... that or I can jump back into a MB !! Either a CLA45 or even a C63S ??!! I'm looking into something more ummmm ....... badass
Old 06-19-2015, 08:27 PM

Tell me something I didn't know already. The fact is the two vehicles are very close to each other when it comes to price, and getting the free maintenance on the BMW when you have to pay extra for it on the MB is like a bonus.[/QUOTE]

BMW doesn't give you anything free including the maintenance. It's just embedded in the purchase price.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:06 AM

C250d Estate AMG Line
Back to original topic

I'm in the UK and ordered a new C Class a couple of weeks ago, all the documentation states MY16.

The car has a provisional August build date and the factory at least in Europe moved to MY16 this month.

Hope that helps you make your decision.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:36 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by ramsayn
I'm in the UK and ordered a new C Class a couple of weeks ago, all the documentation states MY16.

The car has a provisional August build date and the factory at least in Europe moved to MY16 this month.

Oh you devil. I had almost convinced myself to wait for the coupe. And now the saloon is back on. I guess I'll call my company car team and try and get them to give me some confirmation as to what build year it will be. And in terms of lead times I was working off not getting one till November/December. August sounds really promising. So you have actually just thrown a spanner in the works (in a good way haha!)
Old 06-20-2015, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by vols1

"Tell me something I didn't know already. The fact is the two vehicles are very close to each other when it comes to price, and getting the free maintenance on the BMW when you have to pay extra for it on the MB is like a bonus."

BMW doesn't give you anything free including the maintenance. It's just embedded in the purchase price.
Already established...knew that already.

Like I said before, comparably equipped...the BMW 328i xDrive w/M Sport pkg. and the MB C300 Sport 4Matic are very close to each other in price, and getting the free maintenance on the BMW seems like icing on the cake.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:50 AM

C43 Coupe
MY16 come with the diamond grill? Or is that just in the states?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:50 AM

2013 BMW 328xi
Originally Posted by Hpbingham,
MY16 come with the diamond grill? Or is that just in the states?
Nobody knows since that build guide has not been leaked but it is not likely. The c450 comes with the diamond grill not the c300.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:51 AM

2013 BMW 328xi

There were no option/package/wheel/color changes you had to choose from for the 16 model year?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:58 AM

C250d Estate AMG Line
There were no option/package/wheel/color changes you had to choose from for the 16 model year?
Nope, not in the UK at least. For us the C450 AMG is not available till mid 2016 due to 4 Matic, so everything looks very MY15 except the updated Driver Assist Pack.

As for delivery date, if the car shows up in Sept I think the dealer will be more shocked than I will

PS I ordered the estate
Old 06-20-2015, 11:31 AM

C43 Coupe
Nope, not in the UK at least. For us the C450 AMG is not available till mid 2016 due to 4 Matic, so everything looks very MY15 except the updated Driver Assist Pack.

As for delivery date, if the car shows up in Sept I think the dealer will be more shocked than I will

PS I ordered the estate
Well I think I am going to order soon. Will retrofit a diamond grill and definitely going to plastidip the chrome door surrounds. May plastidip front bumper as well. (Black.)

Anyone know how easy it is to remove the chrome door surrounds? I want the night package look.

Last edited by Hpbingham,; 06-20-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VW Golf GTD
One other change I've noticed for the UK is that the Burmester and Comand Online options are no longer available as stand-alone items. You have to buy the Premium Plus pack to get them (along with key-less, ambient lighting, the sunroof (ugh) and memory seats).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordering soon, wait for MY16 or not?