C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Air Conditioning is Great!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C200 (W205) Avantgarde petrol RWD
Originally Posted by chicagofan00
Is this the newly redesigned XC90? Those are actually looking pretty nice and from what I heard, lots of new/fun tech in them as well.
No, we bought a used one as we needed to quickly replace a vehicle and there didn't seem much point in buying an 'old'new one -The new model has yet to reach our shores-due August I think but there have been rumours of delays.I agree with you that the new model looks attractive- the current XC90 has looked much the same for 12 years, with some minor changes and tech upgrade! Looking online at the upcoming model I would have to say the interior is a big improvement-the Nordic design aesthetic really appeals to me, and I would definitely consider one in a couple of years. Volvo really seems to get the whole family vehicle scenario.
I now need to say something about air conditioning to stay on topic- yeah AC, it's good to have.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by ShortDesertGuy
I live in Palm Springs, CA. We've had some extreme heat the last few days - 118 degrees! The W205 A/C handles it with no problem. In addition, I was concerned the Pano Roof screen would allow too much heat in. I don't feel any heat enter the cabin with the screen closed.

Score: 10 out of 10
This is great to hear especially since I have a bad habit of driving with the sunroof open ........ and also running my A/C at the same time
Old 06-28-2015, 01:44 PM

C400
Originally Posted by Boudicca
No, we bought a used one as we needed to quickly replace a vehicle and there didn't seem much point in buying an 'old'new one -The new model has yet to reach our shores-due August I think but there have been rumours of delays.I agree with you that the new model looks attractive- the current XC90 has looked much the same for 12 years, with some minor changes and tech upgrade! Looking online at the upcoming model I would have to say the interior is a big improvement-the Nordic design aesthetic really appeals to me, and I would definitely consider one in a couple of years. Volvo really seems to get the whole family vehicle scenario.
I now need to say something about air conditioning to stay on topic- yeah AC, it's good to have.
I was briefly looking at the new XC90 but the dealer lots didn't seem to have too many out there since it is so new. I'd never really looked at Volvos much in the past but the new one has definitely caught my eye. The old XC90s while staying the same I think they have aged fairly well so we'll see if the new ones do as well.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:54 PM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Pay for the high end options or else!

Originally Posted by turt
You may have a valid point, I have 3-zone on mine and also impressed by the air-conditioning.
Mercedes tends to offer subpar equipment when there's an upgrade available. For example the audio 20 sucks, as do the basic sound system. However Comand Online and Burmester are top notch.
When I ordered my 2007 C280, I was doing everything I could to hold the price down. The sunroof package was an $1800 "mandatory option". Every C-Class imported into the U.S. had it; even cars special ordered from Germany would have it.

No problem, my wife and I were going to Stuttgart anyway, to visit her family (and, as it turned out, a distant relative of mine). In fact, the savings from European delivery (including the omission of the sunroof package) were the only way I could afford a Mercedes. For what the experience of European delivery meant to me, see my Signature below!

The bad news was that the sunroof package included the auto-dimming mirror and the rain-sensing wipers. So the base wiper system did not even have intermittent wipers, let alone variable intermittent wipers. At the time, most cars in the U.S. had at least intermittent wipers standard. I thought even less of Mercedes-Benz a couple years later, when we bought a Hyundai Elantra for my wife. That car had variable intermittent wipers standard, for half the price of the Mercedes.

Last edited by gfmohn; 07-02-2015 at 12:20 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by gfmohn
When I ordered my 2007 C280, I was doing everything I could to hold the price down. The sunroof package was an $1800 "mandatory option". Every C-Class imported into the U.S. had it; even cars special ordered from Germany would have it.

No problem, my wife and I were going to Stuttgart anyway, to visit her family (and, as it turned out, a distant relative of mine). In fact, the savings from European delivery (including the omission of the sunroof package) were the only way I could afford a Mercedes. For what the experience of European delivery meant to me, see my Signature below!

The bad news was that the sunroof package included the auto-dimming mirror and the rain-sensing wipers. So the base wiper system did not even have intermittent wipers, let alone variable intermittent wipers. At the time, most cars in the U.S. had at least wipers standard. I thought even less of Mercedes-Benz a couple years later, when we bought a Hyundai Elantra for my wife. That car had variable intermittent wipers standard, for half the price of the Mercedes.
Sometimes I wonder if MBUSA packages stuff together at whim. I understand if they want to stock send cars to dealers yet unsold with 'normally purchased options', but when available in the EU a la carte' and going to be a custom order, why limit how much one can spend by making options either unavailable, or packaged only with something you don't want?
Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 PM

W205 C250 AMG
I have 3 zone on mine and the A/C is pretty good but definitely not great. Here's always 100 degree F (38 degree Celcius). The A/C in my BMW F30 are much colder and faster to get the interior cool. I even tried to change the AC's settings to Focus (It supposed to get slighty cooler than Medium setting). Not helping. I always set the temp at 21 degree in my Bimmer, whereas in the Merc always max (lo setting). I guess it's because the panoramic sunroof. My Bimmer don't have sunroof
Old 06-28-2015, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
E55AMG 2000 E55 AMG 1921 Ford T Speedster
Originally Posted by ShortDesertGuy
I live in Palm Springs, CA. We've had some extreme heat the last few days - 118 degrees! The W205 A/C handles it with no problem. In addition, I was concerned the Pano Roof screen would allow too much heat in. I don't feel any heat enter the cabin with the screen closed.

Score: 10 out of 10
Man 118 degrees.
Jebus.
I imagine if enough people would of touched the car with their hands on that day, they would rename Palm Springs to Palm roast.
Jebus, the car must be at least 3/8ths of an inch longer.
I wonder if that effects the dynamics in any way?

Last edited by Frank N Sense; 06-28-2015 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:20 AM

Mercedes C200 (W205) Avantgarde petrol RWD
I' m wondering if humidity is a factor in the AC not operating to people's satisfaction.Where I am the temperature can get over the century mark quite often in summer and it is usually a dry heat. My car is white, silk beige MBtex and pano roof with black headliner and sunshade. The air con works well and whilst I did have concerns re the pano roof and heat this hasn't been a problem. I also use a foil sunshade across the windscreen-makes a huge difference. My last car had a black leather interior and that was horrible to get into on a hot sunny day.