C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C300 Seat comfort

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW
C300 Seat comfort

I'm about to order a C300 Luxury and have been reading posted reviews on the web. One reviewer railed against the front seat, which he found really uncomfortable. This gives me pause. I'm frequently on the road for long stretches and this would be a deal killer for me. Any feed back on this from C300 Luxury users? Are the front seats different on the Sport Option from those on the Luxury?
Old 07-20-2015, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 162 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by nadamb
I'm about to order a C300 Luxury and have been reading posted reviews on the web. One reviewer railed against the front seat, which he found really uncomfortable. This gives me pause. I'm frequently on the road for long stretches and this would be a deal killer for me. Any feed back on this from C300 Luxury users? Are the front seats different on the Sport Option from those on the Luxury?
I have sport version and seats are huge improvement from the previous model
Almost as good as my E63 seats

Maybe a test drive can help determine what to order?
Old 07-20-2015, 03:11 AM

'15 Lexus IS 350 F SPORT
Seat comfort would largely depend on how the C300 seats compare to the vehicle you drive today or the cars you are cross-shopping.

Here is my experience - I just replaced my 2015 C300 4MATIC Sport for a 2015 Lexus IS350 AWD F Sport and I have noticed a significant improvement in overall seat comfort in my Lexus. Like you, I'm on the road a lot for work. Front passengers in my C300 sometimes remarked that the front passenger seat bottoms were too short and provided inadequate thigh support. This was not a problem in the driver seat as it had thigh support extensions.

I suggest you test drive the car and determine if you find the seats comfortable. There is also an optional interior package that you may want to consider if your dealer has one available.

Having owned a few MB products in the past, I will tell you that the standard MB-Tex seats have lacked in overall support and bolstering compared to standard seats in some competitors. You would typically have to opt for the optional MB interior package to get better overall seat support. MB-Tex seats in the W205 C-Class have definitely improved compared to the previous gen C-Class. However, I think they still lack the level of comfort that you may find in some of its competitors.

Last edited by X5PlatBronze; 07-20-2015 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
2015 C300 Sport: Palladium, Premium, Multimedia, Leather, BLIS
I have owned both a base and a Sport C300. I personally find the seats in the Sport version more supportive and comfortable on longer drives.

In either case, these are relatively firm seats and do take some getting used to compared to other cars. They have enough adjustments that most people should be able to find a sweet spot. When properly adjusted, I find them very good.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:16 AM

C300
I have the base model seats on a c300 4matic and I'll driven it on a 350 mile, 300 mile, and 150 mile trip so far and I've found the seats to be very comfortable. More so than any other car I've owned. This is only my second Mercedes.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
I had the base seats in my previous W204 and they were comfortable enough, but lacking in adjustment and side bolstering on the bottom/back cushions.

The sport seats in my W205 are a significant step up up in both areas - that's not to say the base seats were bad, just the sports seats are better.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:13 AM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Audi R8, Alfa Romeo Quad, 991tt,cls550, 997tt, 85 Carrera
To bad you can't order the AMG seats. They are very comfortable and secondly look great.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:24 PM

VW
Originally Posted by 6G Schnell
I have sport version and seats are huge improvement from the previous model
Almost as good as my E63 seats

Maybe a test drive can help determine what to order?

I've obviously test driven the C300, however the dealer wasn't receptive to my suggestion to taking a 4-5 hour test run.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:44 PM
Banned

2015 MB Sprinter RV
Welcome to the agile/sporty world where auto racing industry has a firm grip on consumer perceptions today. I dont believe any of the top brands, Mercedes/BMW/Audi provide the comfy/coddling seats you desire, except in their high-end S-class, 7-series etc.

Lexus (if you can live with its weirdo looks), I do believe has more comfortable seats (I used to own one), a much quiter cabin and road isolation. And the best coddly seats in my opinion are in Cadillac DTS and Lincoln towncar - no driver fatigue, like your living room recliner floating through water, sadly both have gone extinct, thanks to the racing industry

That said, I have ordered a mercedes c-class despite knowing all that
Old 07-21-2015, 11:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 GLC 300 4M/Air Suspension
I find the seats in my C300 Luxury to be comfortable, although I've never driven more than about an hour. The numerous adjustments are amazing as is the lumbar support and thigh support. Most passengers comment on how comfortable the seats are.

But I must add, no one makes a more comfortable seat than Lexus.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Benz seats are always firm & force good posture. In the US this has frequently been criticised. But after 12 hours on the road you will thank them vs soft seats.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Benz seats are always firm & force good posture. In the US this has frequently been criticised. But after 12 hours on the road you will thank them vs soft seats.
this is very true, i thought they were pretty firm when i got the car but i have realized that over hours of driving, i have almost zero fatigue (maybe my huge feet, but that's nothing to do with the seats)
Old 07-23-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
Obviously everyone is different, but I have always loved the Mercedes seats. I have the base seats, and on my last 7500 mile trip I averaged 500 miles per day with no discomfort. I am in the camp of really liking firm rather than "cushy" seats...
Old 07-23-2015, 04:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by hpilot
Obviously everyone is different, but I have always loved the Mercedes seats. I have the base seats, and on my last 7500 mile trip I averaged 500 miles per day with no discomfort. I am in the camp of really liking firm rather than "cushy" seats...
Agreed, Mercedes seats might not initially feel as comfortable or soft as some others but in any long distance driving I have never felt the need to stop to stand or stretch like I have in others.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:02 PM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Afraid I disagree. The sports seats in mine are horrible after an hour or so, so much so I'm about to talk to my company's health and safety department about handing the car back to the lease company[1] as it's an ergonomic nightmare.

The seat base is too short, and with the extender out there is not enough support mid-thigh. The base is also too narrow and the plastic reinforcements inside the base bolsters dig into my hips. The lumbar support has a mind of it's own and doesn't seem to adjust in any sort of sensible way. The seat needs to be at it's lowest or I hit my head on the roof, and if I put it at the right distance for my legs, the steering wheel doesn't come out far enough so I lean forward. At the right distance for my arms, it's too far forward and my knees are too bent. My usual commute is 200 miles and I get out of the car a cripple. I used to get out on an XF Jaguar feeling like I'd just go into it.

And I'm not exactly a weird shape. Just over 6 foot tall, 200lbs, 34in waist.

[1] Normally we can't end our company car leases early.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
I find my AMG line seats very firm and comfortable. My other half doesn't like this firmness but neither one of us has ever got out of the car after a long journey with any discomfort at all.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:31 PM

Location: Her Majesty's Glorious Midlands of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
2015 C220 AMG Premium Plus Estate (S205)
Originally Posted by ManiacGT
I find my AMG line seats very firm and comfortable. My other half doesn't like this firmness but neither one of us has ever got out of the car after a long journey with any discomfort at all.
I should be clear, it's not the 'firmness' of the seat I take issue with, but the design of them. The 'shape' is wrong.

Oh, and the seat isn't central to the steering wheel either, and the footrest and accelerator are at different heights meaning you're slanted in the seat.

This is the only car I've ever driven that I've not been able to get comfortable in. And I've driven a lot, from a lot of brands.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:51 PM

2015 C220 AMG Line Bluetech.
Have to say that I find the AMG Line seats amongst the most comfortable and adjustable that I have ever come across.

Yes, the pedals are a little off centre, but being Auto, this does not present the same "foot confusion" you find in a Manual - the wide Brake pedal is fine and offers a good point of reference. In my wife's Audi, I have to take great care when using the Cruise Control as the narrow pedals and positioning means it is easy to go for clutch, rather than brake - especially when some jerk pulls out ahead of you (if only it had Distronic Plus).
Old 07-24-2015, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by bensales
Afraid I disagree. The sports seats in mine are horrible after an hour or so, so much so I'm about to talk to my company's health and safety department about handing the car back to the lease company[1] as it's an ergonomic nightmare.

The seat base is too short, and with the extender out there is not enough support mid-thigh. The base is also too narrow and the plastic reinforcements inside the base bolsters dig into my hips. The lumbar support has a mind of it's own and doesn't seem to adjust in any sort of sensible way. The seat needs to be at it's lowest or I hit my head on the roof, and if I put it at the right distance for my legs, the steering wheel doesn't come out far enough so I lean forward. At the right distance for my arms, it's too far forward and my knees are too bent. My usual commute is 200 miles and I get out of the car a cripple. I used to get out on an XF Jaguar feeling like I'd just go into it.

And I'm not exactly a weird shape. Just over 6 foot tall, 200lbs, 34in waist.

[1] Normally we can't end our company car leases early.
Benz, like any manufacturer, has to design to suit the general population. You obviously are unusual so get rid of the car. Why did you buy it in the first place if you find the seating unsatisfactory for your peculiar build!
Old 07-24-2015, 09:47 PM

2015 C300 RWD
Originally Posted by nadamb
I find the seats very comfortable in the luxury C with leather. Not super cushy or plushy, but kinda like the Ekornes Stressless chairs, if have ever tried. That said, all seats are always subjective.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW e89 Z4 sDrive 35i & MB S205 C200 AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by bensales
I should be clear, it's not the 'firmness' of the seat I take issue with, but the design of them. The 'shape' is wrong.

Oh, and the seat isn't central to the steering wheel either, and the footrest and accelerator are at different heights meaning you're slanted in the seat.

This is the only car I've ever driven that I've not been able to get comfortable in. And I've driven a lot, from a lot of brands.

I agree if I visually check I notice that I'm slightly twisted when seated . It doesn't seem to make me uncomfortable in practice however .
Old 10-21-2015, 06:39 PM

2015 C250d W205
Guys I have to stress that I have never had a problem in any car ever before, and I cover roughly 300-400 miles a week. The W205 AMG line I have bought is my pride and joy. My wife is jealous of it due to the attention it gets. I love it. Sometimes I rub my cheek on its diamond white front wing so it knows I love it.

HOWEVER, it has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever experienced in a car. I have had professional massages etc for the tightness it is causing in between my shoulders and lower neck. I simply CANT get comfortable in it. I have flipping tried everything. I am actually at my wits end and its started to make me upset. I've now played around with so many settings I have forgotten what the correct driving position is meant to be. Tilt angle, thigh rest length, back angle, lumbar support, steering wheel height, etc etc etc, I have tried everything. I just can't get comfortable in there. The entire time I'm driving I am making adjustments to it. This has been going on for a month. I searched the words "w205 uncomfortable seats" to find this thread. I'm 5'10" and normal/bulky build. I'm a bog standard guy. The head rest IS too high. And it IS too far forward. Before a vaguely patronising suggestion to push it back comes along, I will iterate that I know how to adjust a headrest. But the position is all wrong. The upper backrest does not touch any part of my back above L1-L2 vertebral level. The seats are gorgeous to look at, actually quite nice to sit on in the transient few moments when you first sit down, but reveal themselves to be some of the worst ergonomically designed seats I have ever experienced. Never had this problem in several previous S and E classes owned within family. Most recently I have owned an Audi S5 and my wife owns a brand new BMW 435d, no such problems.

It's sort of embarrassing. My wife has failed the car. My friends have openly said "these are bloody uncomfortable". I am distraught.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:07 PM

C300 diesel hybrid
I don't have a problem at all with the seats in the C300 (UK) and I'm 6'4" and made a three hour trip across England when I picked it up last month. I have the premium pack with electric memory seats and that makes all the difference - the manual seats that I tried in the showroom did not have enough tilt adjustment in the base so all the weight was on my bottom. And the headrest is fine for me. The only thing I would probably change is the steering wheel could do with an extra half inch of reach adjustment.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Love my Sport leather seats...no issues whatsoever.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by DrShah
Guys I have to stress that I have never had a problem in any car ever before, and I cover roughly 300-400 miles a week. The W205 AMG line I have bought is my pride and joy. My wife is jealous of it due to the attention it gets. I love it. Sometimes I rub my cheek on its diamond white front wing so it knows I love it.

HOWEVER, it has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever experienced in a car. I have had professional massages etc for the tightness it is causing in between my shoulders and lower neck. I simply CANT get comfortable in it. I have flipping tried everything. I am actually at my wits end and its started to make me upset. I've now played around with so many settings I have forgotten what the correct driving position is meant to be. Tilt angle, thigh rest length, back angle, lumbar support, steering wheel height, etc etc etc, I have tried everything. I just can't get comfortable in there. The entire time I'm driving I am making adjustments to it. This has been going on for a month. I searched the words "w205 uncomfortable seats" to find this thread. I'm 5'10" and normal/bulky build. I'm a bog standard guy. The head rest IS too high. And it IS too far forward. Before a vaguely patronising suggestion to push it back comes along, I will iterate that I know how to adjust a headrest. But the position is all wrong. The upper backrest does not touch any part of my back above L1-L2 vertebral level. The seats are gorgeous to look at, actually quite nice to sit on in the transient few moments when you first sit down, but reveal themselves to be some of the worst ergonomically designed seats I have ever experienced. Never had this problem in several previous S and E classes owned within family. Most recently I have owned an Audi S5 and my wife owns a brand new BMW 435d, no such problems.

It's sort of embarrassing. My wife has failed the car. My friends have openly said "these are bloody uncomfortable". I am distraught.
I agree and I complained to my local dealer, but they said I was the only one to complain about the seats and that there is nothing they can do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C300 Seat comfort