MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   Now I know why everyone wants the 360 camera! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/595504-now-i-know-why-everyone-wants-360-camera.html)

dnice-1 08-06-2015 08:52 PM

Now I know why everyone wants the 360 camera!

Just found this video review of the 360 degree camera and have to admit it's pretty sweet. I had never seen it in action and I have to say I was quite impressed at this technology.

Perhaps next a drone will launch from the trunk hover over the car beaming a video image onto your dash to aide in parking and finding a parking spot. Don't count it out! I predict 2018 s class to have it as an option.

Glyn M Ruck 08-06-2015 09:24 PM

Yes ~ the 360 is great!

LAC300 08-06-2015 09:44 PM

I've driven other cars with 360 and it's incredibly helpful. Unfortunately I don't even hear the rearview cam on mine :(

cidtek 08-06-2015 10:01 PM

That guy can't drive. It was painful watching him trying to park. The problem with technology is that sometimes people forget that the the side mirrors can be more efficient when backing up and the camera is to augment the information and not be the sole method.

unr1 08-06-2015 10:03 PM

almost fell asleep watching this. He could have condensed this video to 30 seconds and relayed the same amount of info.

dnice-1 08-06-2015 10:49 PM

i agree a little drawn out but pretty cool is the two side view mirror cameras to see where you are in the lines - still didn't help this guy park very well he should have prob sprung for park assist instead!

cidtek 08-06-2015 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dnice-1 (Post 6519667)
i agree a little drawn out but pretty cool is the two side view mirror cameras to see where you are in the lines - still didn't help this guy park very well he should have prob sprung for park assist instead!

If someone can't back into a spot like that without a technology assist then they should turn in their drivers license.

superM 08-06-2015 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by cidtek (Post 6519677)
If someone can't back into a spot like that without a technology assist then they should turn in their drivers license.

I said the same until I got used to a car that had one. Now I would hate to go back.

My dealer says the option is available for 2016 orders, however, there may be a slight delay in delivery.

I've also seen some people retrofit it, but the cost is unknown to me at the moment.

MASSC450 08-07-2015 07:04 AM

I agree...I definitely can park my car faster the old fashion way.

I do wish though Mercedes included an audible component to the rear camera option. I found the audible "beeps" very helpful when backing into parking spaces with my Jeep Grand Cherokee...the beeps changing to a solid tone when I was close to an object.

madmax 08-07-2015 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by MASSC300 (Post 6519828)
I agree...I definitely can park my car faster the old fashion way.

I do wish though Mercedes included an audible component to the rear camera option. I found the audible "beeps" very helpful when backing into parking spaces with my Jeep Grand Cherokee...the beeps changing to a solid tone when I was close to an object.

MASSC300, thats only available with Parktronic which I have. I do get the audible beeps and lights when I get close to objects.

cidtek 08-07-2015 04:39 PM

I wish there was a simple after market product that installs cleanly and gave audible warnings of objects close to the front bumper as I seem to always think they are closer than they really are. I find the front hood has a vague sight line.

parkwood 08-07-2015 05:16 PM

Agree the 360 camera is great. I appreciate being able to check where the farm cats or chickens are as i reverse the car out of the barn... i am not joking chickens in particular seem incapable of getting out of the way of the car and currently i have a hen with 15 chicks a week old making sure they have got out of the way is much simpler with the 360 cam!

MASSC450 08-08-2015 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by madmax (Post 6520325)

MASSC300, thats only available with Parktronic which I have. I do get the audible beeps and lights when I get close to objects.

Oh I know...but I was about to pay an additional $1,000 for the audible component of the rear view camera option. IMO the audible part should have come standard...like on a bunch of the other brand cars.

:smash:

zsh 08-08-2015 09:18 AM

I hope his lacking parking "skills" were just to demonstrate the camera function, if not, then it was painful to watch those multiple attempts to park straight.

dnice-1 08-09-2015 02:31 PM

The Drone thats going to be an awesome option in the 2018 S Class! But if not, this thing is still pretty dang cool!

parkwood 08-09-2015 04:21 PM

Does anyone know if the car colour shown in the camera view is related to your car colour? I have an s205 in palladium silver and the car image is a nice mid grey.....would it be white if my car were white?

digital_b 08-09-2015 06:51 PM

theres always some smart ass with a comment like this who doesnt have a clue what the camera system does to enhance the car. anyone can park their car. anyone can do it more easily with the around view system which is what its called in infinitis and where it actually has been for a long time and well worth it

cidtek 08-09-2015 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by digital_b (Post 6521978)
theres always some smart ass with a comment like this who doesnt have a clue what the camera system does to enhance the car. anyone can park their car. anyone can do it more easily with the around view system which is what its called in infinitis and where it actually has been for a long time and well worth it

And there is always some smart ass who has nothing to say without making it personal. I never said there is anything wrong with technology - just saying people still need normal driving skills and know when to use them instead of becoming dependent and forgetting what mirrors are for.

And it clearly didn't help the guy in the video.

Galahad 08-10-2015 06:16 AM

I Really can't see the attraction of a 360 degree camera, if you can't live/drive without one fine, but to me, just more electrical equipment to potentially go wrong when standard equipment does a more than adequate job.

Each to their own

greasykid 08-11-2015 02:43 PM

Camera color

Originally Posted by parkwood (Post 6521872)
Does anyone know if the car colour shown in the camera view is related to your car colour? I have an s205 in palladium silver and the car image is a nice mid grey.....would it be white if my car were white?

Same color as your car.