C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

If you were to do it all over again....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 06:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300 4Matic
If you were to do it all over again....

So now that I am almost hitting the one year mark with my C300 - was thinking about witch options I could live without.

So would love to hear about what options you guys could live without or so happy you got that option.
my list...

Live without:
Heads Up Display
4Matic (std when bought)

Glad I went with:
Panorama Sunroof
Interior Package

Wonder if I would get again:
19" Multi spoke (I prefer the look of the 5 star but wanted that extra inch)
Parktronic (Its a never really use feature but kinda cool to show off)
Old 08-23-2015, 07:08 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
you are correct parktronic is a cool stuff .. are you currently using 17s or 18s rim?
Old 08-23-2015, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
For me it's only been 4 months.

These are the features I'm happy I got
-led lights
-sports package
-pano roof

Features I want on my next car
-cooling option on the drive and passager seats.

Parktronic seems cool. But don't care for it much.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:46 PM

2015 C300 4MATIC
at 6 months ...

Glad I went with:
- Drivers Assistance Package - especially distronic; blind spot
- rear view camera
- parktronic -- not for the cool feature I don't use much (parking lots, not much parallel parking). Rather, the car beeps as I get close to objects

Could Live without:
- heated seats
- active lane assit (part of D.A.P)

Wish I got:
- Upgraded from standard radio to Burmeister
- LED headlights -- but I would have needed the premier package and a bunch of items I could care less about
- keyless entry
Old 08-23-2015, 09:29 PM

C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by darwin329
you are correct parktronic is a cool stuff .. are you currently using 17s or 18s rim?
I have the 19" Multi Spoke
Would love if they offered the 19" 5 spoke as an option
Old 08-24-2015, 03:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
The one option that I use ALL the time and love is the hands free trunk. Not only the foot swipe but mostly the button close and lock feature. Cheap option but VERY useful. I also love the Air Balance, nice subtle fragrance that just ups the luxury factor. As I custom ordered mine, there really are no options that I don't like.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I customed ordered my 2015 C300 Sport 4Matic as well...so I still love all my options. I especially love the Pano roof and 19" AMG wheels/Summer performance tires...whick makes the C300 handle way better at speed compared to the 18" wheels/all-season tires.

If I were to do it all over again, I most likely would have opted for Parktronic as well...mostly for the "beeping" as I get close to objects.

I still wish Mercedes offered a remote start, heated Sport steering wheel, and heated rear seats.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C300
I've had my C300 for 4 days so far and wanted the Parktronic especially with the MY16s also having 360 cameras but it would have delayed the build date.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 W205 C400 4Matic
I would have waited for the C450 AMG Coupe w/Distronic I think... Oh well. I'm going to have this for a year before I ever see one of those.. maybe I'll trade it in
Old 08-24-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450
Hey nice-1, been on the fence about getting the HUD with my new build. I'm curious about what specific factors have you thinking that you wouldn't get it again if you could do it all over again...

Any input is much appreciated
Old 08-24-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 C300
I got the HUD and love it (great for when using the NAV). I don't need the heated seats, but I had to get them to get the other options I wanted. I wish I had gotten the Air Suspension (my car has a horrible ride quality).
Old 08-24-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
Glad I have:

Premium 1 Package (LED headlights, Keyless GO and Burmester are all essentials)
Sport Package (love the black trunk deck, headliner, and stitched dash)
Interior Package (very happy to have real leather and cooled seats)
Cranberry Interior (wow factor yet subtle)

Could live without:

Black ash trim (I insisted on it but would have been happy with the others, even the gloss and aluminum)

Wish I had and will insist on next time:

Backup camera

Would be nice:

Adaptive LEDs

Don't mind not having:

Multimedia package
Old 08-24-2015, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,060 Likes on 699 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
The only system on the C class that is absolutely useless is the autopark system. Otherwise, every other system on the car is absolutely top notch. I have a completely loaded model so I have tried it all. The distronic system is definitely the industry standard. The audio, airmatic and hands free system have needed repair in the first 10k but are also excellent. Hopefully the gremlins have been fixed exorcised. After my engine tune this car has gone excellent to extraordinary.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:11 PM

C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by balessi75
Hey nice-1, been on the fence about getting the HUD with my new build. I'm curious about what specific factors have you thinking that you wouldn't get it again if you could do it all over again...

Any input is much appreciated
I like it I just find it repetitive and that it doesn't really offer much information. I really like the concept and think it could be much better than it is. Especially for the almost $1000 price.
Imagine if the media/ radio station information showed up the screen or contact info when a call comes in or if you are trying to make a call. Or would be cool would be to have the left and or right red triangle show up on screen when someones in your Blind Spot. These things I think would make it much more useful as then you could truly keep your eyes on the road.

Funny, half the time I forget the heads up is even there. You kinda learn to look right past it and habit has me still glance at the standard speedo gauge.

Do I hate it? Not at all. Is it a cool to have? For sure! Is it a need to have? Nah not at all. In retrospect I would be ok just saving that $1k or perhaps have gotten the Airmatic Suspension.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by dnice-1

Do I hate it? Not at all. Is it a cool to have? For sure! Is it a need to have? Nah not at all. In retrospect I would be ok just saving that $1k or perhaps have gotten the Airmatic Suspension.
The AirMatic is an absolute steal at $1,200. Even more so if you're leasing like I am. It will only cost me $480 over 3 years.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C450
Originally Posted by dnice-1
Yeah, I hear you man. It's really the cost of the HUD that had me decide against it. Seems like a really cool option, but was really surprised when I saw the 1k$ price tag. Thanks for the input!
Old 08-25-2015, 12:38 PM

2015 C300 4Matic
Glad I got:
- LED lights
- Backup camera
- Sport package

Could live without:
- lane assist

Want for my next car (not necessary MB):
- live traffic
- upgrade sound system, I didn't get the Burmester
- Heated steering wheel
- Wheel insurance
Old 08-25-2015, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by balessi75
Yeah, I hear you man. It's really the cost of the HUD that had me decide against it. Seems like a really cool option, but was really surprised when I saw the 1k$ price tag. Thanks for the input!
I agree its very cool but a must have probably not.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:20 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Originally Posted by c4004matic
I agree its very cool but a must have probably not.
Ok going against the grain here but for me hud is a must have in the future. I really like the sat nav directions and the ease of reading the speed, the calibration of the main speedo is to cluttered for quick checking at 50k. Speed traps are very common here (france) with very small margins of error 3k at 50k ph the main speedo calibration does not allow that degree of accuracy. I am still waiting to see if i was unlucky the other day not paying attention, even with hud and crept up to 58k when i saw 2 flic ahead......totally agree blind spot assist warnings would be very useful.

I love the airmatic system and it will be something that could keep me with mb as bmw and audi do not have it.

The electric towbar is really cool compared to the manually removable one in the glk, simple flick of a switch and it drops down to be simply pulled in place or pushed up out of sight, worth the 1100 euros.

Of the driving assist package i hardly use lane assist but could imagine on a regular commute in the rush hour on a uk motorway it would be useful. Do not use the park assist I avoid parallel parking like the plague, my fellow countrymen view bumpers as just that and tend to bounce of the cars back and front when manouvering........the blind spot assist is a good safety feature. Distronic is very good but you have to adapt your driving style on motorways pulling out to overtake before distronic starts slowing you to match the speed of the vehicle you are overtaking.

I am used to straight parktronic from my glk but think the audi audible only system is more intuitive. However the 360 camera is really good and useful well worth the rather low 395 euro price tag. We have lots of dingy underground car parks here built for the smaller cars of the 80s and 90s so manouvering can be a nightmare with lots of hidden service pipes to avoid.

4matic is essential we do not get much snow but when we do mercedes are usually stuffed. I had an eclass estate before the glk and it was utterly useless bordering on dangerous on the rural roads here. Even in ordinary weather at my home the 4matic c outperforms all other cars with no scrabbling on our gravel entrance.....the poor postie in a fwd berlingo makes heavy weather of getting away.

burmester should not be an essential but it is the minimum standard i aspire to.

I do not have the pano roof, does not appeal. However the old fashioned grill with the mercedes star on the bonnet was also a must have for me looks like a proper mercedes from the driving seat old fashioned i know......

The only other things I do not have are the memory seats, leather and command media. I would like the bigger screen but I am happy enough with the audio 20 and consider the price far too high so unless it is bundled will not bother with command. I will look to get the memory seats next time if possible. I find the leather missable.....in our climate heated or cooled seats are ott but the fabric centre trim is enough to overcome the discomfort of too hot or too cold experienced with leather.

This iteration of ils with the led lights is the best yet.

So to recap essential options again:-

HUD
360 camera
Ils
Electric towbar
Driver assist
4matic
Airmatic

Options i am not bothered with:-
Pano roof
Command media
Leather
18inch wheels and above
Sport/amg styling(no surprise).

Options i hope to have next time:-
Memory seats
Hybrid tecnology

Am a very happy c class owner.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
The only system on the C class that is absolutely useless is the autopark system. Otherwise, every other system on the car is absolutely top notch. I have a completely loaded model so I have tried it all. The distronic system is definitely the industry standard. The audio, airmatic and hands free system have needed repair in the first 10k but are also excellent. Hopefully the gremlins have been fixed exorcised. After my engine tune this car has gone excellent to extraordinary.
You likely don't know how to use the auto park if you feel it's "absolutely useless". Based on your other posts, were used to you being wrong man.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300
If I had it over to do again, I'd skip the intelligent lights, and stuck with standard LEDs. I'd also add airmatic suspension and move to where no snow and get RWD after driving it (if could choose for myself..I'm assigned my location by the U.S. Army)
Old 08-25-2015, 04:49 PM

audi s4
wish my dealer told me the key less go and key less entry are 2 seprate options, I got keyless go, but not entry, that is the only option I would get
Old 08-25-2015, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by zarraz
wish my dealer told me the key less go and key less entry are 2 seprate options, I got keyless go, but not entry, that is the only option I would get
Not even dealers can tell the difference. Its just part and parcel of the arcane options menu that MB uses. Please explain to me why you would want keyless ignition and not keyless doors? You have to read every line and have them explain everything, you would be surprised how often even the sales person has no clue. Another example is the parking sensors. You cannot get parking sensors without the self parking feature. The sensors work fine. The self park doesn't work most of the time, when it does, a blind person could do it. Even worse sometimes it thinks a small gap in a parallel park spot is a back up parking slot so it attempts to rear into it!
Its so bad its virtually useless.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by kellens
If I had it over to do again, I'd skip the intelligent lights, and stuck with standard LEDs. I'd also add airmatic suspension and move to where no snow and get RWD after driving it (if could choose for myself..I'm assigned my location by the U.S. Army)
I bet you are assigned to Army intelligence
Old 08-25-2015, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Not even dealers can tell the difference. Its just part and parcel of the arcane options menu that MB uses. Please explain to me why you would want keyless ignition and not keyless doors? You have to read every line and have them explain everything, you would be surprised how often even the sales person has no clue. Another example is the parking sensors. You cannot get parking sensors without the self parking feature. The sensors work fine. The self park doesn't work most of the time, when it does, a blind person could do it. Even worse sometimes it thinks a small gap in a parallel park spot is a back up parking slot so it attempts to rear into it!
Its so bad its virtually useless.
I'm confused by your post. According to MBUSA, on the C Class, Keyless go performs as follows:

"A leap in ease and efficiency pioneered by Mercedes-Benz, KEYLESS-GOŽ lets you unlock, start and drive away without removing the SmartKey from your pocket or purse. You can lock and unlock the doors with a touch of the exterior handles, and start the engine by stepping on the brake pedal and pushing the KEYLESS-START button on the dash."

That clearly means you can enter the car and start it without touching the smart key.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If you were to do it all over again....