C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

c300 vs bmw 335xi

Old 03-29-2016, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 162 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by malahhaor
good read.
Im looking to get out from my Carrera in to something a touch bigger and looking at C300 Sport vs 328I M sport. I can get a touch more power with a tune on both cars so no need for 335 or 450 but its the handling im interested in more.
Can anyone comment on these two choices? C300 Sport vs 328i M sport?
have both 328i M package and C300 4matic sport
My 2c: Benz is keeper ....
Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by 6G Schnell
have both 328i M package and C300 4matic sport
My 2c: Benz is keeper ....
because of looks and refinement or performance as well? and i don't mean straight line acceleration. Transmission responsiveness, cornering....
My biggest issue with previous Mercedes i had was transmission. by the time it decides to downshift its too late.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:13 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Driving conditions matter

You also have to consider your driving conditions. You don't say where you live in this great land of ours. Do have to deal with much snow? Nobody has compared the cars in snow.

If you drive sportingly here in the upscale western suburbs of Boston, you will merely have a view of the rear end of a Toyota Corolla in your windshield or else a view of flashing blue lights in your rear view mirror. We do have a lot of broken pavement and pot holes, so a good ride is necessary. If the BMW has run-flats, the "MOE" run-flats of the MB will give a better ride and less road noise.

Nobody has mentioned sound systems. The Burmester is hard to beat, but you may not be planning to pay the big bucks for it. Maybe you can afford the BMW premium system, but not the Burmester--advantage, BMW.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by gfmohn
You also have to consider your driving conditions. You don't say where you live in this great land of ours. Do have to deal with much snow? Nobody has compared the cars in snow.

If you drive sportingly here in the upscale western suburbs of Boston, you will merely have a view of the rear end of a Toyota Corolla in your windshield or else a view of flashing blue lights in your rear view mirror. We do have a lot of broken pavement and pot holes, so a good ride is necessary. If the BMW has run-flats, the "MOE" run-flats of the MB will give a better ride and less road noise.

Nobody has mentioned sound systems. The Burmester is hard to beat, but you may not be planning to pay the big bucks for it. Maybe you can afford the BMW premium system, but not the Burmester--advantage, BMW.

I'm in Chicago. Not worried about winters. All of my Mercedes and one Lexus were RWD and i never had issues even in a a foot+ of snow. One word: Winter Tires well, maybe two words.
Im not worried about rough roads and stiffness and audio quality, I drive a 911 as my daily with engine and exhaust modifications. You feel everything on the road and barely hear the radio. Anything C or 3 can provide is already above and beyond in that regard.
I'm not worried about tires as i will change them out to what i like anyway. Unless they are High performance summer, anything OEM is crap (IMHO).
I'm looking for as much information as possible from long term owners to make a good for me decision on going to a larger car but retaining aspects that i love about driving a Carrera.
From what i'm able to gather thus far it will come down to looks of C class over performance of 3 series Sport / M sport.