MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   C300 exhaust sound after muffler delete (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/606178-c300-exhaust-sound-after-muffler-delete.html)

Aaron_Xu 11-15-2015 01:32 AM

C300 exhaust sound after muffler delete

went to a muffler shop today and did nothing but cut off my mufflers(replaced with straight pipe),and god it sounds so gooooood than before,it sounds deep and its quiet when its idle,little noisy in the car, i was afraid to hit the gas,but if i drive nicely its not THAT loud on the outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFnM...ature=youtu.be

vsix 11-15-2015 02:00 AM

Aaaaah man!
Sounds like an animal now! *Loving it*

Dawod_555 11-15-2015 02:13 PM

Woe

Hi, that sounds great, is it a petrol or diesel. I have a c300 diesel hybrid here in the UK and would love it if it sounded better.

notabenex 11-15-2015 03:46 PM

Sounds great, any photo?

Inside is it noisy? No drone?

bartola 11-15-2015 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron_Xu (Post 6615684)
went to a muffler shop today and did nothing but cut off my mufflers(replaced with straight pipe),and god it sounds so gooooood than before,it sounds deep and its quiet when its idle,little noisy in the car, i was afraid to hit the gas,but if i drive nicely its not THAT loud on the outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFnM...ature=youtu.be

do you have pics of the process?

Aaron_Xu 11-15-2015 04:37 PM

Its a gas engine,im not sure how will the diesel engine sounds :p

Aaron_Xu 11-15-2015 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by notabenex (Post 6616057)
Sounds great, any photo?

Inside is it noisy? No drone?

I think the noise is acceptable for me,i will post the in car video later:)

Aaron_Xu 11-15-2015 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by bartola (Post 6616058)
do you have pics of the process?

Only took 1 picture during process
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...91de07bce.jpeg
Thats after they cut off the mufflers

deonsand 11-15-2015 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron_Xu (Post 6616097)
Only took 1 picture during process
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...91de07bce.jpeg
Thats after they cut off the mufflers

mine one remove the mufflers in the middle section

sound not as good as yours

did you remove four of mufflers

if yes , did you feel vibrating on interior especially on the floor

Aaron_Xu 11-15-2015 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by deonsand (Post 6616132)
mine one remove the mufflers in the middle section

sound not as good as yours

did you remove four of mufflers

if yes , did you feel vibrating on interior especially on the floor

I only removed 2 mufflers on the back and no i dont really feel the vibrate

RixC300 11-15-2015 07:45 PM

Sounds good and thanks for sharing.

I replaced my mufflers with Magnaflows and got a nice deep tone with the resonators in place. This weekend I pulled both resonators off and it sounds awesome when I step on it hard. But it resonates pretty good at certain RPM's. I'll put the 2nd resonator back on and at the same time get a wireless dump-value installed. I'll post a video on my way in tomorrow.

LateC300 11-15-2015 11:49 PM

interesting, i dont like the sound at all. revving sounds like fart can honda and the take-off sounds just as bad...except the exhaust pops between gears, that sounds great.

just my opinion! not trying to be an ass, to each their own :D

Aaron_Xu 11-16-2015 12:16 AM

the drone is pretty loud in car,any way to fix that? or should i install magnaflow mufflers to fix the drone?:confused::confused::confused:

Aaron_Xu 11-16-2015 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by RixC300 (Post 6616242)
Sounds good and thanks for sharing.

I replaced my mufflers with Magnaflows and got a nice deep tone with the resonators in place. This weekend I pulled both resonators off and it sounds awesome when I step on it hard. But it resonates pretty good at certain RPM's. I'll put the 2nd resonator back on and at the same time get a wireless dump-value installed. I'll post a video on my way in tomorrow.

what about the drone?do u get drone when u replace ur mufflers with magnaflows?

TEAShea 11-16-2015 08:52 AM

Sounds good.

topsider 11-16-2015 09:44 AM

sounds great, which the exhaust had flaps so that it could sound like this in sport+ then revert back to normal for no drone

RixC300 11-16-2015 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron_Xu
what about the drone?do u get drone when u replace ur mufflers with magnaflows?

I did get some for the first 500-700 miles in comfort mode when it would shift into overdrive type gears. Once the Maganflows started to set in it went away. This car has a deep note far from ricey that I was afraid of. The Maganflows are a great way to add a little attitude, and when standing on it they come alive. I have one video from inside the cabin with just the mags swapped out. Once I figure out how to post, I will.

ManiacGT 11-16-2015 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron_Xu (Post 6616449)
the drone is pretty loud in car,any way to fix that? or should i install magnaflow mufflers to fix the drone?:confused::confused::confused:

So you removed mufflers to sound good outside and result is horrible drone inside... you knew that right? Not being mean but mufflers are there for a reason. The only time this works is with active mufflers that quiet the noise at speeds but open the muffler bypass at low speeds. Ask BMW, Ferrari, Audi and more...

Still, it does sound good on the video... hopefully you can live with the noise when you don't want it.

RixC300 11-16-2015 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Video of both resonators and Maganflows

Aaron_Xu 11-16-2015 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by RixC300 (Post 6616811)
I did get some for the first 500-700 miles in comfort mode when it would shift into overdrive type gears. Once the Maganflows started to set in it went away. This car has a deep note far from ricey that I was afraid of. The Maganflows are a great way to add a little attitude, and when standing on it they come alive. I have one video from inside the cabin with just the mags swapped out. Once I figure out how to post, I will.

thanks for your answers and which model of magnaflow do you use? I wanna try it.

karan538 11-16-2015 08:11 PM

Man that sounds nice for just removing rear mufflers.

I got a full catback system installed (removed mid silencer & both rear mufflers, replaced with powerflow box) & it still doesnt not sound as loud / as nice as yours.

Heres mine;

Thinking to get mid cat removed but way too scared about the drone, mines a c200.

RixC300 11-16-2015 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Aaron_Xu
thanks for your answers and which model of magnaflow do you use? I wanna try it.

I wish I could be more help. I took it to Ted's shop EuroPower (Houston) and asked him to make it sound good. The guy has a few $million in highend cars being worked on and he took the time to do a small job like this. In addition, gave me the keys to a loaner car so I could get back to the office while he did the work. Here's a photo, but not sure if it's enough to identify.

Aaron_Xu 11-16-2015 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by karan538 (Post 6617457)
Man that sounds nice for just removing rear mufflers.

I got a full catback system installed (removed mid silencer & both rear mufflers, replaced with powerflow box) & it still doesnt not sound as loud / as nice as yours.

Heres mine;

Mercedes w205 C200 take off - YouTube

Ddd - YouTube

Thinking to get mid cat removed but way too scared about the drone, mines a c200.

im a bit annoyed by the drone now,trying to fix it tomorrow

Aaron_Xu 11-16-2015 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by RixC300 (Post 6617524)
I wish I could be more help. I took it to Ted's shop EuroPower (Houston) and asked him to make it sound good. The guy has a few $million in highend cars being worked on and he took the time to do a small job like this. In addition, gave me the keys to a loaner car so I could get back to the office while he did the work. Here's a photo, but not sure if it's enough to identify.

guess tomorrow i will buy two magnaflows mufflers and see if the drone can be gone...

dsxm550 11-17-2015 12:46 AM

I have been researching quite a bit, and I want to go with the Magnaflow muffler option for my W205 C300. RixC300, any chance you could find out specifically which Magnaflow EuroPower installled for you? Any pics you can share? Sounds great btw.