C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

AMG.one finally exposed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
When a 3 series has the M Sport package which includes M badges even on the steering wheel is it okay to then stick an M badge on rear?
What's wrong with it? It's also on the Calipers, wheels.. etc.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C300
i have a Ferrari sweatshirt i bought from Puma 10 years ago. does it mean i own a Ferrari? or am i just a poser who wishes he had a Ferrari by wearing apparel with their logo all over it getting into my SRT-4?

point is, this kind of marketing and brand recognition is all over the place in all aspects of society. doesnt it make it any less douchey to buy into it just because you can afford a little piece of luxury instead of the real thing
Old 06-08-2016, 02:21 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by Takymoto
What's wrong with it? It's also on the Calipers, wheels.. etc.
lmao
Old 06-08-2016, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
you guys do understand you are arguing with a guy that bought a c300 AMG (which doesn't exist) right? But alas it has nice AMG rugs. And what's funnier he is the champion of the poser is posing himself in his Car description.

Look ma no c300 AMG

If he had a REAL ///AMG he would be in the PRIVATE LOUNGE. Or he would have went to the AMG Driving Academy for FREE. For that matter so would the OP of this thred.

Let him say what he likes. Who cares? Arguing with him is silly.

/SMH
Old 06-08-2016, 02:25 PM

2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by LateC300
i have a Ferrari sweatshirt i bought from Puma 10 years ago. does it mean i own a Ferrari? or am i just a poser who wishes he had a Ferrari by wearing apparel with their logo all over it getting into my SRT-4?

point is, this kind of marketing and brand recognition is all over the place in all aspects of society. doesnt it make it any less douchey to buy into it just because you can afford a little piece of luxury instead of the real thing
You need to work on your analogies....

Point is, he has a c300 sport that Mercedes not only brands AMG on certain parts of the car, but specifically calls out the package as "AMG." Whether you like the AMG emblem he added or not, is totally your opinion and one I respect. Calling someone a "poser" or "douche," because they added 1 AMG emblem, to the 8 that already come on the car from factory.....That's a hard pill for me to swallow... Sorry
Old 06-08-2016, 02:28 PM

2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
you guys do understand you are arguing with a guy that bought a c300 AMG (which doesn't exist) right? But alas it has nice AMG rugs. And what's funnier he is the champion of the poser is posing himself in his Car description.

Look ma no c300 AMG

If he had a REAL ///AMG he would be in the PRIVATE LOUNGE. Or he would have went to the AMG Driving Academy for FREE. For that matter so would the OP of this thred.

Let him say what he likes. Who cares? Arguing with him is silly.

/SMH
It says c300 amg sportline (I.e, AMG Sport package).. Oy Vey! Please read before you post.....

Edit, Changed to C300 AMG (First off the line) Just for you bud

Last edited by Takymoto; 06-08-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
I know I am fueling the fire here, but I just have to know,

To you "purists" out there claiming that he has no right putting an emblem on his "non AMG" car, what does it do to you?, how can this affect you in your daily everyday life?
Old 06-08-2016, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
Originally Posted by vic viper
I know I am fueling the fire here, but I just have to know,

To you "purists" out there claiming that he has no right putting an emblem on his "non AMG" car, what does it do to you?, how can this affect you in your daily everyday life?
They act as if they are on a pedestal owning a c450. Thinking that the guy with the C300 with the AMG badge is diluting the brand - and in turn devaluing the money they spent on their own car by giving people false report on what an AMG car really is.

But, in reality. Mercedes Benz, themselves, is diluting the brand and there is nothing to do about that - and buying one of the cars to get in the "club" is only supporting the marketing movement set forth by MB.

IMO.

It's a status symbol and why there is such controversy around the subject. At the end of the day, drive what you like, make it look the way you want it to and be happy.

I'm a hypocrite though, because I'll hate on distasteful mods and badging all day (while I debadge my own car because I think it looks cleaner).

Last edited by alexasa; 06-08-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
dang, when did this thread become 4 pages???? LOL

what you guys think of me slapping on a VTEC badge on my car?

you know, thinking of it the turbo in my car feels like that vtec on civics, LOL.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:41 PM

2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
dang, when did this thread become 4 pages???? LOL

what you guys think of me slapping on a VTEC badge on my car?

you know, thinking of it the turbo in my car feels like that vtec on civics, LOL.
It ain't a tyte car if it ain't a Type R!
Old 06-08-2016, 02:43 PM

2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by alexasa
They act as if they are on a pedestal owning a c450. Thinking that the guy with the C300 with the AMG badge is diluting the brand - and in turn devaluing the money they spent on their own car by giving people false report on what an AMG car really is.

But, in reality. Mercedes Benz, themselves, is diluting the brand and there is nothing to do about that - and buying one of the cars to get in the "club" is only supporting the marketing movement set forth by MB.

IMO.

It's a status symbol and why there is such controversy around the subject. At the end of the day, drive what you like, make it look the way you want it to and be happy.

I'm a hypocrite though, because I'll hate on distasteful mods and badging all day (while I debadge my own car because I think it looks cleaner).
Well said
Old 06-08-2016, 02:44 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
AMG wheels are just wheels same with the mats. The trunk badge however identifies the car itself so enough with his nonsense regarding accessories.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
It says c300 amg sportline (I.e, AMG Sport package).. Oy Vey! Please read before you post.....
Wait i totally see what you are talking about in my screen capture OF MERCEDES WEBSITE....NOT! NO C300 is an AMG. It might have rugs and a few NON performance items but it is NOT an True AMG one man one hand built engine.

Grow up. You are in the same broke back boat and you want people who PAID the entrance fee to accept your silly interpretations.

BTW see if your AMG rugs gets you into the AMG Private Lounge. Better yet see if your carpets get you a free day at the AMG Driving academy. The 450 is the entry level to do the Driving Experience. You need an AMG verified VIN# to drive and enter the PL. You can grab them from the internet just like ///AMG badges but you won't get to drive for FREE.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:49 PM

2015 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by cidtek
AMG wheels are just wheels same with the mats. The trunk badge however identifies the car itself so enough with his nonsense regarding accessories.
No the model name/# does, I.e., "c63" "CLA 45"
Old 06-08-2016, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Then call Mercedes the poser for forging AMG logos into their wheels, Embroidering AMG logos on all the floor mats and calling their sport packing "AMG STYLING PACKAGE".
I don't care what anybody else says. I support your parent's decision to "mainstream" you in school. Being born with a disability doesn't mean you can't live a full, vibrant and productive life.

Let's try this:

Mercedes put badge on thing? Okay.

Mercedes not put badge on thing but man put badge on thing anyway? Bad.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
No the model name/# does, I.e., "c63" "CLA 45"
You are PATHETIC. You don't even know what gets you in. I am AMGEric in the PL. See if you can find me with your c300-AMG vin.

AMG Driving Academy:
I went to COTA. I should know what got me there for a FREE Day. BTW anyone and i do mean anyone can PAY to go to the AMG Driving academy but only AMG owners get the 1st day FREE.

And the BADGE means nothing ITs 100% the VIN# which states its designation and no c300 in the world would validate you as an authentic AMG owner.

Go ahead and try your c300AMG vin.

++++++++++++
The problem with kids is they will argue to the death over the internet even if they are dead wrong and shown physical evidence that they are wrong.

/smh
The following users liked this post:
Jdem22 (07-18-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
Wait i totally see what you are talking about in my screen capture OF MERCEDES WEBSITE....NOT! NO C300 is an AMG. It might have rugs and a few NON performance items but it is NOT an True AMG one man one hand built engine.

Grow up. You are in the same broke back boat and you want people who PAID the entrance fee to accept your silly interpretations.

BTW see if your AMG rugs gets you into the AMG Private Lounge. Better yet see if your carpets get you a free day at the AMG Driving academy. The 450 is the entry level to do the Driving Experience. You need an AMG verified VIN# to drive and enter the PL. You can grab them from the internet just like ///AMG badges but you won't get to drive for FREE.
You're trying too hard to feel special or justify your purchase. Or both.

We're all chumps in relation to the truly rich. Your small taste of it owning a C63 AMG doesn't make you any better than the rest of us.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:59 PM

2015 C300 Sport

What are you rambling on about? Goodness haha. No one is claiming he has a c63, that has never been mentioned once. He's branding the car with AMG, as Mercedes does from the factory as well.... Again, as I have said any many others.. don't bash the OP, bash MB if you want to point fingers..

And quit puffing your chest that you own a "C63". That's great, I'm grateful for what I drive. Just like everyone else on this forum, as they are on here, because they are enthusiasts...
The following 2 users liked this post by Takymoto:
alexasa (06-08-2016), jester4 (06-09-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s

Edit, Changed to C300 AMG (First off the line) Just for you bud
Once again young man you have no idea of WTF you are talking about.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/01/mer...-line-all.html

Read that little article.
"Mercedes Axes AMG Sport Line, All Performace Versions Will Wear AMG Badge"

Too many toolbags spending $38K thinking they paid $80K+.

And for the record i could careless what you put on your car. Hell wrap the thing in an AMG logo from front to back. It doesn't make your 40K purchase worth 100k. It just makes it look cool like the OPS car. It looks cool even though its a poser.

And to us purists like me, who gives a sheet? Not me. You non-AMG c300 buying fools are trying to argue a point that doesn't exist.

If you want i will sell you my copper ///AMG badges for the right price.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C300
You are PATHETIC. You don't even know what gets you in. I am AMGEric in the PL. See if you can find me with your c300-AMG vin.

AMG Driving Academy:
I went to COTA. I should know what got me there for a FREE Day. BTW anyone and i do mean anyone can PAY to go to the AMG Driving academy but only AMG owners get the 1st day FREE.

And the BADGE means nothing ITs 100% the VIN# which states its designation and no c300 in the world would validate you as an authentic AMG owner.

Go ahead and try your c300AMG vin.

++++++++++++
The problem with kids is they will argue to the death over the internet even if they are dead wrong and shown physical evidence that they are wrong.

/smh
dang dude, all that for 1 free day???

everyone CHILAX!

when in doubt, pack a bowl smoke it and listen to some bob marley, you'd be surprised.

PEACE
sixmarch (11-19-2019)
Old 06-08-2016, 03:07 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
Then call Mercedes the poser for forging AMG logos into their wheels, Embroidering AMG logos on all the floor mats and calling their sport packing "AMG STYLING PACKAGE".

It's ALL over the car already... it's humorous that by adding the logo to the boot, makes it taboo. haha
Wow, your arguments are terrible. MERCEDES put them on there, like I said, if they want to dilute their own brand, let them. Don't tack on fake badges on the back and add insult to injury.
Jdem22 (07-18-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by alexasa
You're trying too hard to feel special or justify your purchase. Or both.

We're all chumps in relation to the truly rich. Your small taste of it owning a C63 AMG doesn't make you any better than the rest of us.
I 100% agree. I am a broke dick compared to the guy that has a P1. The point is a few are trying to argue that putting a badge on the trunk is valid because you have ///amg rugs. And then saying the car is an AMG. Mercedes has finally crushed that train of thought as I have shown with the link provided.

My point is frankly its your car do whatever you like to it. However please don't try and justify your poserness. Just accept you are one move along and let us all agree your car looks cool.

Last edited by AMG_Eric; 06-08-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:13 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
I'm guessing all the guys who put AMG badges on the trunks of their regular C-Class' are Bernie supporters with their understanding that they have to dilute the top half of the spectrum in order to make themselves feel better about their own cars
gaspam (06-09-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
C300 4Matic Tenorite Grey
Originally Posted by topsider
I'm guessing all the guys who put AMG badges on the trunks of their regular C-Class' are Bernie supporters with their understanding that they have to dilute the top half of the spectrum in order to make themselves feel better about their own cars
More likely Drumph supporters since he did put a squirrel on his head.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by topsider
OMG... I was thinking the same thing...

BTW I don't support Trump. But I do agree with your observation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMG.one finally exposed!