C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Got a flat tire last night on my run-flat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Fear of Flats !

Originally Posted by MBSebas87
Same thought process every time I travel far distances. It’s a shame we can’t enjoy our cars because of fear of getting a flat .....btw I took my Subaru instead too lol
There is no need to not enjoy your car "because of fear of getting a flat". For long distance road trips, I am ready with a Plan A and Plan B response to a potential flat tire. Plan A consists of a TireFit kit (compressor + goop) to re-inflate a flat tire. Plan A worked perfectly when my car developed a flat while driving through the mountains in SE Utah. Being stuck with a flat tire, some 120 miles from the nearest town, Moab, and in temperatures of 100F was no joke. Fortunately, my TireFit kit worked as designed, so that I was able to continue on with my drive to Moab.
If my flat tire were badly damaged, I would then resort to Plan B: use the onboard jack/tools to change over the flat tire to a full size spare (a mounted snow tire). On a long road trip, I store the bagged, full sized spare behind the driver's seat. No matter where I drive, I always carry a TireFit kit, given the speed and distance limitations for a deflated RFT (max of 50 miles drivable distance @ 50 mph). By the way, a donut spare would have the same speed and distance limitations as a deflated RFT.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:49 AM

Received 205 Likes on 121 Posts
Winnebago, Yugo