MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   MB Star C4 MB SD connect 4 diagnosis tool (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/652996-mb-star-c4-mb-sd-connect-4-diagnosis-tool.html)

sfliu 02-12-2017 11:58 PM

MB Star C4 MB SD connect 4 diagnosis tool

Hi guys, I am thinking to purchase a set of MB Star C4 (Panasonic cf19) + Vediamo for my local W205 club.

The question I wanna ask is, besides using it for diagnosis purpose, is this gadget able do to software coding & programming to enable/disable extra function like video in motion, disable start/stop feature or even change the start up screen to AMG logo etc???

There's a local shop providing the software coding service but the price is ridiculously high.

If you have one in hand, please do share your experience. thanks.

Plutoe 02-13-2017 12:22 PM

Yes you an do all that with experience and understanding the cars systems. Remember you can't code a module that does not have that feature on the car.

DBOC205 02-13-2017 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by sfliu (Post 7054716)
Hi guys, I am thinking to purchase a set of MB Star C4 (Panasonic cf19) + Vediamo for my local W205 club.

The question I wanna ask is, besides using it for diagnosis purpose, is this gadget able do to software coding & programming to enable/disable extra function like video in motion, disable start/stop feature or even change the start up screen to AMG logo etc???

There's a local shop providing the software coding service but the price is ridiculously high.

If you have one in hand, please do share your experience. thanks.

You may want to do your research prior to spending the money, especially if you're looking at buying a genuine MB Panasonic touchscreen unit and mux (which are very pricey). The Chinese clone systems work OK, but for the W205 you're mostly dealing with diagnostic support. There are still things you can do such as teach-in processes etc, but for the W205, MB largely disabled support for offline coding using Xentry (well, not entirely, but effectively) , so to do any module software updates requires Online SCN, which needs a dealer login to work. You can do some of the things you want in Vediamo, but also be wary of that. Several of the modules in the car are protected (i.e. locked; e.g. the engine ) and although you can read data, you won't be able to write config bits back unless you have the key algorithm to unlock it. There are people who will sell you an unlock (most are session based) and the same holds true for Online SCN coding, but it's a shady business IMO.

I bought a kit just over a year ago (see here if you want to read about that experience). You may also want to take a look on the MHH Auto forum where a lot of the underground hang out to discuss or sell services for tweaking modules, software, Vediamo etc. Don't get your hopes up for getting much help over there though, but you will see various discussion on the types of topics you raised.

sfliu 02-13-2017 09:34 PM

Thanks for your sharing, I will explore further on this.

I have been asking the invitation code from MHH Auto for quite some time now but no luck, it seems like a strict forum to join.:nix:

Originally Posted by DBOC205 (Post 7055336)
You may want to do your research prior to spending the money, especially if you're looking at buying a genuine MB Panasonic touchscreen unit and mux (which are very pricey). The Chinese clone systems work OK, but for the W205 you're mostly dealing with diagnostic support. There are still things you can do such as teach-in processes etc, but for the W205, MB largely disabled support for offline coding using Xentry (well, not entirely, but effectively) , so to do any module software updates requires Online SCN, which needs a dealer login to work. You can do some of the things you want in Vediamo, but also be wary of that. Several of the modules in the car are protected (i.e. locked; e.g. the engine ) and although you can read data, you won't be able to write config bits back unless you have the key algorithm to unlock it. There are people who will sell you an unlock (most are session based) and the same holds true for Online SCN coding, but it's a shady business IMO.

I bought a kit just over a year ago (see here if you want to read about that experience). You may also want to take a look on the MHH Auto forum where a lot of the underground hang out to discuss or sell services for tweaking modules, software, Vediamo etc. Don't get your hopes up for getting much help over there though, but you will see various discussion on the types of topics you raised.

sfliu 02-13-2017 09:40 PM

Yes, thats what i intend to do!! Get to know more and hopefully can tweak the function a little here and there. :D

Originally Posted by Plutoe (Post 7055022)
Yes you an do all that with experience and understanding the cars systems. Remember you can't code a module that does not have that feature on the car.

DBOC205 02-13-2017 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by sfliu (Post 7055559)
I have been asking the invitation code from MHH Auto for quite some time now but no luck, it seems like a strict forum to join.:nix:

I wouldn't call it strict .. but it is certainly a tight-knit and guarded community. Not much is shared for free. It's also full of opportunists willing to cash in, so be wary of that. Once you get on, I suggest you post actual problems rather than just questions. People seem more open to help those which demonstrate that they are hacking the systems. If you simply ask "how do I do VIM" for example, you can expect a lot of silence in return. Involvement from those that know a lot only seems to come when you've experimented yourself and have run against the proverbial brick wall or you've stuffed up your car in the process ;)

sfliu 02-13-2017 10:38 PM

Very informative, thanks for sharing bro

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-w205-yet.html

Chasen11 12-21-2017 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by sfliu (Post 7055559)
Thanks for your sharing, I will explore further on this.

Yes MHH forum need money to buy a account.And the guy talk about chinese MB SD C3/C4/C5,I buy a clone one from UOBD2
V2017.12 MB SD C4 Star Diagnosis with WIFI for Cars and Trucks with Free DTS Monaco & Vediamo
http://www.uobdii.com/wholesale/mb-s...diagnosis.html

PatrikN78 01-14-2018 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Chasen11 (Post 7340858)
Yes MHH forum need money to buy a account.And the guy talk about chinese MB SD C3/C4/C5,I buy a clone one from UOBD2
V2017.12 MB SD C4 Star Diagnosis with WIFI for Cars and Trucks with Free DTS Monaco & Vediamo
http://www.uobdii.com/wholesale/mb-s...diagnosis.html

Does this kit work well with W205?
The page does not list W205 but as far as I understad a kit with UDS-chip will make it possible to diagnose W205..

apexturbo 01-14-2019 02:36 AM

If anyone will need Online SCN or latest Xentry installation service, check my thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/market/732859

Star4life 01-14-2019 03:23 PM

if anyone needs coding or special files i have all the unlocked files i am willing to sell. or i can sell services to you. i can code anyone in domestic usa. i also have oem sd connect. i am on mhha and been on for a while and can tell you pretty much anything w205 related on there. ask away. also willing to sell crash course in vediamo to get you up and going quickly. as that is the only way to code w205 cost effectively.. you can also use dts monaco but i prefer vediamo as it is easier to get my hands on.

Chasen11 03-12-2019 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by PatrikN78 (Post 7357343)

Does this kit work well with W205?
The page does not list W205 but as far as I understad a kit with UDS-chip will make it possible to diagnose W205..

Newest update is 03.2019 for this mb sd connect c4,i got information several days ago from my dealer,it is support W205 diagnosis and online programming (can not support Doip).