C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Radio firmware update?

Old 08-03-2017, 06:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250 AMG
Radio firmware update?

Has anyone had a firmware update on their radio? Especially those with the 'Burmester' sound pack.

I heard there is an update that improves the sound but not sure.

Can you just go to Mercedes dealer and request them to update the firmware? If the car is still under warranty?
Old 08-04-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by shaunds
Has anyone had a firmware update on their radio? Especially those with the 'Burmester' sound pack.

I heard there is an update that improves the sound but not sure.

Can you just go to Mercedes dealer and request them to update the firmware? If the car is still under warranty?
The "radio" itself? Or the sound system? Either way, haven't heard of an update. GENERALLY, you can't just show up and ask them to update the FW; you have to make a specific complaint that the update is supposed to solve. Some dealers are more lenient about this than others.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:55 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by nobbyv
The "radio" itself? Or the sound system? Either way, haven't heard of an update. GENERALLY, you can't just show up and ask them to update the FW; you have to make a specific complaint that the update is supposed to solve. Some dealers are more lenient about this than others.
I've had the same experience. There is always resistance.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250 AMG
Originally Posted by nobbyv
The sound system. Someone told me that there is an update that slightly fixes the EQ issues with the burmester system. But, there is no details online about any update for this.

An audio place I called quoted me £199 to do the update for me. That's crazy
Old 08-06-2017, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by shaunds
The sound system. Someone told me that there is an update that slightly fixes the EQ issues with the burmester system. But, there is no details online about any update for this.

An audio place I called quoted me £199 to do the update for me. That's crazy
If it's a Mercedes update, the only place that has access to it is Mercedes....
So unless you called a dealer, I don't think they were going to do what you thought they would do.... 😉