C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

2017 Mercedes C300 Halogens Headlights to LED headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 4matic
2017 Mercedes C300 Halogens Headlights to LED headlights

Hey, hows it going? I bought my 2017 Mercedes c300 about 4 months ago, however, it came with halogens instead of led headlights. I called service center and asked them if I could get them installed. Unfortunately, they said MB doesn't do it and I would have to get them installed aftermarket. As a result, I was wondering if this is safe, would I have to get my wires switched or something, would they fit in where the halogens are currently? If so, do you recommend a good and trustworthy website for these LED headlights.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
R350
Originally Posted by Singh345
Hey, hows it going? I bought my 2017 Mercedes c300 about 4 months ago, however, it came with halogens instead of led headlights. I called service center and asked them if I could get them installed. Unfortunately, they said MB doesn't do it and I would have to get them installed aftermarket. As a result, I was wondering if this is safe, would I have to get my wires switched or something, would they fit in where the halogens are currently? If so, do you recommend a good and trustworthy website for these LED headlights.
Not sure about the wiring, but I would assume that it wouldn't be too diffuclt.

A quick search on eBay, I think you can find a pair of LED headlights that will fit your need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-17-Mer...hZZBkQ&vxp=mtr

Good luck.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
W205 C300 (MY), X253 GLC43 (AU), W213 E400 4M (AU), S213 E220d All-Terrain (AU)
Originally Posted by Singh345
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ransplant.html

This guy managed to get it done, but it was one hell of a lot of effort.

It would've been easier to have ordered the car with LEDs from the start.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 665 Likes on 523 Posts
c
Originally Posted by xclream
Not sure about the wiring, but I would assume that it wouldn't be too diffuclt.

A quick search on eBay, I think you can find a pair of LED headlights that will fit your need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-17-Mer...hZZBkQ&vxp=mtr

Good luck.
why bother responding when you don't have a clue?
Old 08-12-2017, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
This has been discussed multiple time on MBWorld. Converting Halogens to Factory LEDs is extremely difficult to do and outrageously expensive. Requires different wiring, modules as well as programming. Buying a set of LEDs off the internet and trying to install them will not be plug and play.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250 AMG
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
This has been discussed multiple time on MBWorld. Converting Halogens to Factory LEDs is extremely difficult to do and outrageously expensive. Requires different wiring, modules as well as programming. Buying a set of LEDs off the internet and trying to install them will not be plug and play.
Correct. LED lights work on different voltage. So, if you attempted to just plug them in and use them the car would show all kinds of warning/error codes due to this voltage fluctuation.

Its not impossible, but its not cheap to get done aftermarket. As this car is almost brand new, can you just not return it and say its not what you ordered and get MB to give you a model with the LED lights? Or is 4 months to long?
Old 08-12-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by shaunds
Correct. LED lights work on different voltage. So, if you attempted to just plug them in and use them the car would show all kinds of warning/error codes due to this voltage fluctuation.

Its not impossible, but its not cheap to get done aftermarket. As this car is almost brand new, can you just not return it and say its not what you ordered and get MB to give you a model with the LED lights? Or is 4 months to long?
It's not that the car "came" with halogen lights, it's that the car he specifically wanted and purchased was only equipped with halogen lights. There's no bait and switch after signing the agreement.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 265 Likes on 181 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic traded in for a 2022 E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by shaunds

I'm picturing the sales manager trying to hold back a big belly laugh.
The following users liked this post:
davidjohnbamber (08-17-2017)
Old 08-12-2017, 08:42 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
c300
Originally Posted by yjchua
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ransplant.html

This guy managed to get it done, but it was one hell of a lot of effort.

It would've been easier to have ordered the car with LEDs from the start.
Give the guy a break. Most people didn't know every single components of the car until they bought one and got acquainted with it. Heck, I'm sure I know about the car now than some of the sale guys I visited.

So, saying it would have been easier to have ordered the car with LED from the start is true, but it's equivalent to saying it would have been easier to marry a good wife than trying to change a bad one. Sure, but the problem is you don't know the wife is bad until you're married to one
Old 08-13-2017, 07:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W205 C250 AMG
Originally Posted by DapperStyle
It's not that the car "came" with halogen lights, it's that the car he specifically wanted and purchased was only equipped with halogen lights. There's no bait and switch after signing the agreement.
ah alrighty then.

Thought those sly MB salesmen done a slight of hand
Old 08-13-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by huyuci
Give the guy a break. Most people didn't know every single components of the car until they bought one and got acquainted with it. Heck, I'm sure I know about the car now than some of the sale guys I visited.

So, saying it would have been easier to have ordered the car with LED from the start is true, but it's equivalent to saying it would have been easier to marry a good wife than trying to change a bad one. Sure, but the problem is you don't know the wife is bad until you're married to one
Apples and oranges.

One can research in-depth about a car and its equipment/options before purchasing it, but obviously not with a husband/wife.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 471 Posts
2016 C300

They just keep getting fatter and meaner until they're no longer recognizable. I still like mine because she's less fat and not as mean as my friend's wives. Also she has no idea how much a new Mercedes costs.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
no, it came with halogen. It's like apple putting 16 GB on an iPhone. There will be a time when mercedes won't even have halogen. It's embarrassing that they still sell cars with halogen lights
Old 08-13-2017, 11:47 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by unr1
no, it came with halogen. It's like apple putting 16 GB on an iPhone. There will be a time when mercedes won't even have halogen. It's embarrassing that they still sell cars with halogen lights
"it came with halogens instead of led headlights"

It's not some luck of the draw or random lottery. He CHOSE the car with halogen lights.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:55 AM

c300
Apples and oranges.

One can research in-depth about a car and its equipment/options before purchasing it, but obviously not with a husband/wife.
So you've never made a mistake before whatsoever?
Old 08-13-2017, 11:58 AM

c300
"it came with halogens instead of led headlights"

It's not some luck of the draw or random lottery. He CHOSE the car with halogen lights.
Some people, including me, didn't pay attention to or realize what the headlights can do to the look of the car until they have the car for a couple days. It's defined in the dictionary as "making a mistake".
Old 08-15-2017, 09:30 PM

So you've never made a mistake before whatsoever?
At least not when buying big ticket items that cost 5 or 6 figures.

Who buys such items without at least a month or so of in-depth research and deliberation?
Old 08-15-2017, 10:32 PM

c300
At least not when buying big ticket items that cost 5 or 6 figures.

Who buys such items without at least a month or so of in-depth research and deliberation?
Good for you. Others make mistakes. Shjt happens. That's why they call it mistakes. We learn from it and we try to rectify it.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:43 PM

c300
Usually no one. But everyone's situation is different. For me, the deal expired in a few days. That plus the risk of the wife changing her mind anytime. So, it was kind of buy it or lose it. And that was just me. There are countless other guys with different situations. And I'm sure many of the guys here regret not getting an option or 2. Look it up. There's a long thread for that.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
An HID retrofit would probably be easier than an LED retrofit.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:09 PM

c300
Originally Posted by Mr. J
An HID retrofit would probably be easier than an LED retrofit.
Certainly. But all it does is change the light color. The LED totally changes the look of the car.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Certainly. But all it does is change the light color. The LED totally changes the look of the car.
Well, a quality full HID retrofit with projectors would split the difference. It wouldn't look quite as cool as the LED projectors but it would dress the car up a lot and be a major improvement in light output.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:10 AM

c300
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Well, a quality full HID retrofit with projectors would split the difference. It wouldn't look quite as cool as the LED projectors but it would dress the car up a lot and be a major improvement in light output.
Do you have a pic of it? I assume when you said HID, you mean replacing the halogen bulb with HID bulb? And the light housing is still the same? If that's the case, as I mentioned, it's good for the light output, but it doesn't do anything for the car aesthetically. People want the LED lights mainly because of the look when it's off with the DRL.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Do you have a pic of it? I assume when you said HID, you mean replacing the halogen bulb with HID bulb? And the light housing is still the same? If that's the case, as I mentioned, it's good for the light output, but it doesn't do anything for the car aesthetically. People want the LED lights mainly because of the look when it's off with the DRL.
Not just the bulbs man, I'm talking about a full retrofit. Either replacing the housings with new ones that contain proper projectors for HID emitters or baking and cutting the stock housings and adding aftermarket projectors and HID emitters.

Just adding HID emitters looks like $h!t and glares like crazy. The only way to make one of these conversions look good is to do a full retrofit. It's a bit of work but not nearly as complicated as what you did with your HID conversion. There are shops that will do a custom job or new housings can be purchased online. It's no going to look as intriguing as the LED projectors but it will look way better than the halogens did.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
R350
Originally Posted by alexasa
why bother responding when you don't have a clue?
Dude?? WTF is your problem?? PMS? ****ing chill.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2017 Mercedes C300 Halogens Headlights to LED headlights