MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   C350e Hybrid battery is start going bad. 5 month car (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/690795-c350e-hybrid-battery-start-going-bad-5-month-car.html)

Thawatchai 12-02-2017 12:30 PM

C350e Hybrid battery is start going bad. 5 month car

I have bough C350e 5 months ago. When I got the car I prefer to drive with battery. I found that I can drive only by battery around 30km after fully charge. Since last 4 months I never check how km I can drive after fully charge only by battery. two days ago I start checking again and found that it is only around 25 km. I re-check again yesterday and today it is same. and also electric range say only 25 km after fully charge. The mileage is 3738 km only.

Could anybody let me know this is normal or there is something wrong with battery?

ManiacGT 12-02-2017 03:59 PM

A) it will learn your driving style
b) has the weather changed?

Mbracer26 12-02-2017 04:57 PM

How did you manage to get 30km out of it, most I can pull from it is 16km or 10miles. please tell me your secrets

Thawatchai 12-02-2017 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacGT (Post 7325965)
A) it will learn your driving style
b) has the weather changed?

Thanks for your comment , ManiacGT

a) If it learn from my driving style then I think this is normal. Because first week when I got it I drive carefully with low acceration because I.did not get used to with the car. After getting used to it then I drive normal as I used to drive the previous car.
b)Weather change but not a lot in Thailand. So I think the reason is as your comment , it learn from my driving.

Thanks a lot for your comment.

Thawatchai 12-02-2017 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mbracer26 (Post 7326011)
How did you manage to get 30km out of it, most I can pull from it is 16km or 10miles. please tell me your secrets

Usually I drive in comfortable mode with medium acceleration. But in the first week I drive with very low acceleration then I can get 30 km.
Thanks for your information. With your info then I think this is normal.

CA_E55 03-25-2018 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Thawatchai (Post 7326196)
Usually I drive in comfortable mode with medium acceleration. But in the first week I drive with very low acceleration then I can get 30 km.
Thanks for your information. With your info then I think this is normal.

Curious - does your range indicator show 30 km after a full charge? I just got a C350e and the most the range indicator shows is 23km...........on my way to the dealer :-(

CA_E55 03-25-2018 11:32 PM

BTW.........did you read this?

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-charging.html

sounds like a good explanation for the range discrepancy........

JIMSHANN 04-01-2018 06:30 PM

I have had my C350e for nearly 18 months and nothing has changed, as far as battery mileage is concerned.
Battery mileage depends on how you drive the car. Unless you really *****foot when driving, a realistic fully charged battery will only show a maximum of 23/24kms.
Sometimes mine only shows 18kms. This depends on how I had driven the car just prior to charging. The computer estimates what you will get, based on your previous driving style.
This is the same as the estimation of kms left with your petrol useage.
There have been numerous comments about the "31kms", but, no one ever seems to have achieved that
In reality, I think I do not get more than 13/15kms from a fully charged battery. Most of my driving is done in Sydney with a lot of stop start driving and this may explain this.
However, when I look at my trip meter, the average petrol consumption is around 6 litre./100kms(45 IMPG). I think this is good. I would be interested to know what a C250 would do under similar circumstances.
In general, I am disappointed that the hybrid doesn't do what is claimed. However, this is made up for, by the good torque and acceleration and comfort from the Airmatic suspension.

CA_E55 04-02-2018 12:57 AM

I previously had a Fisker Karma plug-in hybrid with a similar lower range vs. the claimed range, although the advertised range was 50 miles - seems to be a typical marketing plot of claiming a good range under ideal conditions. I recon the A/C is a huge energy drain in these cars. I agree with Jimsahann that the ability to provide torque-fill (term coined by McLaren for the P1) is another welcome trait of these hybrids - no perceptible turbo lag as the AC motor boosts full torque of 340 Nm instantly until the IC gets into boost. Good range explanation in this clip: