MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   New Benz guy need some help (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/695073-new-benz-guy-need-some-help.html)

MashinA 01-11-2018 03:38 PM

New Benz guy need some help

First off i dont even know if im in the right section but i couldnt find a c300 sections so here I am. I am looking into buying a used '17 C300 and i have a few questions. Ive never owned a Mercedes before so im a bit of a newby. The 1st thing im getting really confused on is the packages and the features that come with the car. Can you guys provide a link with a more detail break down of the packages and what comes standard with the car. For example is the mbrace package with remote start standard, or is that something you have to add on. Also i saw that there is an option for the windshield projection info but that is not listed in any of the packages. If the car has the rear camera does it automatically have the 180 degree view or is that only part of a certain package? Next i will be looking into modding it a bit so i would want to start with some coilovers and wheels. Being that the car has some special adjustabel suspension am i able to lower it and also can i run staggered wheels on it without messing up any sensors? I would appreciate your guys' help as i begin my journey with MB!

mirkee1 01-11-2018 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by MashinA (Post 7355479)
First off i dont even know if im in the right section but i couldnt find a c300 sections so here I am. I am looking into buying a used '17 C300 and i have a few questions. Ive never owned a Mercedes before so im a bit of a newby. The 1st thing im getting really confused on is the packages and the features that come with the car. Can you guys provide a link with a more detail break down of the packages and what comes standard with the car. For example is the mbrace package with remote start standard, or is that something you have to add on. Also i saw that there is an option for the windshield projection info but that is not listed in any of the packages. If the car has the rear camera does it automatically have the 180 degree view or is that only part of a certain package? Next i will be looking into modding it a bit so i would want to start with some coilovers and wheels. Being that the car has some special adjustabel suspension am i able to lower it and also can i run staggered wheels on it without messing up any sensors? I would appreciate your guys' help as i begin my journey with MB!

We just bought a 2017 with 9000 miles on it. Dealer loaner car. One year old and the 1st maintenance had just been don on it. Very good deal. It's stripped, but even stripped this car has a lot of features. We had bought a cla250 previously which we took back as it was torture on my back. That car came with the $800 LED package and we can't tell the difference between that and the regular stock light on the C300. There is a further lighting option for $2000. I added a Gamin SD card last night but still having a hard time trying to figure out if I get traffic updates and re-routing based on that. Very difficult to get straight information. Very happy with the car. If you are young and limber, you may like the cla250 for $10,000 less. The C300 is deffinitely a smoother riding car and the seats are much more comfortable for me. I try to stay away from options and packages as they add too much to the price, in my view. $40,000 car becomes $50+ real quick. I think Mercedes makes a lot of their money on options and packages.

DoorHandle_LED 01-11-2018 09:55 PM

Go to: https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehic...-C/model-C300W and click on view all under each section. There are lots of options listed. Yes, this is for the 2018. But not much as change from 2017 to 2018. I suggest getting a c300 back from lease as these tend to have a decent amount of options without paying full price.

Jmilt87 01-11-2018 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by mirkee1 (Post 7355648)
We just bought a 2017 with 9000 miles on it. Dealer loaner car. One year old and the 1st maintenance had just been don on it. Very good deal. It's stripped, but even stripped this car has a lot of features. We had bought a cla250 previously which we took back as it was torture on my back. That car came with the $800 LED package and we can't tell the difference between that and the regular stock light on the C300. There is a further lighting option for $2000.

Thanks for the info. Probably going to look at a 2017 loaner C300 this weekend. I wanted to know about the lights as well, I think I see all of the newer models with the LED strips on the lights. Is that stock on all of them?

Any more tips appreciated :)

sunk318 01-11-2018 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jmilt87 (Post 7355830)
Thanks for the info. Probably going to look at a 2017 loaner C300 this weekend. I wanted to know about the lights as well, I think I see all of the newer models with the LED strips on the lights. Is that stock on all of them?

Any more tips appreciated :)

It doesn't come with it stock.

You need either "Advanced Lighting Package" which gives adaptive LED lights or "LED headlamps and taillamps" option for regular LED lights.

Good luck with search.

Jmilt87 01-12-2018 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by sunk318 (Post 7355873)
It doesn't come with it stock.

You need either "Advanced Lighting Package" which gives adaptive LED lights or "LED headlamps and taillamps" option for regular LED lights.

Good luck with search.

Thanks. Does anyone have a picture comparison? I can’t seem to have any luck searching online.

pete_w 01-12-2018 10:16 AM

Here are pictures of the three types. The ILS package is my 2015, so it might like *slightly* different on the 2017/2018 models (I'm not sure if anything changed). The other two are 2018 model cars. The halogen are very easy to see the difference, but the LED vs. ILS are more subtle and it might be easier to check the options sheet instead of going by looks alone.

Hope that helps.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b9d9fc6033.jpg

Base Halogen Headlights
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...80f374bdec.jpg

Static LED Headlights
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...323ef05d84.jpg

ILS Intelligent Lighting Package

Jmilt87 01-12-2018 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by pete_w (Post 7356064)
Here are pictures of the three types. The ILS package is my 2015, so it might like *slightly* different on the 2017/2018 models (I'm not sure if anything changed). The other two are 2018 model cars. The halogen are very easy to see the difference, but the LED vs. ILS are more subtle and it might be easier to check the options sheet instead of going by looks alone.

Hope that helps.

Base Halogen Headlights

Static LED Headlights

ILS Intelligent Lighting Package

Very helpful. Thank you!

MashinA 01-12-2018 05:58 PM

does any one know if we can lower these cars without messing up the adjustable suspension and throwing any lights on the dash?