Brand new C43 AMG Check engine - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C Class (W205)
Brand new C43 AMG Check engine > Brand new C43 AMG Check engine
Notices
C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new C43 AMG Check engine

Reply

 
 
Old 01-11-2018, 05:48 PM
  #1
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Brand new C43 AMG Check engine

Hello, just bought my first Mercedes and what a bad experience. 5kms out of the dealer and check engine light? How? I brought it back to the dealer same day as i picked it up. Heartbroken.
Aveo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:40 PM
  #2
Senior Member
 
GerritKw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 264
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
C350e
Originally Posted by Aveo22 View Post
Hello, just bought my first Mercedes and what a bad experience. 5kms out of the dealer and check engine light? How? I brought it back to the dealer same day as i picked it up. Heartbroken.
Any news from the dealer?
GerritKw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:47 PM
  #3
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Just spoke to service and apparently its an emission leak. They are waiting to hear back from Merc Canada on what to do. Emission leak on a 11km car lol. Ridiculous man.
Aveo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:41 PM
  #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
W205 C250
Maybe it's better for ya it happened right away.

Last edited by Terminator1; 01-12-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Terminator1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 PM
  #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C300 W205, GLE300
Originally Posted by Aveo22 View Post
Just spoke to service and apparently its an emission leak. They are waiting to hear back from Merc Canada on what to do. Emission leak on a 11km car lol. Ridiculous man.

Perhaps you didnít break-in the vehicle properly to 1000k/5000k(amg)? Thatís a big deal i think...
Both our 2016s gle+c300 have been perfect with no problems(besides an unpatchable runflat-flat tire..
A2thek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:12 PM
  #6
Super Member
 
DapperStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 605
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
2014 C300
Originally Posted by A2thek View Post



Perhaps you didnít break-in the vehicle properly to 1000k/5000k(amg)? Thatís a big deal i think...
Both our 2016s gle+c300 have been perfect with no problems(besides an unpatchable runflat-flat tire..
Going off his post heís only driven the car 3 miles before this issue appeared. 11 kilometers total = 6.8 miles, itís barely seen pavement.
DapperStyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:04 PM
  #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 262 Times in 224 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
We have recently had some 2018 AMG's that have had defective one-way valves on the intake lines running into the turbo - throws a purge-vale/charcoal-cannister CEL light - but in instake line one-way valve..
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:53 AM
  #8
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Is the break-in theory necessary? If yes, does anyone have a proper instruction on how to do it since i read so many different methods on break-ins. Dont know whos right or wrong.
Aveo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:56 AM
  #9
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 View Post
We have recently had some 2018 AMG's that have had defective one-way valves on the intake lines running into the turbo - throws a purge-vale/charcoal-cannister CEL light - but in instake line one-way valve..

They did tell me initially its intake related, then they said emission leak. At this point i dont think they know what it is. Hence they sent the diagnostics to MB Canada.
Mine is an 18' C43
Aveo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:49 AM
  #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C300 W205, GLE300
Originally Posted by Aveo22 View Post
Is the break-in theory necessary? If yes, does anyone have a proper instruction on how to do it since i read so many different methods on break-ins. Dont know whos right or wrong.
I canít speak to AMGs, i wish i could...baby(s?).
But, I canít believe the first thing you didnít do, the night of your delivery, was read your ownerís manual.
I read mines(sic), that night, and i know there are detailed instructions on the break-in period.
Enjoy your dope AMG(eventually )
A2thek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:50 AM
  #11
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by A2thek View Post


I canít speak to AMGs, i wish i could...baby(s?).
But, I canít believe the first thing you didnít do, the night of your delivery, was read your ownerís manual.
I read mines(sic), that night, and i know there are detailed instructions on the break-in period.
Enjoy your dope AMG(eventually )
I wish i had the chance to lol. Check engine light came on when i got in front of my house haha!!
Aveo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM
  #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 262 Times in 224 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well...might be same issue we wrestled this past week


On a new S63 - code came out as Purge/Charcoal-Filter - when in fact it was this obscure faulty line-integrated-check-valve - and you have similar line/valve in your C43 actually... photo attached - I am just saying it "might" be same issue
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Conchasjim
W219
3
01-12-2018 07:28 PM
yavor
New M-Class (W166)
6
01-11-2018 06:15 PM
Sulaco
W211 AMG
20
01-11-2018 09:33 AM
bra10j
C63/C63S AMG
1
01-10-2018 05:09 PM


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Copyright © 2001-2018 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: