C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Upgrading headlights (C class W205, sedan)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 01:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB c300 2017
I have nooo idea to anyone this but I really want to replace those ugly halogens to LEDS. I bought a used c300 2017 and I hate the halogens
Old 03-29-2018, 01:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MB c300 2017
Hey ,
Were you able to change your headlights?
Old 04-02-2018, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by huyuci
Seems like you've been on this endeavor since last year. Are you not making any progress?
i started looking into it in january or february. maybe you are thinking of carplay retrofit which i have also figured out how to do.

both items arent my top priority as i work a full time day job as an engineer and also run my own business at night. so this gets pushed to the side. also wiating to find the right pair of headlights. also wanted to wait for warmer weather as up here in Michigan USA its still getting to 20s at night which is colder than id like to be pulling panels on a car.

but both carplay and the headlight conversion I have figured out electrically. Will just need to get installed and figure out code as I go with my new star diag system and vediamo.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Mercedes ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by MBFTW_111
Hello,

so I want to change the headlights on my C class W205, before I buy the LED headlights I had to be sure if that is even possible.
What's the process of upgrading from this:

To this:

Will the headlights turn on slowly when I unlock my car like I've seen on internet?

Thank you!!!

Check this out....

I bought from this guy for $2400.00 now my ML 350 has ILS and curve assist.

I upgraded my W166 from halogen to ILS and works!!!

Last edited by wiwiauler985; 04-25-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
I am running into a million threads on people wanting to change the lights and people who changed the lights but no one is actually telling anyone how to change the lights the hell lol...
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by c300amgpack
Hey ,
Were you able to change your headlights?

check this his company out, I upgraded my ML with this company from China. Now my ML has led ils curve assist, steering follow up.
This company also recode my vehicle to work with ILS without the need of level sensors or the camera on the windshield.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by PocketWatch
I am running into a million threads on people wanting to change the lights and people who changed the lights but no one is actually telling anyone how to change the lights the hell lol...
I got my headlights from China, two headlights wire hardness plus the can communication module, total cost was $2450 and that includes the recoding of my vehicle.

They are on Facebook....
Specializing in intelligent upgrade modified headlight body decoration.
Search them, really cool upgrades.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
because its not a simple plug and play. youll need to change wiring, change headlights, change/add camera/windshield, and recode control modules. I am contemplating a write up buy 95% of you could not do it alone most likely.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:36 PM

c300
Originally Posted by Star4life
because its not a simple plug and play. youll need to change wiring, change headlights, change/add camera/windshield, and recode control modules. I am contemplating a write up buy 95% of you could not do it alone most likely.

do it ! I would be forever grateful ive done halogen upgrades on my Camaro so im not a stranger to it.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
do it ! I would be forever grateful ive done halogen upgrades on my Camaro so im not a stranger to it.

do you have a star diagnostics system with vediamo or vedoc/scn access? if not, you cant complete the upgrade. If you get the SDS system, you can pay people to code it for you as well.

I can tell you for those of you with c300s, this upgrade is much harder than the c43/c63. the level sensors alone are a pain. the amg vehicles all have level sensors installed already and are fed to are adjustable suspension module.

Does c300 have an option for adjustable dampers?
Old 07-17-2018, 11:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
C300
Originally Posted by MBFTW_111
Hello,

so I want to change the headlights on my C class W205, before I buy the LED headlights I had to be sure if that is even possible.
What's the process of upgrading from this:

To this:

Will the headlights turn on slowly when I unlock my car like I've seen on internet?

Thank you!!!
you can buy the plug and play Dual LED headlight, here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mercede...-/282982968277

it works very good, super bright, no error code.. you may want to check my installation post.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:38 PM

c300
is doing this worth it? i just bought a 2017 and feel i should be content but its hard......
Old 01-21-2019, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by tonero
is doing this worth it? i just bought a 2017 and feel i should be content but its hard......
yes but will cost a few thousand.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:23 PM

c300
yes but will cost a few thousand.
Lets see as it goes , i mean its not soooo bad , this is my first benz so i cant really complain.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:29 PM

2015 C220d BLUETEC
Thank you so much

the amount of work to upgrade is essentially the same. the only difference is front level sensor connection and camera in windshield. If you already have spot for camera in windshield then I would do ILS. if you dont have spot in windshield for camera then staic is fine.

buy harness from here
https://www.kabeldaviko.de/product_i...e-631-632.html.

install rear level sensors and wires.

change headlight switch

install static headlights.

code IC, front sam, headlights, ignition module and and they should work.

a lot of connecions are same as ILS, so if you have windshield i would recommend doing ILS if you are already putting in all this work.
Thank you so much , i tried it today and i worked for me....
But the problems is, i have messages of both blinkers and front headlight on my dashboard.
How to get rid of that please?
Old 05-08-2023, 02:23 PM

Mercedes Benz C-300 W205
Upgrading my 2016 W205 from Halogen to LED headlights

i looked through all of your headlight upgrade threads and applaud your effort. I am an electrical engineer and work in the automotive industry designing electrical systems for drive line. We actually supply to mercedes a few things . So headlights are a breeze.

The first thing I did, was spent $60 for 24 hour access to mercedes startek info. this gave me access to all of the wiring diagrams needed for headlights Not to down what you did, but $60 would have saved you a whole lotta time rather than trying each individual pin and risking frying something.

I am debating whether to share these documents to everyone for free. Becuase not only did it take a little money, it took me hours to make my own pdf catalogue off all the headlight wiring assemblies and of everything they connect to with the legends. I also have a few others that people may be interested in

I only have 1 question I have not been able to figure out so far, and its not due to wiring diagrams. Mercedes does not specify the use of level sensors in the USA vs Europe vs asia etc. That is why I have been asking for pictures of peoples ILS headlight connectors, because I am trying to see if I can group certain cars with and without the level sensor wiring and make a pattern. But so far, in the USA, the level sensor wiring seems totally random. Some have it and some dont. But in the USA since we have "dumb" ILS, I do not think our cars use the level sensors, which makes this upgrade extrememly easy.

So anyway, for halogen to ILS

You must run all new wires. Must change headlight switch, must change headlights, then must code front sam, insturment cluster, and ignition switch control module. If you want a true ILS, you may or may not have to change windshield depending on if you haave a camera already or not, then you will need to run wiring to camera. All this does if give you the auto high beam. if you dont install the ils will function the same as static or halogen high beam.

Level sensors are TBD. But in the USA i do not think you need them. as far as I can tell, the usa models do not use this input. Its not an easy task, but if you know what you are doing the upgrade is not that difficult.

Hello, I already installed the new headlights. Im confused on the wiring. I never received any instructions from the seller ( VLAND.com). Do you know where i can get the wires to connect to the battery., and lr the modules if needed. Mercedes dealership already advised they could do the scn programming. Thank you in advance
Old 05-08-2023, 02:44 PM

Mercedes Benz C-300 W205
Originally Posted by huyuci
Did you actually get it to work? I tried, and even when I figured out the correct wire for everything, the current is not strong enough to support the DRL (this is after voltage boost). I had to wire them directly to the battery terminals. It may work at first, but it would intermittently turn themselves off.
Most of us don't have access to the coding anyway. And dealers would definitely say no to this kind of project.
Spoiler

hey man im trying to do the same thing you are with the headlights. I already installed them on my car ( w205 2016). Where did you get the wires and how you installed them. Exactly.Thank you