C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Battery Benz W205, buy a new battery, what, how much, where, when ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2021, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts
2022 E53 AMG
You don't need to do anything when you unplug the battery. I have unplugged the battery many times to help protect the car when I'm installing electrical things like my Digital Dash and my Larger Screen plus other things I have done inside the car. Just make sure you get a sealed battery and not a cheap battery which is open.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cosworth2000:
benzw205 (01-14-2021), luxuries (08-31-2024)
Old 01-14-2021, 06:15 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
benzw205
This is what a youtube video has confirmed

Originally Posted by Cosworth2000
You don't need to do anything when you unplug the battery. I have unplugged the battery many times to help protect the car when I'm installing electrical things like my Digital Dash and my Larger Screen plus other things I have done inside the car. Just make sure you get a sealed battery and not a cheap battery which is open.

This is what a youtube video has confirmed. Thank you !

The following users liked this post:
luxuries (08-31-2024)
Old 01-14-2021, 08:27 AM

Received 80 Likes on 40 Posts
2016 C300 sedan
Originally Posted by Txcoupe
H7 AGM AAA branded Interstate. 3 yr free replacement + 3 yr discounted. $265 ($200 + $45 labor + tax). They were at our house in 15 min. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick reply. I just checked their website and they priced me $189 plus possible labor charges, states its an 48 AGM-c for $189. I am a AAA member so maybe there is a discount? I'm going to call them today. That model through Napa is $159 with a AAA discount. Plus it has a $20 rebate right now, but looking at the specs it's a 760 CCA battery. Looking under my hood I have an 800 CCA battery. I'm going to call AAA today and talk to them, there is a local AAA car care center nearby I can check with.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikec35:
luxuries (08-31-2024), RonBaker (02-11-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C220
I need a help. A few weeks ago I got message “ Stop vehicle shift to p leave engine running”. And Start-stop didnt work. Then I charged the main battery but the message occured again.

So I bought a brand new Mercedes battery with the same part Nr. and replaced it by myself. The car was out of power about 1/2 hour.

When I plugged it, following red message showed: Battery not charged. While driving it change to white “Charge battery.”

Does the battery need to be activated by dealer workshop?

Note: the new battery is fully charged. Tried to connect obd2 but no error reported. The engine starts as new even in cold mornings.
The following users liked this post:
luxuries (08-31-2024)
Old 02-10-2021, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C400, 2015 GL550, 2005 R1
I'm wondering if your car is a different firmware and it's the auxiliary battery for the white code? But that doesn't explain the main battery dying - I haven't looked into it myself aside from what others said in this post about bringing it to the dealer to reprogram it which might suck but we may be gated behind things we don't have the ability to get to by normal means.

I can only attest from my (very limited) experience with my auxiliary battery failing in my 2015 C400. I'll be honest the only reason I changed it was every 2-5 seconds it would pop up on my screen and 1) it's annoying flashing at you, and 2) good lord it made using the instrument cluster impossible - otherwise it had absolutely no effect on the car for me as I drove without auto start/stop. It showed a white error message about the aux. battery malfunction and I ended up buying (I want to say either $80 or $130) the part directly from a Mercedes dealer near me as they commonly go out. The part numbers are updated over time (I assume with the design) and they give you a core charge when you swap it out - mine (LHD) was under the passenger (right) footwell and wasn't too bad to get to with a few torx (star) bits and some mechanical agitation of pieces. It's not a traditional "POSITIVE NEGATIVE DON'T TIP IT" battery, it's a couple of capacitors soldered to a brick of silicone covered in a heap of plastic providing the same job as a teeny tiny rapid battery. It looks like a small black brick with a single connector. If it wasn't blizzarding outside I'd get you a pic of the old part! To my knowledge it is for the stop/start system to aid in the starter but I'm not even close to certain on it so hopefully someone can provide more assistance.

Also sorry if this doesn't help your issue at all, but free bump right?
Old 09-11-2024, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz
BOSCH battery model AGM LN4 - A lot cheaper, any problem ?

Originally Posted by benzw205
Battery Benz W205, buy a new battery, what, how much, where, when ?

Hello,

Have you changed you C-class main battery yet ? After how many years ? And how much did you pay it ?

Is it always cheaper somewhere else or prices are similar at the dealer ? Can we find the same good battery as original (or better?) if not buying at Benz ?

I am wondering because after few years I still didn't change this battery, do I need to worry ? Or did I understand well that thanks to the auxiliary battery the car will still start to allow me to drive somewhere to buy a new battery ?

Thank you for your knowledge !

Hello,

BOSCH battery model AGM LN4 is a lot cheaper, so I am wondering if anybody tried it ?

Or can you confirm that there are reasons why I cannot find posts about this battery in a w205 ?

Cheers 😍

Old 09-11-2024, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz
Originally Posted by GLO
My 2015 C250 Bluetec uses a Varta F21 battery. the bosche equivalent is BOSCH S6 DIN LN4

Also mine is diesel, which requires more CCA but the BOSCH S6 DIN LN4 has the same rating.

Its easy to access the battery, so just check the current model in your engine bay.

Hope that helps.

hello, have you tried the bosh on a benz w205 ? Thanks.