C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

NO BRAKES!! 2015 C Class C300 Hybrid W205 New Shape

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C300 2015
Angry NO BRAKES!! 2015 C Class C300 Hybrid W205 New Shape

I have had my new car for 4 months it has been great its a 2015 Facelift C300 which is Hybrid 65K unfortunately just out of mercedes Warranty by weeks

On the 12th of June 2018 my brakes Failed on the motorway!!! Thank God that i didn't have my kids in the car and was doing 70mph!!

I was driving along with my wife and had 2 light pop up on the dashboard. I Check the computer on the car and it said no messages surely if your brakes fail you should get a message displayed.

The only reason i found out it was my brakes is that my wife was sat next to me and read the handbook quickly. She said it's your brakes so i tried to brake and the brake pedal was solid!!

I eventually got the car to slow down with my hazard lights on and had the car recovered and taken to a Mercedes Benz dealership. Mercedes would recover it because it was just out of warrenty

The car has now been in 2 days I rang twice no response was told that someone would ring me back eventually got a message saying that the car we will looked at the car on tuesday which takes the car to 5 days without being looked at.

Spoke to friend that is a mechanic and he said possibly the Servo Pump

has anyone else had an issue like this the brakes failing ?

any input would be grateful

Last edited by Marc K; 06-18-2018 at 09:35 AM. Reason: title
Old 06-20-2018, 09:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W 205 c220d 2018
Originally Posted by Marc K

I have had my new car for 4 months it has been great its a 2015 Facelift C300 which is Hybrid 65K unfortunately just out of mercedes Warranty by weeks

On the 12th of June 2018 my brakes Failed on the motorway!!! Thank God that i didn't have my kids in the car and was doing 70mph!!

I was driving along with my wife and had 2 light pop up on the dashboard. I Check the computer on the car and it said no messages surely if your brakes fail you should get a message displayed.

The only reason i found out it was my brakes is that my wife was sat next to me and read the handbook quickly. She said it's your brakes so i tried to brake and the brake pedal was solid!!

I eventually got the car to slow down with my hazard lights on and had the car recovered and taken to a Mercedes Benz dealership. Mercedes would recover it because it was just out of warrenty

The car has now been in 2 days I rang twice no response was told that someone would ring me back eventually got a message saying that the car we will looked at the car on tuesday which takes the car to 5 days without being looked at.

any input would be grateful
That must have been a frightening experience! Not sure about the 300/400 Hybrid model designations, but if yours is a diesel, it will almost certainly be the Servo Pump. Shouldn't be hugely expensive but worth looking for a contribution from MB given the age of the car.

Not sure what you are saying about the recovery of the car; if it had full MB service history, MB would (should) have recovered it under Mobilo.

Let us know what the outcome is.

Your experience underlines one of the benefits of Mobilo / FMBSH as I think they would have given you a hire vehicle for when yours was of the road.

Ernie
Old 06-20-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
Any word yet?
Old 06-21-2018, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C300 2015
C300 brakes failed

hi Ernie mrJay

Had a response from Mercedes

2 failed units
electrical pump £800 doing that under good will ,
other pump £400 they doing that 50% off so total fitted £200

looking to fit on Monday now when parts are in

It’s a matter of time when someone looses brakes and someone gets hurt 😔 theses units should not fail just being 3 years old.

My previous c class w205 c220 never had a issue 6 years no issues this new car 🙁 and that car now is 10 years old

still don’t agree in having to pay to fix a fault that Should be covered even tho the car is just out of MB warranty but my options are slim having no warranty

Old 06-21-2018, 11:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C300 RWD
That blows man. What was the other pump? Glad novone was hurt.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W 205 c220d 2018
£200 is bad enough, but shouldn't have happened on such a new car. I take it that when you said there were no brakes, it was literally that...nothing. Or was it a lack of servo making the brakes so heavy that it was almost impossible to stop the car? It might be worth mentioning that the Parking Brake switch can be held on to stop the car in an emergency, but it must be held as it won't latch when the car is moving. Clearly, that could also bring its own problems as acting on the rear wheels, it could through you into a skid.

At any rate, I'm glad you are ok because it could have turned out very differently.

ERnie
Old 06-22-2018, 12:25 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
The other day, I went to start the car and I couldn't start it because the brakes were stiff. Eventually I got it to start, but, with what you had said, I am now wondering if my brakes were giving me a sign that they might give out also. Hmm, i dunno..happened only once, so I hope it was just something random but it is a scary thought, and rather dangerous for something like this to happen on the road while driving.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
My friend had the same issue 2 years ago,

when he went to the dealer for Engine oil change, the mech. guy opened the brake oil tank cap to check the oil level,

then he forgot to tighten up the brake oil cap,

when mech. guy ride the car for check up, almost all oil went away gradually..!,

servo pump & pressure sensor went bad & noooooooo brakes then, that makes Hydraulic pump shuts-off, to prevent damage the whole unit..!!

the workshop manager changed the servo pump & pressure sensor, with full reset of brake system, as a Compensation of that nice mech. guy mistaken..

-;ZAYED;-
Old 12-14-2020, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220d 2018
E220d 2018 No Brakes

A bit late to this thread but thought worth adding

So, I have just experienced the same - no brakes on Thursday morning - 10th December 2020.
Cant fault the service - collection and courtesy car, but that is just masking the severity of this issue.

Car is a 2018 and I have been told today that it is the vacuum pump contaminated with oil. Its not quick fix either - apparently the engine needs to be removed. At least they are honest.

Staggering this can happen - I don’t actually want the car back..

QUOTE=Marc K;7479582]

any input would be grateful[/QUOTE]
Old 07-07-2021, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Hybrid
I have just experienced the same problem.

My wife left home in our 2015 C300 Bluetek Hybrid (barely 50,000 miles on the clock) the other morning arrived at the junction at the end of the road only to find the car's brakes had failed.

Managed to get the car back home and contacted Mercedes who were no help at all. I was told that if I could get the vehicle to their workshop they would have a look at it.

I arranged for a recovery truck and had the car taken to Mercedes. I had a phone call from a guy there who acknowledged that they had received the car and asked what the problem was and when I told him the brakes had failed without any warning he immediately said because of the model it would probably be the brake servo vacuum pump. Their diagnostic check confirmed he was correct.

I am now faced with a bill of £174+ for the diagnostics and over £1100 for the repair and no idea when I'm likely to get the car back, it's been over a week already.

It's frightening that this can happen without any warning and that there has been no vehicle recall as it has obviously happened before, are they waiting for someone to be killed before dealing with it.

All this comes two weeks after having spent £700 on replacement Nox sensors because of an AdBlue malfunction, what is really annoying is the fact that they were replaced just over 2 years ago (again at a cost of over £700) and the car has only done 13700 miles in that time. The second MOT cost me over £2000 together with over £1200 for a set of tyres.

I am seriously considering getting rid of the car when it comes back.