C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Garmin map pilot alternate route

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c class
Garmin map pilot alternate route

Driving 2017 c 200 sport in uk when Satnav offered alternatives route re roadworks. How does one take up said offer safely while driving please?
Old 10-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E220d SE
Garmin Map Pilot

E Class 220d Premium Plus. I have the same problem. Did you ever resolve it?
Old 10-03-2018, 09:18 AM

mercedes c class
Not yet but I’m working on it! I’ll post when I’ve cracked it.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:02 AM

E220d SE
Garmin Map Pilot

Dear Prof Peyton

Thank you for your swift response. I have seen a suggested solution elsewhere.

When the "alternative route etc" caption appears
1. Press control wheel
2. Scroll to Traffic
3. Select top item "Notifications"
4. Select one of the offered Alternative Routes

I have not had the opportunity to try this yet.

Another possibility seems to be via the voice control
1. When the caption appears press Voice on the Steering wheel
2. Ask for Alternative Route

I tried this just with a route running but the options didn't include Alternative Route! Only Detour but the Caption had not appeared offering an Alternative Route so I'm not sure if this was a valid test.

I cannot believe that this problem is not solveable but 2 MB Dealers & Garmin have not been able to help

I'll post if I get anything further
The following users liked this post:
Prof Peyton (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 10:11 AM

mercedes c class
Many thanks Don. Have just had a callback from my MB dealer with almost exactly what you detailed! I’m not sure I would try anything while driving though! I’m also trying to find a way of calling up a route map that shows an outline of a route that has just been requested, any thoughts? Prof!
Old 10-03-2018, 10:15 AM

E220d SE
Prof I'll give it a try
Old 10-12-2018, 11:56 AM

E220d SE
Smile Garmin Map Pilot Alternative Route Issues

Originally Posted by Don378F
Prof I'll give it a try
First trip I've done today to try the Alternative Route solutions on a trip where I knew there would be some. Sure enough there were! I tried all the suggested options without success. However on the return trip (still fiddling with the controller when i got an offer of an Alternative Route) suddenly I got a split screen - on the left details of the Alternative Route on the right details of the existing route with the option underneath to accept or continue. Amazing!!! Problem is I was fiddling & trying to drive safely at the same time. Not good!! Anyway this is was I think I did:
1. Caption offering Alternative Route saving xxxxmins
2. Press central controller & scroll down to Traffic - press
3. Drop down menu with "Notifications" at the top highlighted
4. Press central controller again & the split screen as described appears
5. Accept the new route which is then calculated.

I suppose really one should stop to go through all that but clearly not always possible. Pity Garmin couldn't program it to have an "Accept" "Ignore" option on the main screen

There were no other offers during the remainder of my journey to double check what I had done. However, she did announce that there was slow moving traffic ahead resulting in a 6 min delay so I repeated the above & this time got a screen saying "Your route is already optimised" but gave me the option of avoiding the traffic anyway. So I guess the procedure works - AT LAST!!
Hope this works for you - let me know

Old 10-12-2018, 11:58 AM

E220d SE
First trip I've done today to try the Alternative Route solutions on a trip where I knew there would be some. Sure enough there were! I tried all the suggested options without success. However on the return trip (still fiddling with the controller when i got an offer of an Alternative Route) suddenly I got a split screen - on the left details of the Alternative Route on the right details of the existing route with the option underneath to accept or continue. Amazing!!! Problem is I was fiddling & trying to drive safely at the same time. Not good!! Anyway this is was I think I did:

I suppose really one should stop to go through all that but clearly not always possible. Pity Garmin couldn't program it to have an "Accept" "Ignore" option on the main screen

There were no other offers during the remainder of my journey to double check what I had done. However, she did announce that there was slow moving traffic ahead resulting in a 6 min delay so I repeated the above & this time got a screen saying "Your route is already optimised" but gave me the option of avoiding the traffic anyway. So I guess the procedure works - AT LAST!!
Old 10-12-2018, 12:02 PM

E220d SE
Smile Garmin Map Pilot Alternative Route Issues