C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Difference of Smart integration and Pre Wire Navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350 MB Black on Black
Difference of Smart integration and Pre Wire Navigation

Please explain what the difference is because I have searched online and don't think I have the right understanding,

Will I have a backup camera with any options?
Will I be able to connect my phone and speak through the speaker on any options?

Some cars says;
Smart integration and Pre Wire Navigation
Smart integration
Pre Wire Navigation
Multimedia Package

SD Prewiring Navigation: Put a SD card in the slot and I will have navigation
Smartphone Integration: Connect android phone to USB to use navigation from google maps.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
smart integration is apple carplay and android auto. Maps and navigation can be done through your phone. (online only and need internet connection though phone).

SD Navigation is a garmin add on car that is full map offline. You can have both in the car. the multimedia package is command online. This is Mercedes top package for the multimedia and you can NOT get carplay ie smartphone integration package with this option but you get the navigation which is included with command at no additional cost for first 3 or 5 years with updates. i believe. after that you still have navi but you need to pay for updates.