MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   W205 Halogen to LED Upgrade Details (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/720750-w205-halogen-led-upgrade-details.html)

ZYfer 09-09-2018 11:19 PM

W205 Halogen to LED Upgrade Details

Hello everyone, sorry for my English, I live in the Dominican Republic and my main language is Spanish, recently I decided to import a 2015 C300 with AMG Package from florida, but the car had no LED Head/Tail lights and I really cant stand looking at the car like that so I decided to upgrade or sell it.

I bought 2 used Headlights off ebay for dirt cheap, I think 90 bucks one and 120 the other, hoping it would be a plug n play solution, thats what made sense to me at the time, and after reading everywhere I realized there is only 2 ways, the hard-risky cheaper one and the plug n play kit sold by some people on ebay and even here in the forums, I decided to try to get everything I needed to use my already purchased headlights but nobody would sell me those without the full package, and the plug and play solution is over a thousand dollars which I decided to spend on other things for my car, so after dumping 210 on the Head Lights plus the shipping costs I decided to give it a go myself.

So far here is my progress, I have successfully figured out what the required volts and correct polarity for each LED Chip , Lowbeam, Highbeam and successfully turned every light on for a few hours in my room, I have written down notes of the original wiring harness and know which cable is supposed to do what and compiled a list of the popper voltage converters for each bulb.

So basically I did it, I have been taking pictures and been documenting the whole process, for some reason the other only two people I have found that managed to do this wouldn't share their notes, I really dont know why, and there is little to no info on how to do this DIY.

I am curious if theres people out there wanting this information, if I see enough interest I will go through the process of making a small video or a step by step guide that will leave no room for guessing, its taken some time so far, its made me purchase another broken headlight to replace the blown out Chips the first time I tested looking for the correct volts for each chip, so it hasn't been easy, but it also hasn't taken me years like some claim or months, I have invested like 2 days of testing and a couple of nights reading, I am planning on getting them installed by next week.

So let me know how many of you are interested and I will try my best to get this guide up and free.

Note: This is for Halogen Headlights to non ILS LED Headlights upgrade.

Update: DRL and Turning Lights working as well.

Taillights will come next, those are much much much simpler.

Jphilip1 01-09-2019 06:09 PM

W205 Halgoen to LED Upgrade

hey! I’ve been looking for someone to share how they did this conversion for 2 years! If you’ve successfully done this please make a tutorial video or email me! The plug and play solution is at $2600!

Star4life 01-14-2019 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jphilip1 (Post 7650151)
hey! I’ve been looking for someone to share how they did this conversion for 2 years! If you’ve successfully done this please make a tutorial video or email me! The plug and play solution is at $2600!

the reason no one has posted is because it really is too involved for the average person. i sell retrofits for amg models. but for c300 the cost of level sensors makes it unfeasible. the amgs come with level sensors and wiring so it makes it much easier and affordable.

if you truly want to do the oem upgrade you can pm me. but keep in mind cost will be more than 2600 if going from halogen to full ils. if going from static it is around 2-3 grand depending on how cheap you can get headlights for.

Old Ag 01-14-2019 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by ZYfer (Post 7550063)
...So basically I did it, I have been taking pictures and been documenting the whole process, for some reason the other only two people I have found that managed to do this wouldn't share their notes, I really dont know why, and there is little to no info on how to do this DIY...

As I recall, as one of the two people who completed a DYI conversion, I believe I posted several pages of notes and pictures: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...errerid=410074

Perhaps you missed it, but if you are willing to take on this project, I’m not sure how much more information you need.

-Old Ag

Samir Khan 02-23-2021 12:38 AM

Unique style racing

Originally Posted by Jphilip1 (Post 7650151)

Hey everyone I saw a lot of people frustrated with the stock halogens, and I thought I’d recommend a plug and play solution much cheaper than Amazon. For 1100 with a discount code, unique style racing sells plug and play LED headlamps. Much cheaper than the alternatives on eBay and Amazon and work beautifully.